TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xxx_j3sskah_xxx Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: jessica

Thumbs down not sure what to do! - April 20th 2010, 11:19 PM

for the past six years ive had problems with getting on with most people, im quite a shy person myself and because i am this sort of character most people chose not to speak to me or be my friend, and im finding it so hard to get along with everyone. i had problems at secondary school last year, hung around with the popular crowd and because i wasnt a bitchy person like they were they picked on me and threatened me and made me feel low in every way possible, i had the whole school against me at one point and was histerical wanting to move school. i was told when you go to college everything gets better and you will meet a new group of nicer people and it isnt as bitchy and if anything its been worse, everybody in my class seems to have a problem with me. im not sure if this is me being paranoid and thinking that they are speaking behind my back or if they actually are. not only that im just so down and depressed, i only have a few friends right now as i lost most of them at secondary school and i argue with my mum alot and feel i have nobody to speak to, i also spend alot of my time on the social site facebook which allows me to end up becoming bored and even more depressed staring at the same page over and over again, and i take my anger and stress out on everybody. its making me really upset and i want to do something about it, a way of making a new group of friends easily, get out more, stop myself being on facebook all of the time, and stop my paranoia. i dont know whether theres a reason im finding it hard to make friends after such a long time or why im so paranoid. just neeed an answer from someone please? helpp! x

(#2 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: not sure what to do! - April 20th 2010, 11:33 PM

Jessica,
I have previously felt the exact same way that you are feeling right now when I was your current age in the public school environment, in fact it all started around the same age when it started for you. After a while I developed constant paranoia for fear of bullies and cyberbullies which had plagued me and I used to always be distrustful of people in almost every situation. I can only say that for me, it became normal. Don't blame yourself.

If we were to meet in person I would probably be more than happy to be your friend.
  Send a message via Skype™ to FlyingTrue 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
xxx_j3sskah_xxx Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: jessica

Re: not sure what to do! - April 20th 2010, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingTrue View Post
Jessica,
I have previously felt the exact same way that you are feeling right now when I was your current age in the public school environment, in fact it all started around the same age when it started for you. After a while I developed constant paranoia for fear of bullies and cyberbullies which had plagued me and I used to always be distrustful of people in almost every situation. I can only say that for me, it became normal.

If we were to meet in person I would be more than happy to be your friend.

really? but its really starting to get to me now because the paranoia's playing against me and i have such problems in relationships. i was with my ex for 2 years but it all ended badly because i ended up constantly assuming things were going on even though he did cheat on me with a good friend of mine, not sure whether this may have triggered my paranoia but im wanting it to stop! x

(#4 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: not sure what to do! - April 20th 2010, 11:43 PM

Yes, really. For me it took about a year or so after I left the public school environment for it to (mostly) go away on its own. In addition, it could be entirely possible that being deceived by the person you were closest with may have perpetuated the emotional triggers that had been causing these feelings you have.
  Send a message via Skype™ to FlyingTrue 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: not sure what to do! - April 23rd 2010, 02:22 AM

Your paranoia, if so, seems to stem from distrust of people partly. Other than that it seems to be that you are worried about social acceptance. Start out slow, by making acquaintances and then let them develop into friendships. Don't expect to have alot of friends at once, friendships(even fake ones) take time to develop. So just be patient and try to be friendly to every one while trying to build something.

I came here to help out, so if you wanna talk or just need someone to bounce ideas or issues off of or something else then send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.

Closed Thread