TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Open Letter to Those Depressed / Suicidal - June 21st 2010, 03:55 AM

Hey there. Perhaps some of you know me, have seen my posts around different areas. I just wanted to share some thoughts with you here,I don't meant to offend anyone should anyone become offended please know it was not an intended. And please note I am just here to talk to you, so whatever religion you follow please just read forward if you are interested, its not about religion, its about how i feel towards helping many of you and here I go.

So my name is Jackson. And I went through a tough time and after that time i just wanted to help people. I got help, I mean I got it from God. Now for me, I just try and have faith as much as I can. I'm not a fighter, physically I am weak and a short guy. After I went through my ordeal I just wanted to stay alive for one reason to be good and to experience life in all its fullness. But this is a frustrating thing to do cause sometimes some problems just come to you when you haven't even asked for them.

Sometimes for me I am overwhelmed and I just give up. And sometimes these problems just "Double up on their own accord". Meaning they just grow by themselves. And sometimes I just give up in my heart but I get some help here and there.

For you guys, I really try and help here on Teen Help. Sometimes I come with my own problems and ask for help, which has not happened much, but mostly I come here with the sole intention to help you guys out. At first I always came here to the depression thread and try to help you guys out as much as it was possible for me. But recently I have faded away from here. It has been long truly. And the reason is that I don't know what to tell you guys. Some things are just beyond your hands and I don't have even anything to say. For me when I am overwhelmed, I get help from someone else. But for you guys, I just don't know what to tell you. . Some problems you go through just have no answers, and sometimes you may not want to hear of something probably because you say it didn't work for you. But man, I just find it hard on how to help you when there is almost nothing I can say. Sometimes what I say here just won't help your sorrowful and troubled hearts. And I end up going to other forum sections where I can help.

I just wanted to let you guys know that I really try and help you out. But sometimes and recently always, human help is just no help and of no use at all. Some times there is just nothing I can say to relieve you guys of the pain you go through. I try, i really try, but of late the the only thing that gets me through, you say doesn't help you.

I just wanted to tell you guys this, all of you whom I have ever responded to and appreciated my posts, thanks.

I came here to help out, so if you wanna talk or just need someone to bounce ideas or issues off of or something else then send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: Open Letter to Those Depressed / Suicidal - June 21st 2010, 04:29 AM

Hey Jackson,

I understand how you are feeling. Sometimes it's really hard to help people who are depressed. It's not that your advice isn't good enough or even that you don't know what to say; it's just that sometimes depression people need a lot more than someone on an internet forum can give them. When you're depressed, it doesn't take a few insightful words from different users to cure your depression. It would be awesome if it did, but unfortunately that doesn't work.

But I'm a firm believer that hope is made up of the small moments; the moments someone offered us support, or so much as smiled at us. And even if someone might not remember the advice you gave them in a month from now, it still serves as a piece of hope that you have handed them, whether they are aware of that or not.

If someone comes to TH looking for a cure to their depression, none of our replies will help them. That's not your fault. But when you take the time to give advice to others, it really is appreciated. Trust me, I know, I've been there. Every little bit counts.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: Open Letter to Those Depressed / Suicidal - June 21st 2010, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
Hey Jackson,

I understand how you are feeling. Sometimes it's really hard to help people who are depressed. It's not that your advice isn't good enough or even that you don't know what to say; it's just that sometimes depression people need a lot more than someone on an internet forum can give them. When you're depressed, it doesn't take a few insightful words from different users to cure your depression. It would be awesome if it did, but unfortunately that doesn't work.

But I'm a firm believer that hope is made up of the small moments; the moments someone offered us support, or so much as smiled at us. And even if someone might not remember the advice you gave them in a month from now, it still serves as a piece of hope that you have handed them, whether they are aware of that or not.

If someone comes to TH looking for a cure to their depression, none of our replies will help them. That's not your fault. But when you take the time to give advice to others, it really is appreciated. Trust me, I know, I've been there. Every little bit counts.
Thank You Amanda, thank you.

I came here to help out, so if you wanna talk or just need someone to bounce ideas or issues off of or something else then send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Obliviate Offline
Mother of Dragons
I've been here a while

Re: Open Letter to Those Depressed / Suicidal - June 21st 2010, 09:41 PM

I think admitting to myself that i am depressed, makes me feel more depressed... Merr

Closed Thread