TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ImaginedReality Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I don't care - May 2nd 2010, 06:10 AM

Just another day of the same pathetic feeling i always get around people. Everyone is happy and im alone and afraid. I'll never stop being shy and I'll never be happy in my pathetic life and it doesnt matter. What's the point of trying anymore I just dont belong anywhere and I never have..why am i even here, there's no point. Nobody cares and no one can help me, I don't even have any kind of life I'm too miserable to stay like this but too afraid to talk to anyone. I know they'd just make fun of my stupidity anyway. I'll never have anyone and ill never connect to people cause its always the same feeling of disconnect. i just dont know what the point is anymore...every boring, useless, wasted day going nowhere.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: I don't care - May 2nd 2010, 03:23 PM

Hello there,
I always used to feel the same way, and I still have a bunch of the same feelings somewhat, even though I am very smart and have wonderful qualities that girls should love in a guy, there seems to be a big disconnect in the same way you describe. Often I feel jealous when I see a couple walking by all joyous and happy while at the same time I feel sad and miserable because I'm pretty lonely and don't have anyone. People that make fun of negative qualities in people are obviously very immature and obviously are not worthy of you. I've felt exactly the same way, and I'm not giving up. You shouldn't either.

Feel free to send me a PM if you want to talk.
  Send a message via Skype™ to FlyingTrue 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Victoria ♥ Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Victoria

Re: I don't care - May 2nd 2010, 03:49 PM

Hey,

I’m sorry to hear you’re struggling at the moment, it must be really hard to feel like that. One thing I know for sure is that there are always people that care, I know that sometimes it seems like we don’t have anyone to turn to but it’s important that you reach out to someone and let them know how bad you’re feeling and that you need some help and support with things. I know that asking for help can be daunting, especially as you say you are shy, but it’s really important that someone knows about this so that you don’t have to deal with it on your own. The way you are feeling is not stupid, so no one would make fun of you, you just need some help figuring things out that’s all.

You seem to think you’re alone so maybe doing something where you can get out and meet some more people might be a good idea. Also, I’m really shy, and I know that I would never do anything if I didn’t force myself so although putting yourself in a new situation can be scary it will really help you begin to overcome this.

I hope things start to get better for you!
PM me if you ever need to talk,
Vicky

♥ 18.10.08 ♥
LiveHelp Operator

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount31

Edit avatar

Re: I don't care - May 2nd 2010, 08:42 PM

Hey there, your situation sounds so similar to mine at the moment.

I'm sick of being shy.
I'm sick of other people telling me to "speak up" and "be assertive."
I'm sick of people walking all over me.
I'm sick of being spoken to condescendingly.

I feel like nobody sees anything other than my shyness. I feel like I can't connect to anyone. Sometimes I even have trouble connecting to my own friends. However, I'm not ready to give up yet. You should keep fighting, too. Obviously, we're not as alone as we think we are. Others are feeling this same kind of hurt and rejection at this very moment.

If we truly want this to change, we have to challenge ourselves. For example, I'm going to be taking up my first job this summer. I'm also going to work on getting my driver's permit. We need to expose ourselves to the outside world, or we will never get over our shyness. It may seem impossible right now, but all our hard work will be well worth it in the end.

Feel free to PM me if you ever want to talk.

Closed Thread