TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AlabamaForever Offline
MissKayla
Welcome me, I'm new!

Depression? - June 20th 2010, 03:23 AM

If you have been diagnosed with depression, do u feel like u have 2 different personalitys? Also can u ever be cured of depression, and how will u know when u are cured.. Also has anyone else hit an all time low in there depression?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Em... Offline
smile; it looks good on you.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: E

Re: Depression? - June 20th 2010, 03:37 AM

Hey,
I've been diagnosed with Major/Severe depression. I'll admit that sometimes I feel like I have two different personalities. In face I know many people with depression have this feeling. I have this front this psuedo personality that everyone sees: this happy girl who isn't so lame with life. Then when I'm not in public I put that front down and the real me comes out: the girl who is sad and can't handle what life has to offer.

I don't think you could ever be "cured", you can be treated but I think with most people who are diagnosed with depression, have the depression episodes off and on throughout the rest of their life, and medication sometiems does have to be induced.

My all time low with my depression was about a year ago, in July I attempted to kill myself by overdosing. It was pretty bad spent most of the morning upchucking, but what made it worse was that my mum just assumed I was pregnant, and that didn't help at all.

If you feel as though you have depression I would really encourage you to talk to your doctor about it.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Re: Depression? - June 20th 2010, 04:02 AM

OH YEAH. MY LIFE TOTALLY SUCKS RIGHT NOW. Hell, the reason Im still alive is because I dont think it can get any worse. Its gotten slightly better lately, though.

Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount31

Edit avatar

Re: Depression? - June 20th 2010, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmiLeigh View Post
Hey,
I've been diagnosed with Major/Severe depression. I'll admit that sometimes I feel like I have two different personalities. In face I know many people with depression have this feeling. I have this front this psuedo personality that everyone sees: this happy girl who isn't so lame with life. Then when I'm not in public I put that front down and the real me comes out: the girl who is sad and can't handle what life has to offer.
I agree. Also, sometimes I feel like I have two different personalities trapped within myself, if that even makes sense. This doesn't include the facade I put on for people in public.

I feel like there's an optimistic and a pessimistic side of me, like having an angel on one shoulder and the devil on the other. They are constantly bickering and debating about who I really am. The angelic side says that I'm a good person who has made some mistakes in her life, while the demonic one says that I am a horrible person who has no place in this world. It can be extremely confusing, and I'm often not sure which side to believe. Sometimes one shows itself more than the other -- my angelic side on my good days and my demonic on my bad.

Like Emily said, I don't believe depression can be "cured," but it can definitely be managed and you can live a happy, fulfilling life like you were intended to.

I guess you could say I'm at my all-time low right now. I'm struggling with self-harm but am seeing a therapist. I'm getting used to talking about my problems, as opposed to keeping them bottled up inside. So that's all good news. Therapy is definitely helping me. I really encourage you to talk to your doctor more about your depression.

Take care! xx

Last edited by DeletedAccount31; June 20th 2010 at 08:24 AM.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Caleb Offline
Conqueror Worm
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Seth

Re: Depression? - June 20th 2010, 07:59 AM

I don't think you can ever be "cured". You're never gonna be happy forever, you are going to have bad days (or weeks). But always remember it is not permanent.
And my worst time would be my first "episode". I don't even remember it, I've just blocked it all out. All I really remember is feeling so dead inside... And being on auto pilot.

Closed Thread