TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

I'm scaring myself - May 28th 2010, 06:24 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I just cut, and now I'm considering ODing. This isn't like me okay? I don't do this crap often. I'm generally pretty happy but lately I just can't shake this depression. And the urges to cut are getting worse.

By OD, I mean just end it. I'm tired of being invisible...I am so SICK of it. I mean NOTHING!!!!

I'm on a lot of meds...so I could do it. Why am I posting? Cause I want to get some sense into my head. Help...I think.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Nina Twin Offline
So It Goes
Average Joe

Name: Marlie Elizabeth

Re: I'm scaring myself - May 28th 2010, 06:55 PM

Please, don't do anything to end your life. You have purpose - you are young and there are things you have yet to do with your life. You may even end up telling your story and how you OVERCAME all these obstacles, and you could inspire people with that story.

I care about you, and I haven't even met you. I genuinely, truly care that you want to end your life and I don't want you to die. So can you imagine how your friends and family feel? They love you and wouldn't ever want you to leave their lives; and even though you feel invisible sometimes, there's still a lot of love. I promise.

Don't give up hope. Suicide is a permanent solution to temporary problems. You are a beautiful person, and there are so many things you have yet to do. There is a strength inside of you, I know, because you asked for help on this website. Please, talk to a school counselor or your parents about how you're feeling. You can get help and you CAN be happy again.

PM me anytime you need someone to talk to. <3

"Life should not be measured by how far we can fall, but how high we can climb."

Send a message via MSN to Nina Twin  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: I'm scaring myself - May 29th 2010, 12:25 AM

Hey there,
Stop for a second. Think about all the people who love and care about you. Think about everything you have ahead of you in life and all the things you want to do! There is so much more life you have to live! Plus, you are a hell of a lot stronger than this depression. And I'm not just saying that. I know you. You've done an AMAZING job fighting it so far! I'm so proud of you and I have no doubt that you won't be able to do it again! Just believe in yourself. For now, just distract yourself. Think of rainbows, sunny days, kittens, anything that makes you happy! Because you will feel better! I know how impossible it may seem, trust me, but it's true. You aren't always going to feel this way, it's only temporary. So please, I know you'll make the right decision. You are such a smart, loving, and amazing girl!
I'm always here for you if you'd like to talk. <3
Alessa

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: I'm scaring myself - May 31st 2010, 11:44 PM

So live for yourself. Since you don't want to be invisible anymore then live for yourself, live so that you can enjoy life not for other people to see you. Live for you, your life is for you to enjoy.

I came here to help out, so if you wanna talk or just need someone to bounce ideas or issues off of or something else then send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
arashkzadeh Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm scaring myself - June 1st 2010, 04:02 AM

What is wrong... I can help you. I have been through a lot in my life and I know what it feels like. Let me know if I can be a friend to you in any way, every life is worth living.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
Do you believe in ghosts?
TeenHelp Addict

Re: I'm scaring myself - June 1st 2010, 08:13 AM

Hey there.

First off, I can assure you that you're not invisible, and you're not nothing. We see you, and we care about you, and I'm sure there's many other people who do too.

If you're having trouble thinking of reasons not to end your life, look here or here.

Is there someone you can talk to about this? We're all here, and we'll help as best we can, but can you talk to someone in real life? A friend, family member, counsellor, anyone? You can get through this depression, and even if you need a little help along the way, that's fine. Just please, stop and think about this before doing anything you might regret. You deserve to be happy, and you deserve to live a long and full life.

Hang in there.

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: I'm scaring myself - June 2nd 2010, 04:47 PM

I have people I can talk to, and I do. But talking doesn't help anymore. I'm trying to get into a psych, but I haven't received any call backs. Bleh. I guess I'll be fine.

Closed Thread