TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
hellomynameis Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Mimi

>.< - June 8th 2010, 03:02 AM

So,I'm not a very depressed kind of person.
In real life, I'm always smiling and laughing and I'm friends with a lot of people.
But I have had long phases where I'm just sad..
But lately, it's really eating away at me.
When I look at myself, I see ugly.
Hideous.
And I want to rip my face apart.
I get jealous of every girl I see.
And a lot of girls make me cry, because they're so beautiful and I'm not.
And I'm horrible for being like this.
But I can't help it.
I really love this boy, and he says he loves me too, and I want to believe him but there is so much going on I dunno how to start.
And lately I've just been falling, slipping into a hole I don't want to crash hit the bottom of.

...I just really...dunno what to do.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: >.< - June 8th 2010, 08:04 AM

hey,

i understand that you think that you are inadequate. But remember.. that is just what you think =) i think that there is a lot of ways to perceive beauty. What is beautiful to someone else might just be normal to another person. So i think that clearly, there will be people out there who will perceive you as beautiful and all. And i think you're definitely beautiful inside... don't lose faith in yourself. =)

remember, you can always tell us in case you have any rants or insecurities you have to tell someone. And remember.. you're a wonderful, wonderful person. And under no circumstances that is to be forgotten. You are DEFINITELY beautiful in your own way, an d no one, nothing can change that.

You can always tell us anything =)

caring always.

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: >.< - June 8th 2010, 09:11 AM

Hey,

I can definitely relate to your problems with self esteem. I know how hard it can be, how easy it is to compare yourself to other girls, to feel so depressed because you feel you'll never really be beautiful. But the truth is that you're too beautiful to compare to anyone. We've all been created the way we are for a reason, and we're all unique. There is no one definition of beauty, and if there were, none of us would meet it, because we are all different.

Truthfully, beauty isn't everything. I used to think that if I could be beautiful, then the whole would would be better for me, and life would be much easier. But the only time that life truly becomes easier, is when you learn to have confidence in yourself, regardless of what you look like.

You could be the most beautiful girl in the world, and still be insecure. In fact, most of the time, the people who are truly beautiful are the ones who doubt their beauty. Beauty really has nothing to do with insecurity. Just because your beautiful doesn't mean you won't face insecurity. I think we all do at sometime in our lives, regardless of what we look like.

You need to learn to be more confident in yourself. You can't change the way you look, but you can change your perspective. Beauty isn't everything, and someone out there in the wayyyy tooo huge world is going to think that you are gorgeous, regardless of how you see yourself.

Take time to compliment yourself throughout the day. Stop yourself when you start to insult or put yourself down. Correct yourself with a compliment whenever you catch yourself. Realize, too, that you are much more than beautiful on the outside; you are beautiful inside as well. You have a personality all of your own; you're unique. There's no one else in the world quite like you. That should make you feel really special. Value yourself, you deserve to be treated with respect. Don't let yourself convince you otherwise.

I'm always here if you want to talk. You are beautiful!

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

Closed Thread