TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Joyce

Should I go? - June 22nd 2010, 11:03 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I don't know what to do. I'm not sure what to think. I want this to be over but I don't want to be the cause of other deaths. I'm confused and scared. I'm not even sure if I wantto die. I don't think the part of me that wants to live will ever let me go. Can someone help? I'm tempted to bike the 10 miles to the place I found on Sunday. The place I think might just be able to work. Help?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
hope begins Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Hannah

Re: Should I go? - June 23rd 2010, 12:38 AM

Hey, I'm sorry you're feeling so low at the moment. I'm new, so apologies that I have no idea about your situation, but I just wanted to reply to this to let you know that someone understands and you're not alone.

I understand that when you're in so much pain suicide can seem like the only option but I'm really glad there's a part of you that wants to live, and realises the impact it would have on others. Try to hold onto that part as much as you can. I think, it sounds like you're really desperate just now so it would be a good idea to reach out for help ASAP. Is there a friend or family member you could turn to, or do you have any professional help? You can always call a helpline / suicide hotline, which would give you someone to talk to so you're not struggling with these feelings on your own.

I know it probably seems like things can't get better, but they really can. I've felt utterly desperate and genuinely thought it would be best if I killed myself but now, I'm just so grateful that I'm alive. Things change all the time, and although that probably sounds patronising, it's true. You won't feel like this forever. Do you know what's causing these feelings at the moment, what's going on in your life to make you feel so hopeless? If you do, try to make a list of possible solutions (it might help to talk them through with someone or post here to get another perspective), but even if you don't know, that's okay. It doesn't mean nothing can change.

Please take care of yourself, you can get through this. I'm here if you need someone. Be safe.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Purple♥Sky Offline
Where have I been...
Average Joe

Name: Jane

Re: Should I go? - June 23rd 2010, 02:53 AM

You just have to listen to that part of you that wants to keep on living. I know in the night, it seems like the day light will never come. Just try to watch a happy movie and fill your self with positive thoughts. Thats what I'm doing right now.

You are so young, and I KNOW you can get better. But I think you might just need some help, see a tharapist or psycologist. We all just want what's best for you.
It would be such a shame seeing a young and beautiful person like you go.
I know you can get better.

When it comes down to it...You just gotta know who you are...and be ok with that.
I'm here to help...anytime.
And I just want some help in return.
I love you all.

Love,
Jane

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DarkSeph Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Liam

Re: Should I go? - June 23rd 2010, 04:03 AM

If you honestly wanted to die, would you be on here asking for help? I know things must be extremely difficult at the moment, but they can definitely get better and you can be happy someday like you deserve to be, just try and hang in there and stay strong. There are a lot more options available than you might think, and asking for help is the main one. Talking to a friend, family member or even a professional, about what's on your mind could really help a lot. If you ever need anyone to talk to feel free to PM anytime too

Currently inactive...
  Send a message via MSN to DarkSeph  
Closed Thread