TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DrowningStar Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Khaila

Unhappy No One Cares. - June 25th 2010, 06:13 PM

I'm sorry if I'm being a nuisance.

I've been depressed pretty much ever since Summer vacation began and no one even notices. I've practically cried myself to sleep for the past 3 nights. I Don't even know why I'm depressed or why I'm even posting this :/
I used to Love writing and drawing, but now I feel like for everything I try to do, someone will always be there to outshine me.
Sometimes I feel like I have no friends; I try making friends on Twitter, but no one really seems to notice me :/
I just pretty much hate myself and my life.

♥uʍop ǝpısdn plɹoʍ ʎɯ uɹnʇ noy
  Send a message via Skype™ to DrowningStar 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Anonymous. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: No One Cares. - June 25th 2010, 06:23 PM

Hey there. I feel the same way as I don't have anything to do myself. Why don't you just try writing or drawing just to write or draw. At least it will keep you busy. Don't compare yourself to others and just do what you enjoy. It'll actually help you to feel better. Try writing in a journal or have a drawing journal where you can do something everyday if you'd like. Pretty soon, summer will be over before you know it.

Feel free to PM me if you want to talk.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jesus paid it ALL.
I've been here a while

Name: Emily

Re: No One Cares. - June 25th 2010, 06:26 PM

It could be because it is summer vacation and you just have so much time on your hands.

Have you tried talking about your depression? sometimes that can help.

As for the writing and drawing, try to not compare yourself to any one just do it for fun and do not worry about what others may or may not think.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
hope begins Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Hannah

Re: No One Cares. - June 25th 2010, 10:12 PM

Hey sweetheart, I'm sorry you're feeling so bad at the moment. Do you have any idea why you're feeling so low at the moment? Do you think it could be the fact that it's vacation and you have less to fill your time? I know when I'm on holiday it's really easy for me to start feeling down and even though it doesn't seem like a 'big deal' to some, it's really really important to try to get control of it while you can; my last depressive episode started when I had too much time on my hands over the summer and then I couldn't get past it and ended up being hospitalised, not fun!

So no, you're not being a nuisance at all - how you feel is important! And we're here for you. I'm sorry you feel like no-one notices or cares, it's awful to feel so isolated. I think sometimes people just don't know what to say or they think you're just being bored or moody or maybe they're too wrapped up with their own stuff. But it doesn't mean they don't care - they're not mindreaders but if you tried to talk to them you might find them more sympathetic than you expect. Is there anyone you could talk to; maybe parents, other family members, friends? Even if you just keep talking here it might help a little. It might not be something you want to do just now but if this goes on too long and you can't pull yourself out of it, you might consider talking to your doctor.

I'm sorry you feel like you don't have friends. I know that's tough.. is there anyone from school or whatever you could get in touch with? How about seeing if there's anything going on in your area over the summer that you could get involved with? Sometimes libraries have information about that kind of thing.. You could maybe think of taking up a new hobby, something you haven't tried before or something you enjoy.. it gives you something to do and it's a good way of meeting people. You could think about doing some voluntary work or something as well.. I've really found that helpful.

Do try to keep busy, I know it isn't easy when you're down and nothing seems fun anymore, but keep trying. Make an effort to get out of the house, go for a walk, make a list of books to read if you enjoy reading, films to watch, whatever. I know it's tough but I would keep working on writing and drawing. It doesn't matter what anyone else does just focus on doing the best you can and mostly just focus on enjoying it! I find it hard too, because I feel like I'm terrible at everything compared to other people.. but I met this woman in hospital.. and I learned a lot from her. She was pretty amazing, she was ill, yes, but she still enjoyed life and she was willing to have a go at everything.. and even though she wasn't 'good' at a lot of things, she did them anyway and enjoyed them. We played badminton and sat in the dining room and did drawings and the point wasn't to be 'good at it' it was just to have fun, more like you did when you were a child! And I thought, I want to be like that.

Wow, sorry I'm really rambling! But I just want to say that I know you'll get through this, please try to take care of yourself.. I'm always always here if you need someone to talk to!

Closed Thread