TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
FlowerKiss Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Joy

so easy... - June 18th 2010, 03:59 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I been out of the closet with my parents for a few months, it has not work sense than. My parents treat me like a alien, no one is supporting me because I can't see my girlfriend at all. I was thinking at work on how easy it is just to end it all
  Send a message via AIM to FlowerKiss  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Re: so easy... - June 18th 2010, 04:58 AM

Dont worry about your parents. They can't tell you who to be, and it matters if you respect yourself. I also helped you on your other thread, so make sure to read it

Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
mIssIng:nO Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: so easy... - June 18th 2010, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerKiss View Post
I been out of the closet with my parents for a few months, it has not work sense than. My parents treat me like a alien, no one is supporting me because I can't see my girlfriend at all. I was thinking at work on how easy it is just to end it all

Heyy, I understand how you feel.

It was really hard on me obviously, but you also have to think have how it is for your parents, they've gone threw 19 years of raising you, and unless you gave them reasons, theres no reason to suspect anything, so when you come out, its a huge huge shock to them, so you gotta understand that while you have to adapt to the fact that they know, you also have to know that they're adapting to it to, and its a bigger change for them then it is for you.

Its going to be hard, and it may take some time for it to work out, but be confident and know that they just want whats best for you, and will support you, its just difficult for them, because if they act to differently around you, they may think you'll get upset. In reality, they are just doing the best they can to be supportive with out going overboard.

PS, is it them who won't let you see your girlfriend? pretty much disregard what i just wrote if its true.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DarkSeph Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Liam

Re: so easy... - June 18th 2010, 08:45 PM

Just hang in there. Eventually they might give in and let you see your gf if you keep trying enough or are insistent enough that it isn't a phase. They're your parents, and as ridiculous as they're being now, deep down they must care at least a tiny bit. Try to make them see your way and don't give in.

Also soon you'll be pretty much old enough that they legally can't do anything to stop you anyway. Don't let the opinions of others get you down. Stick to what you want and believe in and don't give in. She's your gf, you love her and it's who you are and that wont change, be proud of it. You had the courage to come out, you can get through this too. Best of luck.

Currently inactive...
  Send a message via MSN to DarkSeph  
Closed Thread