TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Arcenciel Offline
Child and Youth Care Worker
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Jen

please help me - May 4th 2010, 06:42 PM

I figured making a title that said "please help me" would help me to get someone to actually FRICKING READ AND REPLY TO my posts. Because I'm getting sick and tired of whatever I did to deserve this but I look through this forum and some people get like 20 replies in a day and some get three. I get none for days and then get one or two replies. What did I do? What is so different about me? Is it because I didn't help people before they help me? it's a tit for tat system? Because you know, I did do live help, buddy and help link for some time. I DID help people, so now can someone please fricking help me?!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
awmnomnom7 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: please help me - May 4th 2010, 07:22 PM

I find it irritating when I have a problem and people don't respond for a while. But you have to understand, people are not on here looking through the forum 24/7. Anyway, what is your problem?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: please help me - May 4th 2010, 10:55 PM

Jennifer,
Not everyone knows the right solution to every situation, and while I am concerned about you, I honestly do not know how I would be able to advise you because I do not know about your type of problem. Therefore I do not feel it would be right for me to reply, and so I leave it for others who would be able to respond confidently. There are so many situations I wish I could help with but sadly I can't. I'm sorry. But I do hope things improve for you.
  Send a message via Skype™ to FlyingTrue 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
xyzman Offline
wolfboy
Junior TeenHelper

Name: call me DK

Re: please help me - May 4th 2010, 11:11 PM

i know haw u r feeling i have the same problemwith geting like 1 or 2 posts in like 2 weeks and i know haw it feels like no one cares but we do and i wud like to help eny way i can and if u need somthing pm me

(#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount31

Edit avatar

Re: please help me - May 5th 2010, 02:35 AM

I must agree with FlyingTrue. Oftentimes when I do not respond to a post it is because I feel I would not be able to provide adequate advice for that particular situation. Please keep in mind that people on here are not medical professionals, and we're all trying to help each other in the best way we know how. Sometimes it can be difficult to advise someone if you have not been in that place yourself.

I honestly do not believe people are blatantly refusing to help you out of anger or spite; I believe it to be a combination of what I stated above and the fact that people are not always able to access the forums on a daily basis. People do care about you; I've found this to be a very compassionate community myself. Hang in there and I hope things improve for you.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Anonymous. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: please help me - May 5th 2010, 04:52 AM

I also agree with flyingtrue and Sarafina. That has happened to me too. Sometimes, you post something that many people can relate and help you with and sometimes you may post something that not many people can relate to. You also gotta remember that we are not professionals (at least not yet for some of us). And even if we were, I don't think it would be beneficial to help you with any diagnosis or medications (hense our rules about doing such things). Why don't you try posting your problem in a way that everyone can understand and maybe you will get some help. It would also help if your posts were as short as possible. That way, it wouldn't be as intimidating to read.

Hope all is well.
PM me if you need anything.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Megan09 Offline
Singer, lover, writer
Average Joe

Name: Megan

Re: please help me - May 5th 2010, 05:21 AM

What do you need help with? I havent been on for about half a day but I promise if I ever see you need help I'll be here

"If music be the food of love, play on." -Shakespeare
Remember: May is skin cancer awareness month. Be smart, here are some tips to protect yourself:
Feel free to PM me, I'm here to help
TH Social Networking Team
  Send a message via AIM to Megan09  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: please help me - May 5th 2010, 04:36 PM

Hey Jennifer,

I am sorry that you haven't felt as though enough people have read or replied to your posts. I can understand why it may be frustrating if you have a problem and no one seems to have the answer. However, I also think it's important to think this through rationally and understand that not everyone has an answer and that some posts may be difficult for people to reply to - it certainly doesn't mean that you 'did something' to deserve no replies!
Perhaps if you try and explain to us what the problem is here, we could attempt to help you?

Take care.

Closed Thread