TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
765678 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy soo lost.. - April 11th 2010, 03:01 AM

my story is long.. but.. basically i've had a very bad break up with my boyfriend of over 1 and a half years as i found out he had been cheating etc.. after many "last chances" i had to finally end things as he was still a big part in my life. the last few months i have talk to him every now and then.. just because we still care about each other.. it's hard to explain. but anyway so for the past few months things have been getting worse.. my self confidence had never been very high and i had a history of self harm and depression.. so this triggered alot. i've been starving myself, cutting, drinking too much alcohol than i can handle and recently have noticed hair pulling. all of these things are building up and i'm just feeling so lost and purposeless.. my friends are just sick of having to put up with me beinga drunken mess. i can't tell my parents.. coz that's alot easier said than done.. and they are christians and really don't agree with my drinking and stuff so i do it without their knowledge. anyway, i'm just feeling like.. so helpless and i just wanna know if there is anyone that is sort of going through the same thing and what can i do..

(#2 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: soo lost.. - April 11th 2010, 03:30 AM

Hello and welcome to this forum. It is very good that you came to post about what you are going through and we should be able to be of assistance.

Obviously you are deeply hurt right now, as you were betrayed by the person that is closest to you. It is normal to feel very hurt in your situation but the way you are expressing it on yourself is concerning. When I was depressed at one point I went without eating for three days because everything just seemed blank, so I know a little bit about how you are feeling right now. But even though you may not see the need to in your current state of mind, I must strongly urge you to take better care of yourself as I am confident that the pain will go away soon and that you will find someone else to love. In the mean time I think it would be best to discuss it with someone and let it out, this should ease your pain. It will take time, the road to recovery isn't always the shortest, but things will get better. Is it possible to talk to some sort of counselor or therapist about your feelings? Maybe it might even help if you write it out.

Also, remember, none of what is happening is your fault, and we at this community are here for you.
  Send a message via Skype™ to FlyingTrue 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Joiiie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Joie:D

Re: soo lost.. - April 11th 2010, 03:33 AM

Okay, I may not be the best person to help out, but I'm going to try my best because I'd really like to be there for you.
I recently have gone through and am still dealing with a breakup with my girlfriend on two years, so I know how hard that is. I do not, however know much about the self harm or binge drinking issues. I do however know that there are plenty of people that are dealing with what you are dealing with, if not much worse. I think that you need to take some time, step back, and think. I think that you need to sit in the quiet, clear your mind, and think about what's going on right now. I'm sure most of your thoughts have been about you exboyfriend, or your depression, or your body image, but I think that you need to take some time to think about priorities. Think about the long run and how the binge drinking, starving, and self harm is going to effect your future. I know that it is far more easier said than done, but it needs to be done. Think about how much you are hurting yourself. Also think about who really cares about you, your friends, and obviously your family cares immensely if they disapprove of your drinking habits. I know that it sounds cliche, but you do, infact, have self worth that is far more great than you can see right now. You are in individual, and you need to see that no man should have an effect on you that makes you the way you are. The only way that it is possible for the breakup, and the cheating, ect to effect you this much is if you are allowing it to. Step back, Look at your life, And think, Please. I don't want to see anyone go down such a harmful road.

Love, Joie.
You can PM me or IM me any time you need someone to talk to, it's never ever a bother.
  Send a message via AIM to Joiiie Send a message via Skype™ to Joiiie 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Joiiie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: soo lost.. - April 11th 2010, 03:36 AM

Also, if you are unable to kick these thoughts yourself, maybe you should take it upon yourself to go see someone, as a last resort. It's never a bad thing to get help, and it's never something to be ashamed of.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
765678 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: soo lost.. - April 11th 2010, 04:12 AM

i dunno why but.. getting help would mean more people would know.. and like, people come to me for advice and help, if they saw this side to me.. i just don't feel like it'd be good.. i dunno. i'm hearing everything you guys are saying, but i'm in this headspace that's really hard to get out of.. i really want to get better.. mostly coz i hate being this way for my friends and family. but i just don't know how to go about it.. i don't have the guts..

(#6 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: soo lost.. - April 11th 2010, 04:19 AM

I used to feel EXACTLY the same way. But you got the guts to come onto this forum. So I believe you got the guts to speak out and find the right person to listen. Don't worry that anybody would think any less of you for feeling the way you do, experiences like this would only make you a stronger advice giver.
  Send a message via Skype™ to FlyingTrue 
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Joiiie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: soo lost.. - April 11th 2010, 04:23 AM

It's good that you can recognize the problem, most people are unable to do that. And you know that you're in a headspace that is hard to get out of. But you know that you need to, otherwise it'll be detrimental to your own wellbeing. If your last resort is finding help, that is what you need to do. You need to not worry about everyone else, such as the people that come to you for advice, you are the only one that should be your concern right now at this point in your life. If you need help, go get help. You don't need to tell everyone. It can stay between you and your doctor or psychologist. You know that there is an issue, and you want to get better, two building blocks that are necessary in order for professional help to work. You already have a head start. Sometimes you need a little push to get yourself out of the bad place that you're in. I've done it. What is more important, others opinions of you and the fact that you have issues, or your own well being?
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
765678 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: soo lost.. - April 11th 2010, 04:25 AM

the only place i can think of to get help is the school counsellor.. it's just.. at school and i don't like that idea. normally i would talk to my best mate, but whenever i try talk about my ex, she completely shuts me off coz she hates him and hearing about anything to do with him. it's really not helping the situation either.. but he has problems too, which i do kind of feel partly responsible for.. he's down a really bad road, so how can i give him or anyone else advice when i can't even help myself..

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Joiiie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: soo lost.. - April 11th 2010, 04:29 AM

Go to your school counselor, and ask how to go about finding a psychologist. That is what I did. If you really want to get better, you'd do whatever it takes. Regardless of others opinions. Your wellbeing is far more important, as I said, step back and think about priorities.
As for your best friend, you are not responsible for his issues, and you need to take time to worry about your own, not his.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
765678 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: soo lost.. - April 11th 2010, 04:31 AM

thanks for your advice guys.. but also at the school counsellors, if you talk to them about hurting yourself or anything that puts yourself in danger.. they call you parents.. without question. i want to get better without them knowing.. it will only worry them. like with every little thing.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Joiiie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: soo lost.. - April 11th 2010, 04:35 AM

So don't tell your school counselor about the self harm. Just go for information about finding a Psychologist to talk to.
Closed Thread