TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
*Rainbow*Rider* Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: H

Triggered to holy hell - June 14th 2010, 11:52 AM

So, I've been through a lot. A lot of issues. A lot of crazyness.

These days I tend to be okay. I've learnt a million of coping mechanisms. Ways to get through the day. Things that make me smile. But given something that happened in chat earlier (What happened is not important, its been reported and everything is fine now) I've been triggered to hell.

I've already been sick since it started, and I just feel...I haven't felt this vulnerable for ages. It feels like someone's ripped my heart open and spat on it.

How do I fight this? I'm normally so strong. I'm shaking, my stomach feels like it's been ripped through my throat. I'm covered in goosebumps. I just want to curl up and die

I hate this.

If the world is a cold place
Make it your business to start some fires

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Rain~ Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Danni

Re: Triggered to holy hell - June 14th 2010, 12:19 PM

Just calm yourself down and breathe okay? Go and lie down if you need to or drink some water or something. If you're feeling cold put on some warm clothes, or just go and have a bath to relax yourself. It's good that you reported it though if it's made you feel this way
PM me if you need to Take care

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Em... Offline
smile; it looks good on you.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: E

Re: Triggered to holy hell - June 14th 2010, 02:46 PM

Hey Hannah,

I'm sorry that you were triggered by something said in chat, but the best part is that it has been reported and taken care of so perhaps that can give you a bit of comfort.

Really the best thing to do is just try to relax. What happened in chat is said and done and you can't go back in time and stop it from happening, so the next best thing is to try to move on from it. As the post above me suggests, you should just try to get your mind off of things. Take a long shower and listen to music, or go for a walk and focus on the sounds of nature. I know this must sound lame, but really that's all you can do is try to relax.

If you find that you really can't relax with what has happened perhaps you could try writing it down in a journal or on the blog here on TH. Sometimes getting it out can help put to rest a lot of these depressed feelings with what has happened.

What you could also do it write on a piece of paper and then rip it up and throw it away and imagine that all your feelings that you've written down are being ripped away too, and maybe that could provide you with a sense of satisfaction and help you feel a bit better about everything that is going on.

Or perhaps just distract yourself and surround yourself with positive people places and things. Sometimes reading givesmehope.com brightens up my day so perhaps give that a try as well.

I know that being triggered and hurt a lot depending on what it is. And you've said yourself that you know loads of coping techniques to get you through the day and to help you smile. Reach in your mind and pull those out again because now using them counts.

Hannah, I have full faith in you. And this is just another test of life. You'll make it through I have no doubt about it. Please stay strong and if you want to talk I'm just a PM away. Take care love.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Re: Triggered to holy hell - June 14th 2010, 03:11 PM

Hey, its all right. Just take some time to relax. Im sorry about what happened in the chatroom. dont listen to the jackass who said whatever they said, your better than them. If your stomach feels like it will split open, though, I'd see a doctor. I'm really sorry about the way your feeling, but you can make it through this.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
DarkSeph Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Liam

Re: Triggered to holy hell - June 14th 2010, 03:21 PM

Really sorry to hear you got triggered like that and glad to hear it's been reported. As you said yourself you've got through so much and come this far. That's because you are strong, even now. There's nothing weak about feeling hurt or upset and you can get through this, but remember you aren't alone. Don't be afraid to ask for support or talk to a friend about anything on your mind or stressing you. It could be possible that things built up a little too much and you got pushed too far and it overwhelmed you, which can happen when trying to cope with a lot.
Really hope you'll be ok and if you need anyone to talk to just pm.

Currently inactive...
  Send a message via MSN to DarkSeph  
Closed Thread