TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

I did something. that's getting to me - April 21st 2010, 05:03 AM

It's been 6 years and all I think about is what I did. I did something when I was 12 and it's been haunting me since. Like I sit and think how I would be feeling right now if I would of never done what I did. Would I not be going crazy because of it, would I look outside and feel no pain. All I do is sit and think of everything i've done that was bad.

I want to learn how to forget this dark past....
I know you can't go back in time and you can't see the future. I know don't look back on the past unless it makes you smile. But I can say I Know it, but i don't know how to do it. I understand the meening of them. I just can't get over what I did and I want to forget it so I can save what's left of my sanity.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: I did something. that's getting to me - April 21st 2010, 05:15 AM

Hello there,
I have made some mistakes in the past too, when I was much younger. I don't know the magnitude of your mistake, but by creating new positive memories such as by doing good things such as community service or volunteer work these errors were less and less memorable.

Would you be comfortable with telling us what the act was or at least giving us a general idea of how bad it was?
  Send a message via Skype™ to FlyingTrue 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
firecracker Offline
Atheist Pagan
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I did something. that's getting to me - April 21st 2010, 05:22 AM

Well, depending on the severity of what you did, there are different things you could do.

if it was something relatively small, just try to move on. It's harder than it sounds, I know. But whenever you catch yourself thinking about it, remember something good that happened. If you want to take the karma route, go out of your way to do good things to balance it all out, things like Flying True suggested; community service or volunteering and the like.

If it was more severe, you may want to talk to someone. Getting over big things is really hard and a therapist can help you move away from what happened and help you focus on the future.

I definitely agree with FlyingTrue, though. We might have an easier time helping if you give us a general idea of how bad it was. You don't have to give details, just a basic idea.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
theshyone Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Liz :)

Re: I did something. that's getting to me - April 24th 2010, 06:29 PM

Holding onto things can be hard, I know. I think we all have regrets in our life that keep eating at us and will continue you to for the rest of our lives. But the good thing in life is we can learn from our regrets and fix them so we don't do it again. Yeah, you can't go back in time but you can make sure in the future it does not happen again. Regret can be a good thing to, if you make it a good thing. Try and think positive. Keep your head up, it gets easier.

Closed Thread