TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Nomophobia Offline
Music is my escape
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Muse

Decision - May 28th 2010, 09:39 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

[Edit: This post has been partially edited in order to conform with our Terms of Service.]

Today is my last day at high school, I finish 6th form and I feel like I may commit suicide. It would work well because it means I can enjoy this last day, and have a good day for the first time in a long time. It would also mean that I can say goodbye and hug all of my school friends, like I would normally do on a last day, but it has a double meaning, and when i get upset at the end of the day, no-one will ask questions. As I am feeling like this I need help and support in order to dissuade me from this course of action.

"Friends are like stars; you don't always see them but you know they are always there"

"It gives me hope. I love you so much. You give me a reason to breathe. Its something for me to not kill myself for" >>> means so much :')

Paramore! <3
Pm me anytime, I like to help!

Last edited by Jack; May 29th 2010 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Edited to fit in with our terms of service.
  Send a message via MSN to Nomophobia  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Lone Wolf Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Gemma

Re: Decision - May 28th 2010, 10:06 AM

Please don't do it, Toffeekitten. I'm sure you would be badly missed by everyone on TH, and by your relatives and friends offline. I know it's a cliche, but suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Even if you were to only experience one moment of happiness again in your whole life, staying alive would have been worth the while. The thing about suicide is that you don't really want to die, you just want to be saved. You don't want to be dead and gone forever, you just want to be happy again. I'm sure you imagine killing yourself as a way to show everyone how bad you feel, and how serious you are. All that would happen is that you'd maybe get a brief mention in the local paper, and then no one would ever hear from you again. You'd be gone forever, and your family and friends would be completely overcome by grief at your passing.

Please believe me when I say that severe depression is not rational, I've been there before, and the misery you feel completely overides everything else, every rational thought in your head, simply telling you that you'd be better off dead. It's not true. You will feel happy again, I promise you. You are so strong to have made it this far. Don't give up now. Depression tricks you into believing that you're worthless and that suicide is your only option. It's simply not true, there are a lot of people out there who care about you and would be distraught if you went through for this. Why would I be writing this if I did not care deeply for you?

Fight to stay alive, because as hard as it may be for you right now, and as tough as the battle may be, you will come out the other side, happy and feeling yourself again, that is certain.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
"Bisexual" Tux (Linux Mascot)
I've been here a while

Name: Chris

Re: Decision - May 28th 2010, 02:09 PM

Definitely, please, please don't do it. It's just not worth taking your own life for this. Things CAN and WILL get better.

Chris
You can always contact me to talk about anything!
---------------------
Proud to be myself.

Need a hug? Please take one!

Image Credit: startingover18 (Tumblr)

last updated on 11/11/17

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Ella.x Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Ella

Re: Decision - May 28th 2010, 02:48 PM

Okay, so it's getting to near the end of the school day. I hope you come back on here when you get home and see these comments and see that people here really do care about you. I wont pretend that I know how you're feeling because that's personal to you and no-one else can feel what you feel.

I will however, tell you that I recently tried to kill myself by overdosing and ended up in hospital for a totoal of 5 days (2 in A&E, 3 in a psychiatric hospital). The guy who I'm seeing at the moment and my best friend saw me have 2 seizures. I made them cry because I didn't think about them when I took the overdose. I can see from the thread created to support you that there are so many people who would be hurt very badly if you killed yourself. I urge you to reach out to one person; A parent, a best friends, the samaritans, anyone who you can trust. There are people out there who want to help you, you just need to let them know how badly you are hurting right now.

If you feel as though you are in immediate danger of overdosing, get yourself to the nearest A&E department - they are there to help you. You may feel silly for going before you hurt yourself, but everyone there would rather you came in before you harmed yourself, than after it was too late. Please get help. Take it slowly, a day at a time, an hour at a time, even a minute at a time. You can get through this. We believe in you. We know you can do it. We are here to support and encourage you. We wouldn't be here if we didn't care. Just take another look at this thread - http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f11-d...t-toffekitten/

I don’t know if you’re on any medication, but if you’re not then it would be an idea to talk to your doctor about maybe trying something. If you are already on medication, then stay patient, it often takes a lot of time to find something that works for you – I’ve been on anti-depressants for almost a year and I’m still trying to find the right combination for me. Stay strong hun. One day, it will get better, you won’t feel like this forever. You CAN get through this.

Ella x

Closed Thread