TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
fall to romance Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Brittany

When my world crashes around me... - April 23rd 2010, 11:13 AM

Whenever I start to feel I'm slipping back into my deep depression, I reread all the quotes that saved me once before. It works, and I really hope at least one of them helps you.

-“There’s a reason we have intelligence and we can speak and we can think and we can paint and we can do all kinds of amazing things as people.”

-"I never got into expressing myself to make everyone happy. I think that’s impossible."

-“NOTHING is worth hurting yourself over. NOTHING is worth taking your life over, DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!”

-"Suicide is a serious thing. And if you know anyone who is suicidal, you need to get them help. No one should be in pain. Everyone should love themselves. Like I love you all."

-"Hey, girls, you're beautiful. Don't look at those stupid magazines with sticklike models. Eat healthy and exercise. That's all. Don't let anyone tell you you're not good enough. You're good enough, you are too good. Love your family with all your heart and listen to it. You are gorgeous, whether you're a size 4 or 14. It doesn't matter what you look like on the outside, as long as you're a good person, as long as you respect others. I know it's been told hundreds of times before, but it's true. Hey, girls, you are beautiful." (This one right here is a big one for me. It kinda makes me cry every time I read it. <3 )

-"Even if you stop believing in us, we'll never stop believing in you."

-"I went to Japan not thinking I was coming back…I didn’t pack anything, I packed show clothes…I was addicted to self destruction more than the drugs…I really thought I was going to die. [It was] Honestly just good ol’ fashioned depression, but heightened by alcohol dependency and narcotic abuse. Every body gets depressed—it’s totally normal—but I didn’t realize it at the time. I thought I was really sick. I was self-medicating and I thought the medication wasn’t working. It’s not to belittle the fact that some people have it worse than other, that some people can’t even get out of bed. It’s very serious. But I noticed a lot of people think they can solve their problems with antidepressants and that I’ve noticed being a bigger issue. It really strips you of who you are. All your quirks, all your problems, even your depressions and your failures that’s what makes you you, and there’s a lot of drugs out there that will take that from you."

-“Be yourself, don't take anyone's shit, and never let them take you alive.”
There was a moment in my life when I really wanted to kill myself. And there was one other moment when I was close to that. . . . But even in my most jaded times, I had some hope.”

-“Your going to come across a lot of shitty bands, and a lot of shitty people. And if anyone of those people call you names because of what you look like, or because they don't accept you for who you are. I want you to look right at that motherf****r, stick up your middle finger, and scream F**K YOU!”

-“When we first started out I had a really big issue and a lot of my loved ones had a really big issue with the fact that I was totally in pain up there and there was a time when I tried to hurt myself off stage, but I got over that. Like, you should never want to hurt yourself. You should love yourself. Sometimes you have to kind of die inside in order to rise from your own ashes and believe in yourself and love yourself and become a new person and I think that that is going to be a lot of what the next record is about, not to plug it or anything. Like, it's going to talk about dying and coming back to become what you totally want to become. We are all becoming what we want to become.”

-"Surrounding myself with fans makes me feel like I'm not going through it alone."

There you go. I hope at least one of these helped. By the way, these are pretty much all Gerard Way of My Chemical Romance. And these quotes are a big reason for my fanaticism. My Chem really is a band that will save your life.

Oh, and if you've got helpful quotes (quotes that have helped you) feel free to share them!

-B
--

R.I.P. my sweet baby boy. I miss you so much more than you could have ever imagined.

"There was a moment in my life when I really wanted to kill myself. And there was one other moment when I was close to that. . . . But even in my most jaded times, I had some hope.”-Gerard Way

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: When my world crashes around me... - April 23rd 2010, 11:28 AM

I kind of like this thread. I like all the quotes. I too find quotes to be really helpful when I am going through a hard time. Whenever I am struggling with something I look for a quote that best describes that struggle and then I put it on facebook for all to see. It really helps. I love inspirational quotes.

My favorite quote is "I am not what has happened to me. I am who I chose to become." Carl Jung.

Some other quotes I like:

"Accept that all of us can be hurt, that all of us can and surely will at times fail. Other vulnerabilities, like being embarrassed or risking love, can be terrifying, too. I think we should follow a simple rule: if we can take the worst, take the risk." Joyce Brothers

"Learn to get in touch with the silence within yourself, and know that everything in life has purpose. There are no mistakes, no coincidences, all events are blessings given to us to learn from.” Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

"I see the dream and I see the nightmare, and I believe you can't have the dream without the nightmare."

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
fall to romance Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Brittany

Re: When my world crashes around me... - April 23rd 2010, 11:41 AM

Thank you! And I'm glad you liked the post. I really wanted to try and do something that could potentially help people...to have them read something that might just help if only in the slightest way. I mean, these are quotes that saved me once, mind you these are only a few and they were combined with me listening to their music literally non-stop for months.

I really liked your quotes too. ^_^ The overall message of them is quite fantastic. <3

-B
--

R.I.P. my sweet baby boy. I miss you so much more than you could have ever imagined.

"There was a moment in my life when I really wanted to kill myself. And there was one other moment when I was close to that. . . . But even in my most jaded times, I had some hope.”-Gerard Way

Closed Thread