TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Stuckinhell Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sammy

It's come back - April 8th 2010, 09:05 AM

I'm really worried. I've always suffered from depression, but this last year i thought i'd cracked it. I even took myself of my tablets whilst i was in africa, but now i'm home everything seems to be coming back.

The tiniest thing can make me cry, yet i feel so empty, useless. And i'm scared. I dont want to go back to how I was.

My anxiety is coming back as well. The feeling that everything is closing in on me. I feel endlessly sick and shaky. Like guilt welling up inside me.

Yet theres no reason for any of it. And i dont know what to do. I feel so helpless watching myself fall back down.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
I'm sorry you lost.
TeenHelp Addict

Re: It's come back - April 8th 2010, 09:09 AM

Hey Maia.

Sorry to hear you're not doing so well. But remember that you're not helpless, and you can do things to help yourself.

Do you see a professional? If you do, they should be able to help; if not, it might be useful to consider the idea.

Or you could try talking to your friends or family members about how you feel.

Don't try and get through this alone. You're not alone, and you don't need to try and do this by yourself. Get help, and you can recover.

Hope you start feeling better soon.
xx

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Stuckinhell Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sammy

Re: It's come back - April 8th 2010, 12:37 PM

I used to see a councillor. But when i left the college I quit. And i dont want to need it again. I'm scared if i go to the doctor, it will look bad on my health clearance for uni.

And. I dont even know how to approach someone. Like. By the way, i'm feeling a bit down? I keep thinking of suicide? They'll laugh me of or send me to a nut house.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Krisp Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kristin

Re: It's come back - April 11th 2010, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsecretsx View Post
I used to see a councillor. But when i left the college I quit. And i dont want to need it again. I'm scared if i go to the doctor, it will look bad on my health clearance for uni.

And. I dont even know how to approach someone. Like. By the way, i'm feeling a bit down? I keep thinking of suicide? They'll laugh me of or send me to a nut house.
Hey Maia.

I understand about not wanting to need therapy again. I also though I'd dealt with my depression but then, six to nine months ago, I started showing strong symptoms of depression again. Re-entering treatment was really difficult for me, and I was lucky to have a close friend who helped me build up the courage I needed to take that first step and call a therapist.

But here's the thing: you can't fix this on your own. If you don't go back to treatment, you won't heal. And you need to heal. I don't know what country you live in, but right now, health clearance for University shouldn't rate higher on your list than taking care of yourself. Besides, heading into treatment when you need it shows maturity and perseverance, which are characteristics many universities look for in potential students.

Here's another thing you need to know about seeking treatment: no one knows how to do it, mostly because there isn't any way except to try. No one will send you to a nut house: depression is actually a really common condition that many of us have experienced at least once in our lives. If you need to, call the office after hours so you can leave a message instead of talking to a person. Write down what you're going to say before you call and read it like a script. Do whatever it takes, but CALL SOMEONE. I know it's terrifying, but the only way to get some help is to ask for it.

I just joined, so I'm not quite sure how PMs work, but I'm sure it's not that hard. If you need to talk, message me.

Closed Thread