TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
e44314 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

substance abuse / beginning to cut - May 2nd 2010, 10:55 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

everything has gone downhill since the beginning of this year. i lost anyone that cared about me except my parents and now all i want to do is get high off of whatever i can get my hands on. i realized this is bad so i tried to stop and now i just constantly feel completely alone. my parents r distant my brother is gone and any friend i had that could help me, i've pushed away too far. i just cut myself and i really want to die, but the only thing that's stopping me is knowing how my parents would feel. i want to be able to not feel like this, but its been the same for months now and i dont kno what to do.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Emily. Offline
taste the sky
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: substance abuse / beginning to cut - May 2nd 2010, 11:05 PM

Hey there.

First off, I am going to move this thread as I think you will get more help in another forum.

Secondly, it sounds like you have been going through a really rough time lately. I think the best thing you can do for yourself is to talk to someone. Tell your parents what's going on and maybe ask them if you can see a counselor? It can be really helpful to have a professional to work through things with. Plus you deserve that help.

I'm really glad you realized getting high wasn't helping you and are trying to stop. That's a really good step. You also don't deserve the hurt from self-harming either. I know it feels like it helps, but in the long run you are really just hurting yourself more. And you definitely do not deserve to die. I truly believe suicide is never the right choice. Life can get better. It might take some time and letting others help you, but things can change. You can be happy. Just don't give up, okay?

Please don't be afraid to reach out and talk to someone. You deserve that. And you can pm me anytime.
<3 Emily

"Sometimes it's a struggle to be not who you want to be, not who you used to be, not who you're going to be,
but just being right where you are, who you are"

(#3 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Re: substance abuse / beginning to cut - May 3rd 2010, 12:05 AM

Drugs will not make you feel better. It may seem they will numb the pain for awhile but as an ending results it'll only bring so much more pain and problems into your life and you don't need that. As for cutting, that is only hurting yourself, and it won't help you to feel any better. I tried that already before and it never once helped me, that's why I stopped.
Perhaps try not pushing your friends away, instead maybe try talking to your parents and getting closer to them, open up to someone who you can trust and confide in, but don't push people away. Don't be afraid to open up and trust someone and let someone in a little, because if you open yourself up to a person and confide in them, they can really help and make you feel better. I didn't believe it could work either, but then I tried it and it really helped me. I talk to my mom about everything now and she's really helped me through alot, as have a few close friends.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
jellbell Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jell-poo

Re: substance abuse / beginning to cut - May 9th 2010, 09:05 PM

being lost is apart of getting help rite now yur lost everyonr here will try to help to the best of our ablityy

fierce&lovee

Closed Thread