TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Pele Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Red face Want out - June 22nd 2010, 12:11 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I cant take it anymore. I fucked up my life without even starting it. And I told my teacher that I was having suicidal thoughts. Now, he thinks I'm stupid, he even said " that such a smart girl, capable of anything, it's the stupidest thing I've heard you say all year".

I want out simple as that. Im very thankful for all the advice everyone has given me aswell as the advice from the counsellors at kids helpline. I've tried to distract myself with what ever I can but its no use. I just cant take it anymore.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Thanantos Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kirk

Re: Want out - June 22nd 2010, 01:17 PM

Hey,
I know that life can be hard sometimes and that people in life can be dicks but you have to think of things that make you happy that you like maybe listen to that favorite band? Or take a walk to your favorite place? You know i once thought that suicide was going to fix everything but really in the end it's going to do more damage then good. Think about your pets(if you have any) They will miss you think about your friend they sure in the hell will miss you.

You just can't say that suicide is a option because it's NEVER a option. You really need to figure out what's going on in your life and what you need to do to make it better. It's not us that need to figure it out it's you. BUT if you'd like more support give me a message i'll be sure to help you <3
  Send a message via MSN to Thanantos  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount7

Edit avatar

Re: Want out - June 22nd 2010, 01:45 PM

I think what your teacher meant in saying that is that you're too good to be wasted. It sounds like he thinks you're great and smart, and thats a brilliant thing! Something to be proud of! I think you need to sit back and think of the things you'll miss if you leave now. Make a list of things you've wanted to do - like travel, or go to college, or learn something new....there's a lot of things ahead of you, just don't give up yet

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DarkSeph Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Liam

Re: Want out - June 22nd 2010, 04:44 PM

Sounds like your teacher just worded it really badly ^^ What he probably meant was you're smart, intelligent and capable and he believes you could go really far in life. He probably just said the other part without realizing how serious you actually were, like trying to snap you out of it. It was definitely rude and uncalled for, but honestly if he really thought you were stupid he wouldn't tell you that you're a smart girl and capable of anything.

And I'm certain you are capable of anything. Be proud of who you are and hang in there

Currently inactive...
  Send a message via MSN to DarkSeph  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount31

Edit avatar

Re: Want out - June 22nd 2010, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-am-not-a-robot View Post
I think what your teacher meant in saying that is that you're too good to be wasted. It sounds like he thinks you're great and smart, and thats a brilliant thing! Something to be proud of! I think you need to sit back and think of the things you'll miss if you leave now. Make a list of things you've wanted to do - like travel, or go to college, or learn something new....there's a lot of things ahead of you, just don't give up yet
This is probably true, but it seems he expressed these feelings in a very hurtful way, that implies that suicidal thinking is something to be ashamed of. It is not.

It is terrifying to confide in someone about having suicidal thoughts, and to have someone react so unsympathetically is no doubt mortifying. I'm sorry he reacted that way, Pele. Please do not let this one negative response discourage you from continuing to seek further help. You will find someone who'll take you seriously and who wants to help you. You just need to keep trying.

It is very important you tell someone you are suicidal. Things can get better with the right support.

Take care and be safe! xx

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Pele Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Want out - June 22nd 2010, 11:50 PM

Im not great, my friends use and leave me, . If I'm so smart then why am I failing? Im failing physics, Maths B and English, all which I need to pass in order to get into uni and in to the air force. Plus they'll reject my wings if they find out that I've been depressed or had suicidal thoughts and feelings. So any way I see it Im screwed.

And as for going to my favourite place I cant 1- because my dad burnt it down and 2- because my mum demands that I go everywhere with her.

I know that I'll be leaving thing behind and have no future. but I dont see any way around it?

I've tried talking but its not working, its only making things a lot worse, then if I hadnt actually said anything to begin with.

