TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Teej Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Help please. - May 2nd 2010, 07:59 AM

This past year, I have let little things get to my head that my best friend says. It's ridiculous. And it gets me very upset, and I do not know why I break down but I do. I hate it, and I can't help it.

And another big cause is that he says I am changing but I don't realize it. I want to be the same me and every time he brings it up I have another break down.

I have this sad nights, almost every night, some days I fall asleep crying others I just don't sleep. What's going on with me?

And the other thing is, why do I care so much about the little thing my bestfriend has to say? We're close as fuck, and he's like my brother. But he influences me so easily. I don't know if I get jealous when he's chillin' with someone else, or if I've just grown so attached to the dude I can't leave him.

I understand the second part of this is off topic for this forum section but to save time I tossed it in this thread.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Help please. - May 2nd 2010, 03:14 PM

Hello there,
If he is your primary friend and you don't have many others than what he says could be magnified in your head because since he is really trustworthy, or you have some sort of feelings for him, you are giving what he says additional significance. Or this could be some sort of anxiety. My best recommendation would be talking to him about your feelings if you feel comfortable doing so, then he should be more sensitive toward them.
  Send a message via Skype™ to FlyingTrue 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Victoria ♥ Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Victoria

Re: Help please. - May 2nd 2010, 04:06 PM

Hey there,

It’s not surprising that what your friend has been saying has been upsetting you and so it’s not ridiculous. If your friend keeps constantly saying nasty things to you then however small or insignificant they sound they are going to begin to build up and have a negative impact on how you feel and your relationship with him. I think that one of the best things you can do is talk to your friend about how what he is doing is making you feel....He might not be aware of how it is affecting you.

I think it sounds like (and I might be wrong) you are worried about you and your friend growing apart. Maybe that is the reason you worry about what he has to say and that you worry when he says you are changing? I don’t know but I really think you need to talk to him, whether that be the case or not. Maybe having someone else you can talk to about this as well will also help.

I hope things get better soon

♥ 18.10.08 ♥
LiveHelp Operator

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread