TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
weka Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Going nowhere - June 29th 2010, 10:26 PM

I feel as if my life is going no where. I am a web developer working at an office cubicle. I just finished High school (i am 17) and I am going to a community college while my friends are going to awesome colleges. this makes me feel untalented... I RARELY get to see my friends and if i do...its just for a short time (they live an hour away). I would totally go see them at least once a week but I do not drive. they drive but i guess they other plans.

I see myself spending the rest of my life alone and bored. It's summer right now, right? Well my friends are busy with their lives and I am stuck at home because my friends and I do not have plans. I go to work from 12-4pm and the rest I am sitting at home... bored. My relationship with my siblings is going awry and my parents think I'm just normal.

My close friends (I have two; they are girls)... from school. Before high school ended, we emailed each other almost every day because we have school-issued laptops. Now that they can talk to me on Facebook... they don't. I barely even talk to my close friends anymore because i feel that they don't want to talk

I have not started self-harming but I really want to.... just because I need someone to talk to. i think i am ugly. especially my skinny arms! i am not an anorexic but i have skinny arms that i do not wish to see... and thse pimples and zits are not helping either...
Please help!

thankyou

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Rain~ Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Danni

Re: Going nowhere - June 30th 2010, 08:59 AM

Hi, it sounds like you're going through a bit of a hard time right now. I know how you feel. All my friends live about an hour away because my school is so far away, and I live in the middle of nowhere so there aren't many people around to make friends with.

What you said about college, that doesn't mean that you're not talented, you're doing what you want in that college aren't you?

Make plans with your friends, I'm sure they would be happy to hear from you! People do get absorbed in their lives, but it's usually the same routine of doing the same things, they would probably be happy to hear from you and make an arrangement to meet up and get them out of their same routines And since it is summer there's probably a lot you could do for a day.

Perhaps you could get a train to where they live and stay there at the weekend or something so you can see them for longer. Or you could invite them over.

Why not try phoning your close friends instead of relying on facebook to catch up on things, and then start emailing them again like you used to if you can't meet up with them. I'm sure they do want to talk to you.

Make friends with people who live near you, it would be so much easier to go out and have fun when they live in your area, rather than being an hour away.

But please don't start self harming. If you need help then get help, but don't take it out on yourself like that. It took me a while to stop because it gets addictive, and then you have scars afterwards. Please don't start doing it.

There's a thread on here about who you can get help from:

http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f11-d...o-can-help-me/

Consider it because talking to someone about it all helps you more than self harming does.

If you need anything don't hesitate to PM me
Take care x

(#3 (permalink)) Old
ChelseaSmile Offline
They Were Wrong
Average Joe

Name: Chelsea

Re: Going nowhere - June 30th 2010, 10:16 AM

Don't self harm.
Thats never the answer.
Now that I look at the scars on my ankles from the cuts, I realize how silly it all was.
You can be strong and get through it.

Make new friends at your community college, or maybe some neighbors.
Try visiting or spending time with your siblings more often and try to fix things.

Live life with no regrets, and I know that isn't too terribly original but its true(:

It will be okay.
You'll be okay.
-Bryri
  Send a message via Skype™ to ChelseaSmile 
Closed Thread