TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Bishougen Offline
<3
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Helen

I feel worthless - June 4th 2010, 09:45 AM

If you really knew me you'd probably think so too. I'm terrified of being judged, if I try to talk to people I'm worried they'll laugh at how dumb and boring I am. Nobody ever seems to want to talk to me anyway. Sometimes I just want to crawl into a corner and disapear.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: I feel worthless - June 4th 2010, 02:01 PM

I would not feel that way about you at all! It sounds like you may have social anxiety disorder but then again I'm not a doctor. You should go get it checked out because often times depression comes with anxiety and there's lots of way to feel better. Try to come up with a list of positive things about yourself so whenever you start thinking about the negative, you can look to the positive and start to feel better about yourself! Also, believe in yourself. You aren't dumb or boring! Find someone you can relate to with similar interests and I'm sure you'll be laughing in no time. Then you can go with them other places so you won't feel as worried in social situations. If you ever need anything don't hesitate to PM me.
Take care,
Alessa

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Re: I feel worthless - June 4th 2010, 02:53 PM

Dont worry about it, Im the exact same way. Im pretty boring myself. Dont worry about it though. I would go see somebody about it, because shes right, anxiety is a sign of depression.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
I'm sorry you lost.
TeenHelp Addict

Re: I feel worthless - June 5th 2010, 01:58 AM

Hey Helen.
You are not worthless, and you're not boring. You're just a little self-conscious, but that's okay. There are ways to improve your confidence and self-esteem.
First off, it might help to think about what makes you feel like people will laugh at you. Has that happened in the past, for example? What makes you think you're boring?
If you approach situations thinking the worst, then you're limiting yourself. I know it's hard, but try and approach things with an open mind. For example, if you go and talk to someone, don't think, 'They'll just think I'm boring'; try thinking 'I'll talk to them, and it may or may not work out, but who knows? I'll try anyway'.
Also, as Alessa suggested, it's a good idea to go and talk to somebody about this. They can help, if you let them.
All the best.

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
sirjan xerdaj Offline
Pinkly Smooth .
Average Joe

Name: Xerdaj Sirjan

Re: I feel worthless - June 5th 2010, 05:55 AM

Seeing as I am a 'people' I will tell you how we people think.
  1. To be judged you have to judge. We people don't judge for no reason. We may assume but that's not judging your character.
  2. Dumb people are funny. Why do you think you're dumb? Academics? Well we people are dumb academically too.
  3. Boring??? We people get bored of hearing the same things over and over again, we will give you a week of warnings before you confront to how boring you are.

That's an example. Don't take it personally, Telling you to get help is boring to me. Don't try to change because you'll be fake and phony like the gillions of people out there. All you have to do is instead of hide go walk out of the shadows with a really cool theme song and talk to some people. People you think are fun, smart and don't judge... You should join your school band, lol, just kidding. Them kinda people would want to talk to you.

[X E R D A J] ~Sessyrocks~
-=i wanna be your knight=-
  Send a message via AIM to sirjan xerdaj Send a message via MSN to sirjan xerdaj Send a message via Yahoo to sirjan xerdaj Send a message via Skype™ to sirjan xerdaj 
Closed Thread