TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

My friends suck im depressed - June 4th 2010, 05:41 AM

I have a terrible group of friends and everything they've done has led me into a depression. They never include me in anything and when I do something with them, they make fun of me or make me leave. Besides that, the rest of my class sucks and i just found out that the girl ive had a crush on for 7 months hates me with a burning passion. My crushes always end up like that. Ive never had a friend who didn't leave me or stab me in the back and ive never been close to having a girlfriend. Every single person I know talks about me behind my back and I seriously think that if i died, nobody would care. my crush would probably be happy, and Ive honestly considered suicide because nobody cares enough to ever talk to me. I hate my life... can anyone help?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
ThePunkAlien Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Josh

Re: My friends suck im depressed - June 4th 2010, 06:01 AM

Hey man, all you can do is hang in there. I know it's not easy. All throughout high school I felt like a ticking time bomb ready to explode. I hated it. I hated life. I had few friends from childhood, but other than that was completely alone. A girl never even talked to me nor knew I existed. I was the epitome of the invisible man.

Today I have great friends, friends with girls, and work at my dream company - Warner Brothers (well internship, but they have my back so much that I can see a job offer around the corner).

Basically what I'm saying is where you are in life right now far from dictates where you'll be years from now. Thus, the forever proverb of just hanging in there. If those years dictated my life - I'd still be in a rut. But, I managed to go from pariah to actually somebody and you can too. All you have to do is hang on dude and in the end, trust me, things'll get better.

Who cares what a girl thinks of you now? In the long run, it's gonna mean nothing. Forget about her, move on. And your friends - if they're really like that, just leave them and see if you can find somebody worthy enough to be your friend. Because friends don't make each other feel this bad about themselves.

Never know what's right around the corner a day or couple years from now - if I went back in time and told myself at your age what I know now, I don't know if I'd believe it - but, things do get better.

"Maybe I just like people. Maybe sexuality isn't one thing or the other. Maybe it's just something that's shifting and moving. I just know I'm not thinking man or woman."
- SHAMELESS.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Sin Offline
*pixie in training*
Not a n00b

Name: Sinead

Re: My friends suck im depressed - June 4th 2010, 04:03 PM

Hey, School sucks for most people. But the good news is your young and u wont be there forever. I was actually one of the popular girls in my class surprise surprise and i was miserable. So its not that great being talked to either. You have so much time ahead of you to make good friends. You just gotta hang in there and things will get better.

I hope u feel better soon
Sinead x

But so many people are looking to me
to be strong and to fight

but i'm just surviving
and I may be weak but I'm never defeated

and I'll keep believing
in clouds with that sweet silver lining

(#4 (permalink)) Old
facade Offline
I've been here a while

Re: My friends suck im depressed - June 5th 2010, 12:10 AM

hey, im in a similar position to you..

my group of friends that i hung out in 7th grade ignored me that entire year.. i felt out of the loop.. 8th grade year, i couldnt take it anymore, and broke it off with them. ALL of them. i made new friends.. and in return that friend helped me get back to my normal happy self. come freshmen year though, i got a bf.. she stopped talking to me. i broke up with m bf in hopes of becoming her friend again.. she continued to ignore me. she became best friends with my ex (the guy that tore us apart) and he got with him! and till today i see them together. so after that friend.. i ignored her and moved on again, to an old best friend of mine. it felt excellent to reconnect.. till she stabbed me in the back about a month ago.. believing something her crush told her. so here i am, without any best friends, and no boyfriend.

so ditch your friends and move on. try not think too much about having a girl. focus on the comfort of your new friends.

i'm learning to cope. sometimes i think im getting better, but sometimes i think im getting worse. we just have to hang in there. because people do care, we just have to realize that.

if you ever want to talk/rant/or just need a friend to distract you or support you.. im here. and im not going to backstab or leave you.. its happened too many times and i know how that feels.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Re: My friends suck im depressed - June 5th 2010, 04:04 PM

i dont know how to send friend requests though

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Steph-O
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Stephanie

Re: My friends suck im depressed - June 7th 2010, 02:59 AM

yea like everybody has said, just hang in there... i personally am going through a bout of being very lonely and I wish I had friends too. You are young though and have plenty of time to find some good friends. I would leave the ones that are ignoring you... by staying with them, that's just disrespecting yourself. You're probably in school, just start talking to some people that seem cool and make new friends. You sound like a nice dude. Don't worry about chicks so much, a lot of them are not really worth your time either. If you do see a girl that you like though, talk to her and confront her, tell ther that you like her. Life is short, don't wait forever just cuz you are afraid to ask somebody out. What can you lose man? Plus I'm sure people will grow to admire your honesty. I know I would.

Like a diet of the mind, I just choose not to indulge certain appetites; like my appetite for patterns; perhaps my appetite to imagine and to dream. - A Beautiful Mind

I met Steven October 3rd, 2008. We've been practically inseperable ever since. ♥
  Send a message via AIM to darkinnocenteyes Send a message via Skype™ to darkinnocenteyes 
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Re: My friends suck im depressed - June 11th 2010, 02:48 AM

Im not afraid to ask girls out. in fact, i couldve got her if I didnt ask her so soon.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread