TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Mad Mel Offline
Your Average Sane Psycho
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Melissa

Unhappy I have no hope, no future. - May 11th 2010, 07:13 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I'm not going to be able to graduate.
I'm not even going to be able to pass anything but biology this year. There's only like 2 or 3 weeks of school and my grades are in the 40 percents. I go online so no one cares.

I'll never have a normal life. I was sexually abused many, many times when I was 5-6.
I'm by no means "normal" anyway. I'm strange. I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder, OCD, and dermatillomania.

I have only one friend. And she's busy with her boyfriend anyway. She doesn't need me.

I'm unlovable. I'm too weird, too out-there, too much baggage, too stupid to be loved.

I've started self-harming again. Well, more than just the compulsively picking at myself.

Not even the sun is out.
  Send a message via AIM to Mad Mel Send a message via MSN to Mad Mel  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: I have no hope, no future. - May 11th 2010, 08:25 PM

Melissa,
Even if you don't graduate this year, you still have a future, and it is still bright. Is there anyone with the school at all like a counselor that you can talk to about getting help with the material? Have you been able to talk to your parents about this? I think a maybe a tutor would be to your benefit.

There are people out there that will love you even with the problems that you have. I know that if I knew you well enough, I would. Maybe if there is a support group for people that share some of the difficulties that you have, you might find someone.

Obviously things have been rough but they will get better. Maybe not right away, but in time. Just don't give up. If you need someone to talk to I am just a PM away.
  Send a message via Skype™ to FlyingTrue 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Pandamonium Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Steph

Re: I have no hope, no future. - May 11th 2010, 08:29 PM

Not being able to graduate time is difficult, but it doesn't mean you can't graduate at all. Even if things don't sort themselves out, you can make a game plan to make sure you're able to graduate sometime next year.

There really is no "normal'. Every single person, whether they admit to it or not, has a quirk or habit that isn't like anyone else. There are probably many other students around you struggling with various disorders, even if you aren't aware of it. You are by no means alone or "not normal'.

My Mom was sexually abused when she was younger and even though it took her some time to come to terms with things, she was able to go on and lead a life she appreciated and enjoyed. I know it may seem very difficult and hopeless right now, but there is always hope, there are always options and you are not alone or unloved.
  Send a message via MSN to Pandamonium  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Prof.Engrish Offline
愛してる
Senior TeenHelper

Re: I have no hope, no future. - May 12th 2010, 09:14 AM

there still is hope..

coming from where your from, i'm a very shy person and thus i dont have lotts of friends (just the bunch). Although i'm on track to graduate. there still is hope, try again next year.

or if you dont want to go to school again. get your GED and then attend a community college and then possibly transfer out into a 4-yr university.

--well hope i help. PM me if u need
  Send a message via AIM to Prof.Engrish  
Closed Thread