TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
asdfzxcv Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I could realy use someone to talk to right now... - May 19th 2010, 07:08 PM

To be honest up until one point I really believed i could handle this on my own but apparently I was wrong. For the last six years I haven't had a real friend whom I can talk to. Not sure if it's couse of me or not but the fact is that for the last several years, I've been kind if alone.At one point I started considering suicide, but as strange as it sounds, I decided I had reached rock bottom and dismissed the idea. With time though I lost my motivation/will to go on. I lost interest in everything I used to be good at. It all kind of lost its color or meaning to me. My grades recently fell in just a few months from B+/A to hardly a D. And surprisingly I seem to be quite calm about it all, which is just strange.

Long story short, I'm really lonely, my entire life is pretty much falling apart in front of my eyes,I have lost will to go on and don't seem to give a s*it about it,but I'm too freggin optimistic to totally give up.

Sorry i kind of just gave you my autobiography but...well I've got nothing better to do
I really appreciate any advice or well... anything.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
rainbownikki Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: nikki

Re: I could realy use someone to talk to right now... - May 19th 2010, 07:17 PM

if you ever need anything, or need to talk, dont think twice about pm me. iv been threw alot maybe we could share some exprenices

taste the rainbow, climb the arch, and feel better when you slide down to the pot of gold.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Lone Wolf Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Gemma

Re: I could realy use someone to talk to right now... - May 19th 2010, 07:34 PM

I know exactly how you feel. I have severe social anxiety and depression which means that I don't have any real friends either.

Feel free to PM me if you want to talk about anything. Have you told anyone else about the way you feel? It does sound like you probably have depression, so perhaps you should see your GP about it.

Just try and hold on, and don't beat yourself up about your grades as this will only make matters worse, and it's not your fault you feel this way. Talk to your parents or someone you trust about the way you're feeling. Just remember that as hard as it is to believe right now, you will feel happy again.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
asdfzxcv Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I could realy use someone to talk to right now... - May 19th 2010, 08:34 PM

Thanks everyone. I have talked to my parents about it and although my dad was against it, about a year ago I did convince them to take me to a psychiatrist.
He(the psychiatrist) did eventually conclude that I in fact do have depression, but a few months after I kind of had to stop going due to my dad.
He's not really the type who would accept anyone's opinions or advice if they are in conflict with his own.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
xHollyx Offline
Not a n00b

Name: holly

Re: I could realy use someone to talk to right now... - May 19th 2010, 08:53 PM

hey ino what you mean by your parents thinking there always right,what about your mam does she mind if you go to a psychiatrist. if you talk to your dad again and just let him know how you feel and tell him what you have to do this im sure he'll let you go to a psychiatrist again whether he fully agrees to it or not.
its you who wants the help, so i think it should be your decision.
my grades fell from a's and b's to just getting d's and my parents seemed really disapointed in me but i didnt really seem to care i had no interest in school, but now i have exams coming up that are pretty important so im studying a bit here and there,my grades have gone back up to c's and 1 or 2 b's now.
i never thought i could acheive anything hgher than a d, because i never tried, hope it all works out ok for you, you can pm me or add me on msn or something if you ever need to chat.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Nifty.
Not a n00b

Name: Mina.

Re: I could realy use someone to talk to right now... - May 19th 2010, 09:41 PM

I know exactly what you're going through, even down to the dad part. If you ever need to talk, PM me, I love to talk (:
Feel better, Just know things change and one day you'll meet people who were worth waiting for, and all this won't matter anymore.Feel better, xx.

---
Originally joined;; October 2007.

Just one kiss and I'm alive,
One kiss and I'm ready to diee.
'Cause you're so beautiful.

Send a message via AIM to brokenwingedthing Send a message via MSN to brokenwingedthing Send a message via Yahoo to brokenwingedthing  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Alexx Offline
Average Joe

Name: Alex

Re: I could realy use someone to talk to right now... - May 22nd 2010, 09:05 PM

My dad is the same, too. I understand how that is.

I suffer with depression.. I really, honestly thought I was coping. Well, I sort of still do. I know I'm not, and sometimes I'll realise "crap, Alex, you aren't coping at all so just get help!" and in that time, I do try and get help, it just doesn't get anywhere.
I've tried to cope every way I can, including all the unhealthy ways like self-harm. (I know some don't consider it unhealthy, I just think it is because it doesn't make you better completely, just copes with things in the moment.)

If you ever want to talk, please PM me I'd love to have someone to talk too, as well. I'm a good listener.

Closed Thread