I've already made a pros and cons lists for attempting suicide, and at the moment the pros are just longer than the cons. But as much as I want to do it I dont think that I'm strong enough to actually go through with it.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount31

Edit avatar

Re: Want out - June 23rd 2010, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pele View Post
If I'm so smart then why am I failing?
Letter grades are not always an accurate portrayal of your overall intelligence. Rather, they are merely a reflection of your performance in school. If you are feeling depressed at the moment, you may be finding it difficult to concentrate on your schoolwork, thus explaining why your grades are perhaps not as good as they could be. It certainly doesn't mean you are stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pele View Post
I've tried talking but its not working, its only making things a lot worse, then if I hadnt actually said anything to begin with.
May I ask why you think this? Talking can be really helpful once you've found the right person, at least in my experience.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sabah

Re: Want out - June 23rd 2010, 10:58 AM

hey hang in there hun.. suicide is a strong thing to think about.. i've been there and done it and you know even when we think that its the only way out it's not, at that very moment in time when you are seconds away from dying a thousand things go through your mind and you realise that suicide isn't the anwer..
ive been so shit in school recently, im supposed to be an A* student and at the moment im on C's and B's, not one A forget A*.. i was feeling exactly the way you was a few months back and i thought to myself that this is my life no one elses and why is it going so downhill..so i started to try and pull myself together, with the help of my councellor, ive managed to get my sttendance at school sorted and oulled most of my grades up to B's sum A's and even A* on my coursework,, i feel so proud of myself and i know that you can do it too... just give it tym and you will feel better, try to think positive and try not to think about suicide at all though i know you feel its the only way out.. remember suicide is not an option, its a choice and ts your choice to make..

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Caleb Offline
Conqueror Worm
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Seth

Re: Want out - June 25th 2010, 02:38 AM

Don't give up your whole future because of a temporary situation.
Life doesn't end because you fail some courses. You always have options.
Try not to focus on the bad things in your life. Find something good to think about, or to look forward to.
And talk to someone. You don't have to tell them your deepest secrets. But it always feels better to talk to someone, even if all you say is you don't feel well.

"Although I am blameless, I have no concern for myself; I despise my
own life."

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Tennessee_Chik Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Want out - June 25th 2010, 03:21 AM

i agree with the GREAT things y'all are all saying. when your mind is so heavily distracted with depression and sadness you cant focus near as well. i went through that too and got to hear crap from every teacher who watched me as a gradually fell harder and harder. i thought i had reached my end until i tried it. i thought no one cared. i thought no one would give a damn if i was gone...but when i was found i saw the horror in peoples' faces and the confusion as to why in the world i would ever choose to do something like that and the pain they felt because they couldnt help. the ones who matter are the ones who'll always be there. your friends use you and leave you? well they arent friends dear. they're undeserving of what you have to offer. keep searching and open your eyes wider. there are people who care. ppl on here for instance. we care... and we would be completely heartbroken to find you went throught with this and succeeded. suicide isnt an option and its not the answer. it destroys those around you. and it leaves them with a scar that will never fade...

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Prof.Engrish Offline
愛してる
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Want out - June 25th 2010, 06:13 AM

Hey, Pele

I can't really help you if you dont post why you went suicidal in the first place, but i'll try my best to help with what you have now.

First off, telling a teacher is something that i dont think is a wise choice, one of my friends did that and as a result the teacher was afraid that he was dangerous so they sent him to a psych hospital.

But know that sucide is a permanent solution to a tempoary problem. It may seem this is the best right now, but how would you find out if your life got any better. and think of all the people you would hurt, how much pain you would cause your parents and friends, for once, your parents would probably live for the rest of there lives thiking that this was there fault, that they couldnt provide a happier life for you.

well if post more i would be able to help you more, if you do feel free to PM me

"This is 10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Concentrated Power of Will, 5% Pleasure, 15% Pain; And a 100% reason to remember the name!"
Buddy/Live Help Operator/Technology and Gaming & Current Event and Debates Forum Moderator
PM/VM
  Send a message via AIM to Prof.Engrish  
Closed Thread