TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Unhappy Just alot of things. - June 7th 2010, 09:45 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hey, wanted to thank you guys for your advice. It really helped.
I talked to my parents about what was bothering me and it really made me feel alot better. I can forgive and forget and put the past behind me and just move on in the future, and concentrate on the good things instead of the negative, and even though my aunt has cancer I can still stay strong for her and give her the strength to hopefully get well and come out of this okay.
Plus my mom has two interviews, so I may even be able to work with her if she gets a job and puts a good word in for me. I'm okay, I was just having a bad day so I had some bad feelings for myself but everything's fine now, I feel great now and everything's good.

Last edited by WillO'Wisp; June 8th 2010 at 04:22 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: Just alot of things. - June 7th 2010, 11:49 PM

JJ!

You are not useless! You are amazing! You are awesome! You deserve to live a happy life! God put you on this earth to live your life and even though things come up that are rough, the little things that make you happy is what you have to focus on. I understand how hard it can be with financial problems and people sufferring in your family. Trust me, I've been down that road too. But rather than focusing on the negative, try focus more on the positive. Like you said, your mom has an interview. Yay! Be proud of her for getting that far! Your dad has been sober for 2 years! No, things may not be perfect at the moment, but I bet they are a lot better then they used to be. You've been free of SH and depression for years! That's a HUGE deal! I think you don't realize how big of an accomplishment that is! And this just shows that you did it once, and you can do it again! I know you can! Believe in yourself as a person. You don't need to live up to other people's expectations, it's not worth it.

Does your dad know how you feel when he talks about this guy? I know sometimes what happens to me is when I'm angry at my parents, I think they immediately know they did something wrong and are just ignoring. But later when I talk to them about it, they had no idea how I felt. So you can tell your dad beforehand how it feels to you when he talks about him. You're right, he has no right to judge. So don't listen to him when he says that kind of stuff. Let it go in one ear and out the other. That kind of stuff doesn't matter to you.

What about rather then trying to publish your writing, enter it into a contest? That way, it's a step up from where you are right now and you usually don't have to pay or pay very little for entry. Everyone has a purpose in life, you just have to find it. I know you will too, it just takes time. If it upsets you that you've never had a job, get out there and look for one! If you need a step in between first, try volunteering. That's how I got started. It's a lot of fun, very rewarding, and great experience. Don't worry about the past, it's over with now, it doesn't matter. Live your life in the present moment. Focus on the great things in life. And most of all, don't let anyone, even yourself, tell you you are useless. I'm always here to talk. <3

Stay strong,
Alessa

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DarkSeph Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Liam

Re: Just alot of things. - June 8th 2010, 12:11 AM

Really sorry things have been so tough for you. Your ex sounds awful, but it's good that you're free of him now. Parents can be really strange when it comes to things like that =/ They might like a partner who is awful and hate one who is nice. Try to pay no attention, hopefully he should fade from your dads mind eventually.

You are not useless either and you really don't deserve this, you deserve to be happy. You sound like a really nice person. Fighting off depression and SH is a huge achievement too and you should be proud of that. I can kind of understand how you feel, I'm 23 and have no job either and it can be really depressing, but things definitely can get better and you will go somewhere one day, you can never predict what the future holds. Writing books sounds awesome too, what kind of books do you write?

Anyway, really hope things get better for you. And if you ever need someone to talk to feel free to pm anytime

Currently inactive...
  Send a message via MSN to DarkSeph  
Closed Thread