TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Dobs Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Mandy

Can you hear this? - April 23rd 2010, 02:04 AM

Why Cut? Why Kill? Why Hurt?

In my opinion this is what I see... I am not saying this is right or wrong this is me.

Why Cut:
I don't but i think why is because they think it might help. I know it wont. It just spills ur blood and spills ur life.

Why Kill:
Of course I haven't done this either. I think why it is cuz they NEED a way out. Life is so tough sometimes the end seems the only thing left. I don't find this true cuz as much a the end is there so it the future.

Why Hurt:
I don't hurt myself, but I do feel the hurt and the pain. This is sometimes there is no way around feeling sad but Dont let it get its hold on u. Because u are strong...

What do u think of this?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
plk524 Offline
stuck...what to do?
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Prudence Lynn <3

Re: Can you hear this? - April 23rd 2010, 04:16 AM

honestly, i don't agree with this.
in my opinion of why cut, why kill, why hurt;

why cut?
it help you relieve stress by releasing endorphans into your boddy making bad seem good. afterwards is when you worry about the blood and your life and if gives you a feeling of control. because you control the wound. [i used to do this. i've been clean for a couple of months.]

why kill?
you can't handle what's going on in your life anymore, and you feel it's the only way you have to escape it. you know it will hurt people, but you can't live with something that has happened any longer. [i know people who have killed themselves]

why hurt?
you want the pain, it feels nice. you want to control the pain you feel. you want to get revenged. stuff like that.

this is my opinion towards this stuff.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Newsletter Tips Writer
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: Can you hear this? - April 23rd 2010, 03:03 PM

I think it's different for everybody. I haven't cut before, but I completely understand it. It's an escape from something unbearable. Suicide is the same thing, it's an escape from a life that is just too painful when you feel like you have no other way out.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Make A Wish ☼
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Lacey

Re: Can you hear this? - April 23rd 2010, 04:18 PM

I agree with Kate. Everyone has their own opinions. No one persons are correct.
I feel that SH and suicide are both choices people make when their running low on choices. When they feel that life just won't take a turn for the better. I personally SH, and for me it is an escape from the moment. It just takes the pain away long enough for me to calm down.
I also had a very close friend commit suicide. And, his life was okay. His parents had just divorced, but that was his biggest struggle. I think for him, it was that things were never going to be the same again and he just couldn't bear it.
Of course, like I said, no one's opinions are right or wrong.

Life is to short to put it off anymore
You gotta live it before itís too late
I canít turn that clock back around
On what youíre dreaming about
You better do it now, donít wait

Do something crazy and dumb, while your still young. <3

Need to talk? I'm here. --->
  Send a message via MSN to *~Circus Clown~*  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Can you hear this? - April 24th 2010, 05:53 PM

Again, I honestly do think that this is different for everyone. Everybody does have their own reasons for self harm and for their suicidal thoughts or actions. Self harm is a coping mechanism for many people, but also for many different reasons. There is never a simple answer to your three questions and they do differ from person to person.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
theshyone Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Liz :)

Re: Can you hear this? - April 24th 2010, 06:17 PM

Its different in everyone, but here are reason why I did it and hear or some other reasons Ive heard
why cut?
Because I felt so much guilt and everything was my fault so I felt I should punish myself for what I though I did wrong. Other reasons why someone might do this is, they hurt so much on the inside they want to know if they feel pain on the outside, They are so stressed out and really don't know how to control it and also maybe they just hate the way they look.
Why kill?
Again I was blaming myself for a lot and felt really guilty, like I did nothing right and like I was worthless. I felt like the world was better without me. I didn't want to end my life really, I wanted to end the pain. Which is how must people feel that have committed suicide. But a lot of homosexual people commit suicide because they feel like a freak or an outcast. and there are many reasons why, but its too long of a list to explain
Why hurt?
Because they have a lot of pain built up somewhere or feel bad about ones self. That pretty much sums it up. I know I did it because I hated my life and actions.

But remember it is truly different for each person and there is really no right answer to these questions.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
i_am_me_again Offline
I'm A Pyschotic Neurotic.
I can't get enough

Name: Jaymi

Re: Can you hear this? - April 24th 2010, 07:32 PM

I think, that for each 3 catagories, the answer will differ from person to person.

Everyone has there own reasons, for each catagories.

HelpLink Mentor & Forum Moderator

PM me!

Our lives are like music.
It hits its high and low notes,
But in the end,
It all turns into a perfect melody
  Send a message via MSN to i_am_me_again  
Closed Thread