TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
adelina.rose Offline
Not a n00b

Name: adelina rose

suicide pact.. - May 30th 2010, 12:09 PM

i need help! i made this suicide pact with a friend last week. now that its come to it, i dont want to. im happy with life and how things are going. ive tried to talk to her, but her phones off. last night she said she dosent know if she wants to do it anymore. what im scared of, is can i get arrested or anything? im scared that people will blame me and hate me. i have no other way of contacting her. she lives in a different state.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount31

Edit avatar

Re: suicide pact.. - May 30th 2010, 01:38 PM

Hey there. I'm really glad that you don't want to commit suicide anymore. It's good to hear that your life has turned around for the better.

Your friend said she isn't sure she wants to do it anymore. That's good. It means you have a chance to talk her out of it completely. Where this is a pact, I'm assuming you have a date picked out in which this was supposed to be executed. How much time do you have? A week? A few days? A matter of hours? Could you possibly leave a message on her phone that she will pick up later? What about email or Facebook? Do you have her home phone number?

If you absolutely cannot reach her, I think you ought to inform your parents of what is going on. Suicide is a serious matter and you can't afford to keep this a secret if you believe your friend is in danger of killing herself. You may run the risk of being considered an accessory to suicide -- which is a legal offense -- if she is successful or attempts and you have chosen not to say anything. I don't have much knowledge of the law, so I'm not really sure, but there could be consequences.

I wish you and your friend all the best. Take care.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Rpb3 Offline
Rpb3
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: suicide pact.. - May 30th 2010, 06:56 PM

im glad u dont want to die.

it is not illegal to make a suicide until a erson is allowed to die as a result. if ur friend is serious and u cant get ahold of her, u have to report that she is in danger of suicide. if u dont, ur in danger of arrest and will hav to live with the guilt. dont worry about losing her as a friend if it means she survives. she will forgive u when she is better.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: suicide pact.. - May 30th 2010, 07:03 PM

Hey there,

I think that it is absolutely wonderful that you no longer feel suicidal and that you have decided that you want to live. That is absolutely wonderful!
I do think that suicide pacts are very bad ideas and I would suggest that you try to talk to her as soon as you can about this and ask her to talk things through with someone, such as a medical professional.
If you can not get a hold of her, try to contact her parents or one of her relatives. Try not to worry about whether you will be blamed or not, but instead concentrate on trying to talk to your friend about how you're feeling right now. Tell her it can get better.

I hope you and your friend are okay.

Closed Thread