TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Kupo Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Prom Blues - April 14th 2010, 11:18 AM

Just came back from Spring back a few days ago. I was planning to ask someone to prom. I had about three people in mind. One of them got a boyfriend, two of them I was too late. I just found that out today.

Although earlier me and my friends advanced in our dodgeball tournament and had a good time, my day ended up going straight downhill from there when all three potential candidates of mine all are unavailable. The class after lunch, my English I just got into a state of realization. It's less than a month until Prom for me. No date. My heart just sunk in like the titanic.

I'm not sure what to do anymore. I don't even know If I want to go with Prom. Of course my friends are saying stuff like "STFU. You're going to Prom." or "If you don't go to Prom, you're going to regret it." or "Go with friends." Yeah, it might appear like my friends are supporting me, but at the same time I get kind of annoyed of times that they don't consider my feelings.

I basically got "turned down" in a sense by my potential dates. I got rejected from a Talent Show (Never got to audition cause I was on crutches for a sprained ankle. Planned on dancing, asked If I could record a video when I heal up during Spring Break. Said yes, but then they cut me the next day during a test with a note.), I also got to be in the School Play for West Side Story as an ensemble. But ended up just doing one dance for three minutes with 70 other people, but that was it. Never got to be on stage, even though other ensemble members were. But not even two minutes when the cast does the curtain call.

It seems that rejection is my destiny. Yeah, If I don't go to prom. I know I'm going to regret it. But If I do go to prom, I will regret that too. Sure, for some parts of the prom, I'll be dancing, mingling with friends. But then, when Prom Pictures are being taken with dates and such.. and when the slow music starts playing. I can guarantee that realization will sink in. Everything will start to turn black and white and my life will go even further down. Feeling left out, feeling sad. My friends who said "Just go with friends" will be concentrating on their date, while I would just stand there and feel sorry for myself. In the end, I'll regret both. But I might as well choose the less hurtful one, right? Most of my crew, separated. Going to prom in different methods. Party Bus, etc.

I planned on sharing a limo with friends, staying at a hotel that night. Asking my prom in a creative way. Buying a cool tuxedo. Sharing a heartwarming night slow dancing with someone. Nothing has happened. Less than a month until Prom (May 8th). I'm depressed. Not good. What are the chances of succeeding? Seems low to me. I just need a friend, anyone that could understand and remedy the problem. Other than people who just want to force me to come off their own selfish needs, without realizing how I'm feeling.

Sigh.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
HisPrincess Offline
Associate Live Help Operator
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Angelica

Smile Re: Prom Blues - April 14th 2010, 03:06 PM

Hey Kupo,
I am sorry your having the prom bues. I understand how you feel. Not having a date to the prom can be really sad and hard sometimes. I know the date for prom is coming closer and closer with every day, but i would say you have 3 options. 1. You can go to the prom just with friends and have a good time. When the slow music starts playing try to do something to get your mind of the fact you dont have someone to dance with. You might want to see if any of your friends don't have a date as well and talk to them when the slow music plays. Option 2. Try to get a date before prom. You could try this but it could leave you with more heartache then good. Option 3. Dont go at all. I think your best bet would be to go to prom with friends. I know it sounds bad now, but prom is an amazing time to have fun with friends. Give it a shot. Please feel free to PM me and give me feedback on this. Good Luck!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
ReyZ Offline
In a game without rules
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rey

Re: Prom Blues - April 14th 2010, 04:19 PM

Hey. Kupo
Lady luck seems not to be at your side. I can relate to that. Everything blowing up in your face all at the same time. Ok as for the girls think of it this way. Life said they weren't for you and that there is somone even better and you have to give it a bit of time thats all.
As for going to the prom I see no reasoon you can't (I don't know much about proms because of where I live) But do you think everyone would have a date for it? Don't you think there might be some girl who came with there friends just cause? Isn't a prom a social occation to meet new people too? Why not go and keep your eyes peeled for a girl without a partner. If you find one ask her to dance. (even if she isn't your "type") It would be a nice moment and Im sure she'd appreciate it.
If not, (agian don't know much about prom) then if there is more than one slow dance, ask one of your friends if you could have the pleasure of dancing with there girl once. just for the sake of the dance.
Or you're really brave ask one of the people who has one of your potential dates if it'd be ok.
(I don't know never been to a prom. closest thing is grad dance.)
Or you could not go and entertain yourself some other way. go into the town/city w/e and go meet some new girls. Have a game of glow in the dark mini golf or somethen.(IDK)
Turn lemons into Orange juice,No one knows how you did it but you did it!
Anyway Im routing for ya!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
kiddepue Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Matt

Re: Prom Blues - April 15th 2010, 04:55 AM

Think of it this way, could be worse. It could be like mine where i went to my Junior Prom with the girl i liked at the time, she then ditched me (and i paid for the fucking $120 pair of tickets and drove). And then Senior year i couldn't even go if i wanted to cause my school was stupid and only sold tickets in pairs for dates, and i couldn't get a date period...

So it could be worse, keep your head up. You don't have to ask someone from your school, ask a slammin babe from another school or get one of your friends to hook you up with a cutie. Best of luck!!
  Send a message via AIM to kiddepue  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Kupo Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Prom Blues - April 27th 2010, 05:39 AM

I don't get why my so called friends are being selfish.

Yeah, you might think that trying... (well.. that's being nice), let's say forcing me to go to prom and anything that involves "no" gets a "stfu, you're going"

Now that I say I'm going and not tripping over not having a date, then I get a "You're going on a fucking date."

Then now, since I irresponsibly left my facebook on at my friend's place, my other friend hacked it and posted some random ass crap like "I'm coming out of the closet" or "Poke me" and some other random crap. I don't really mind it, since it's just a harmless prank, but he went so far as asking someone out to Prom.

I was so pissed off that I blocked him on any contact I can, be it facebook, aim, and everything. I'm started to fall back into the mood of "not" wanting to go to Prom and with two weeks left, especially nothing paid yet, it's starting to become dim. In the process, the person that "he" asked to Prom seemed kind of sad when I broke the news to her. Now I feel pissed along with a side of guilt.

Am I going? I don't fucking know. I'm pissed off, but just like what I posted before. I don't have time to be pissed and depressed. But at the same time, If I don't do anything, how is anyone ever going to consider my feelings and take me seriously? I hate having to yell or become an asshole when I do.

Closed Thread