TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Disclosure. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Smile To Write Love On Her Arms. - April 8th 2010, 06:51 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

OK, on Christmas Day 2009, I received and e-mail, telling me that Chris Youngblood from the organisation To Write Love On Her Arms had posted a bulletin on Facebook titled:

For empty seats and elephants in rooms and dreams that feel impossible.‏

I thought I'd share it with you because I know that I was moved by it and gave me light at the end of my tunnel when I thought there wasn't.

Here it is:

Hey Guys.

My heart is light tonight. And it feels almost strange to type that. Because i remember so much wrestling and the weight of so many different Decembers. i don't know if it's the holidays or the year's coming to a close but this time of year has a way of reminding us what's missing, reminding us what hurts... i feel like i've been there a lot in recent years.

If you can relate to any of that tonight - to things missing or things changed or lost or broken - we just want to take a moment to say that it matters. Your story and your pain, your hopes and fears and dreams. It matters. You matter. Tonight and tomorrow and ten years from now. We're sorry for your hurts, for empty seats and elephants in rooms and dreams that feel impossible.

John Mayer said it well in a tweet earlier tonight: "Sending a heartfelt Merry Christmas to those who feel loneliness this time of year. You're not alone. Hang in there."

We'll add to that: Keep going. Keep fighting. Talk to someone. Get the help you need. Your life is worth fighting for. Your dreams, your story, the things that make you come alive - those things deserve to shine. You deserve a friend. You deserve to be loved, to be known. Whatever you're carrying - whatever aches or haunts or steals - you were never meant to carry it alone. Bono sings "We get to carry each other." He suggests that it's a privilege, that it's the best way to live. You were meant to walk with other people, to invite other characters to play parts in your life.

Wherever you're at tonight, however heavy or light the night is, whatever scene it finds you living - please know that you matter very much. Please know that you are something priceless, something beautiful and entirely unique. There is hope for you. There is hope for all of us. 2010 has never happened before and the same is true about tomorrow.

A prayer for you, or perhaps a wish if you prefer it said that way: We hope these things feel true. We hope you know you matter. We hope you find your smile. You deserve it -you absolutely do.

Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays / Happy 2010.

Peace to you tonight.

jamie

I hope you found it just as moving as I did.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Chaos Theory Offline
Knowledge will truimph.
Junior TeenHelper

Re: To Write Love On Her Arms. - April 8th 2010, 08:06 AM

I read about his organization on his website (My best friend recommended it to me and I found what I read very pleasing). I really like his idea.

I just read what he wrote here, and that really...well, it did slightly moved me, and it definitely got me emotional. I spent my last Christmas working all day and night long, then return home alone and went straight to bed. No friend bothered to wish me a merry Christmas or some sort. It was...just sad. Am I meant to walk with someone? Am I meant to have a friend? After all the lonely days since I migrated to America, 5 years ago, after that day, I begin to doubt that, maybe I am meant to be a lone wanderer.

To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the approbation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty; To find the best in others; To give of one's self; To leave the world a bit better...; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived - This is to have succeeded. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

http://www.formspring.me/ToucheTurtle <-- Ask me a question

(#3 (permalink)) Old
savealife723 Offline
i live. i laugh. i love.
I've been here a while

Re: To Write Love On Her Arms. - April 9th 2010, 07:03 PM

That was really powerful to me. Thank you for putting it up there.

When you can't find your way home,
and when life gets too hard to face on your own.
I will stand as a light through the darkness unknown,
I will walk with you, so you're never alone.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
TheLittleNinja Offline
I'm a secret ninja ;)
I've been here a while

Name: Claiiiiiiiiire

Re: To Write Love On Her Arms. - April 9th 2010, 08:19 PM

Now, Me personally, am always triggered by TWLOHA, and felt almost addicted to read this post - but having read it, I can happily say that for once, the organisiation has helped - for once I dont feel triggered by them. It was a lovely message

I'm still alive.
Must have been a miracle
It's been one hell of a ride
Destination still unkown
It's a fact of life: If you make one wrong move with a gun to your head
You better walk the line or you'll be left for dead.

I'm a runaway train on a broken track
I'm the ticker on the bomb that you can't turn back
Thats right.
I got away with it all and I'm still alive.
Let the end of the world come tumbling down.
I'll be the last man standing on the ground
As long as hot blood runs through my veins
I'm still alive.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Disclosure. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: To Write Love On Her Arms. - April 10th 2010, 04:17 AM

I'm glad that you found it powerful! I know that I did when I read and I've still got the e-mail from when I received it.

Closed Thread