TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Rpb3 Offline
Rpb3
Welcome me, I'm new!

i wanna die and im scared. - May 12th 2010, 12:10 AM

i always wanna die. i need help but drugs dont work, my shrink is usless and i need help! i keep thinking of ho 2 end it and im scared i might try. i have depression, but having a name for my issues doesnt help if treatment sucks. please help me.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: i wanna die and im scared. - May 12th 2010, 02:57 AM

Hello and welcome to this website. Hopefully things will start getting better for you soon. Lets see if I can help somewhat.

Is there anything in particular that is making you feel the way you do? Such as a traumatic experience for example like a bad breakup?

Obviously if your shrink isn't helping, you need a different therapist that would be able to better help you with your recovery. Have you asked about seeing someone else? Do you have the same feelings when you do things that you usually enjoy?
  Send a message via Skype™ to FlyingTrue 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Prof.Engrish Offline
愛してる
Senior TeenHelper

Re: i wanna die and im scared. - May 12th 2010, 09:10 AM

dude dont give up on life. think of all your friends and family that you would hurt.

PM me dude, let's can talk this out
  Send a message via AIM to Prof.Engrish  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Ellie Offline
Oh mai.
I've been here a while

Re: i wanna die and im scared. - May 12th 2010, 02:19 PM

Hey there,

I'm really glad that you posted because it's clear that things are pretty tough for you right now and if you feel that your shrink isn't helping then it can often seem like you haven't got anywhere else to turn. Many people often find that the first port of call they go to for help doesn't work but that doesn't mean you have to stop there. Yes, your counsellor that you have at the moment isn't helping but that doesn't mean that someone else can't. Not everyones methods work for everyone. Tell them that they aren't helping and see if there's someone else that you can talk to at the practice or even start looking around for someone else. Remember that for every time something doesn't help, you're one step closer to finding something that does.

You say that you're scared that you might do something -- perhaps that means there's something inside you that doesn't want this? That doesn't actually want to die, but instead wants to stop feeling this way? You can fight and get through this and that fear inside you is the strength that can help you find another means of support. There are plenty of people out there who are there to help. Don't stay with someone who isn't helping. You deserve to fight through this and you can as well.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Ella.x Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Ella

Re: i wanna die and im scared. - May 13th 2010, 12:25 AM

Hi, welcome to TH
Sometimes it takes a long time to find the right anti-depressants for you. I personally have tried fluoxetine, sertraline, mirtazapene, venlafaxine and now duloxetine. I though that I would never find the right one for me, but duloxetine seems to be making a difference. As well as drugs, I believe that counselling and talking to people is essential. Although my anti-depressants are working to some extent, I still don't feel 100% and counselling is helping some.

It's all about finding what works for you, but I suggest that you keep trying the drugs as when you find the right ones, they realy can help.

x

(#6 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount31

Edit avatar

Re: i wanna die and im scared. - May 13th 2010, 10:49 AM

Hi there, welcome to TH! In addition to what others have posted, I must ask, why is it that you feel your therapist is useless? The only reason I ask is because I also had this problem many, many times before, and actually changed therapists many times due to it. This was until I realized that it actually wasn't my therapists but me. I wasn't doing my part by being completely honest. Once I started to be open about my problems, I really saw a difference.

Do you find yourself trying to push your therapist away?

Closed Thread