TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
thisiscourtney Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Courtney

I've made so many mistakes. - April 17th 2010, 09:09 PM

Last year, due to my eating disorder and severe depression, I decided to choose the 3-year accelerated graduation, making this year my last in high school. Also, I was going to school online since August, which kept me isolated in my house for most of the time. There's a law that states if you want to receive a diploma, you must be physically present in school for the last quarter, so that's where I am now. The difference this time is that I've recovered from my eating disorder and the only thing that's keeping me depressed is the fact that I have to graduate in a few short weeks. You may have seen a number of posts on here about me being completely confused about taking a year off or going to college or whatever, and it's because I'm truly not ready. I feel like I've missed out on a part of my life that should be one to remember forever.

Problem: I regret choosing the accelerated program. I want to stay in school.

My mom and I are going to talk to the counselor to see if that's an option, but I just want to know how to make peace with myself if it isn't. How do you get rid of regrets nagging at your mind and move forward? I've considered taking a year off and simply hanging out with my friends from high school, but I know it wouldn't be the same.

Waitin' for my ruca.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
Do you believe in ghosts?
TeenHelp Addict

Re: I've made so many mistakes. - April 18th 2010, 09:17 AM

Hey Courtney.

When all's said and done, you can't change the past. Cliche, I know, but it's true. There's no use regretting things you did, or didn't do, or feel you should have done, because no amount of thinking will change the past. The only thing you can do is make the best of what you have now - and it sounds like you're doing that already, by talking to your counsellor.

Just try not to too much about the decisions you've made, because that will just make you stress out. Focus on the future, and make the best of what you've got now.

Good luck.

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

Closed Thread