TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Eyes on Fire-Xx Offline
The doctor's next companion
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Sumi

Question I give up - June 6th 2010, 03:51 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I give up...Every thing I every do only ends up hurting people around me...Iv tried to kill myself befor, but was pulled back by thoughts like ''theyed be unhappy'' or ''id hurt them too much'' but i hurt my friends and annoy my family more by living than it would if i died. im allways sick, like, right now iv got strep throat. im rarely healthy enough to ever have energy to do anything, and when i do my asthma restrains me anyway. even when i try to help everyone by trying to die i hurt them if they find out. i give up, if i die right now, by next year theyll be happier then ever with out me holding them back...
  Send a message via AIM to Eyes on Fire-Xx Send a message via MSN to Eyes on Fire-Xx  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Rawr?
Not a n00b

Name: Molly
Location: In the mooshiest, gooshiest, bloodiest part of your heart <3

Re: I give up - June 6th 2010, 05:20 AM

Please don't give up. I'm sure all your friends love you, or else they wouldn't be your friends. And you're family loves you, you're supposed to annoy them every now and then :P . You've got your whole life ahead of you. I'm really sorry you feel that way. I know how it feels to think everyone hates you. You can talk to me any time I hope this helped. Feel better!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jannel Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jannel

Re: I give up - June 6th 2010, 08:01 AM

Do not give up!

I agree with what was said above.
You would not help anyone out by taking your own life, like you said you'd only be hurting them if you went through with it.
I'm sure that you're family and friends love you, it's normal to annoy them. trust me i do that all the time :3

And you should go to a doctor or a clinic if you're always sick, they should be able to help you out, or give advice to make it a lot more easy.

And im sure this doesn't mean much, but i'm here if you want or need someone to talk to kay? :]

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Eyes on Fire-Xx Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I give up - June 6th 2010, 02:12 PM

thank you... this is the first time people havent goten just mad for me asking for help...i like this site ._.
  Send a message via AIM to Eyes on Fire-Xx Send a message via MSN to Eyes on Fire-Xx  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
sirjan xerdaj Offline
Pinkly Smooth .
Average Joe

Name: Xerdaj Sirjan

Re: I give up - June 6th 2010, 04:53 PM

I'm glad you saw the light! 'Cuz suicide is selfish to your family financially. Besides, no one wants to bury a child.
When you feel better, allergies and asthma shouldn't stop you, you should go wild and breath every scent and watch every detail. Life is pretty sic. *the good kind of sic*

[X E R D A J] ~Sessyrocks~
-=i wanna be your knight=-
  Send a message via AIM to sirjan xerdaj Send a message via MSN to sirjan xerdaj Send a message via Yahoo to sirjan xerdaj Send a message via Skype™ to sirjan xerdaj 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount31

Edit avatar

Re: I give up - June 6th 2010, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumi View Post
thank you... this is the first time people havent goten just mad for me asking for help...i like this site ._.
Yes, this side is definitely very warm and caring. No one is going to yell at you for asking for help. That is what we encourage here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjan xerdaj View Post
I'm glad you saw the light! 'Cuz suicide is selfish to your family financially.
I don't mean to stir up a debate here, but suicide is not an act committed on the grounds of pure selfishness. A person who is contemplating suicide is in great emotional pain and just wants it all to stop. Sometimes, they feel like they are such a burden to others that they are being selfish by just breathing. By dying, they may hope to alleviate the strain that they are putting on their loved ones. Besides, I'm sure financial troubles will be the last thing a family's mind when they have to bury their child.

Sumi, please don't give up. Your family and friends care about you very much. I'm sure they would not like to see you go. Like Jannel said, if you are sick all the time, then you should probably consult a doctor about that.

I hope you feel better! I'm always here if you want to talk. xx

Last edited by DeletedAccount31; June 7th 2010 at 03:37 AM.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Eyes on Fire-Xx Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I give up - June 6th 2010, 10:31 PM

thank you... n_n this site is definantly the best, and most life saving thing iv found from googling suicide...hehe...
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Angeal Offline
Average Joe

Name: Ranada Givens

Re: I give up - June 7th 2010, 06:36 AM

Don't Give Up!NO matter what GOD CAN AND WILL FOREGIVE YOU! All you have to do is to ask him to cleanse your heart of sin. If your saved then you've got a FRIEND that sticks close than a BROTHER. Think if GOD would give his only son JESUS CHRIST who was crucified(died) on the cross, and sufered for our sin, then rose three days later, he can always be there, and will always be there. I've thought of suicide more than once, but in the end I thought that it wasn't worth it. Maybe somebody somwhere in the world need your help, like on this website. If you give up, give in, then you won't be able to help them, and then it could turn into a domino effect, maybe they committ suicide, and then the person that they could have helped committs suicide, and on and on it could go.

DON'T, DON'T, DON'T GIVE UP,

I'M PRAYING FOR YOU

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Eyes on Fire-Xx Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I give up - June 7th 2010, 08:06 PM

Thank you, but its ok, im stable now...well as sable as you can get on the edge of a fence...and Im catholic, iv heard the jesus talk many times...

The strongest oaks
grow in opposing winds
and Diamonds are
made under
Pressure

PM me anytime for anything at all! <3<3<3
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Eyes on Fire-Xx Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I give up - June 7th 2010, 08:07 PM

er, dont mean that to sound bad, my family are very laid back catholics, sorry :x

The strongest oaks
grow in opposing winds
and Diamonds are
made under
Pressure

PM me anytime for anything at all! <3<3<3
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Firesong3 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Nicola

Re: I give up - June 7th 2010, 08:11 PM

Hahaha, don't worry, someone has to give a Jesus talk at some point Glad to hear you're feeling better, PM any of us if you need anything

(#12 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Re: I give up - June 7th 2010, 10:49 PM

I know how you feel. Nobody would be happier if you died, though. It'd only put the people who love you in grieving, and once you're gone you never come back. They'd miss you forever, and you are not holding anyone back, you are hurting them by trying to kill yourself because they care about you and would hate to see you go, they just want to see you feel better.
You could try talking to a Psychiatrist about these feelings, sometimes they can really help. Just someone who will listen and give you advice.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
AmyIsLegit Offline
(:
Average Joe

Name: Amy (:

Re: I give up - June 8th 2010, 12:39 AM

I don't think you realize how many people would be upset if something happened to you, or if you died. I used to feel the same way, but DON'T. People care, even if they tend to not show it very often. Don't think these thoughts. The people that you think you are hurting, love you very much, I'm sure. It's not your fault that you are sick. People care. <3

Second chances; They don't matter.
People never change.
  Send a message via AIM to AmyIsLegit Send a message via MSN to AmyIsLegit Send a message via Yahoo to AmyIsLegit Send a message via Skype™ to AmyIsLegit 
Closed Thread