TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Eyes on Fire-Xx Offline
The doctor's next companion
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Sumi

Telling my parents...? - July 2nd 2010, 08:01 PM

well, Im pretty sure i have depresion...Im suicidal, iv tried 7 times and i SH twice a week if im in a good mood....so i realy need to tell my parents so i can get meds....but i dont have the faintest idea how to do it. my mom, even tho she has depresion too but it makes her angry, not sad, hates ''emo'' people, or depresed people who SH/ are suicidal. she constantly makes fun of me if i act sad for a second, or she sees my cuts and says things like ''aw, emo kids go cut herself? crying in the corner again?'' i tell her i sliped or somthing instead that i did it...but i realy need help, so have to tell them. i have no idea how and im horribly nervous. help? how can i explain im depresed to them?

The strongest oaks
grow in opposing winds
and Diamonds are
made under
Pressure

PM me anytime for anything at all! <3<3<3
  Send a message via AIM to Eyes on Fire-Xx Send a message via MSN to Eyes on Fire-Xx  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
hellomynameis Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Mimi

Re: Telling my parents...? - July 2nd 2010, 08:53 PM

Hey there,

Your mum probably acts rude like that to scare you into never doing it. I know some parents think you can control moods >,< No, you can't, lol.
What do you think will happen when you tell her?
And what kind of stuff upsets you?
Sorry if I'm getting into your personal space, if I am you don't have to answer.
If I'm not you can PM me and we can talk or I guess you can post it here
If I did though, I think you analyze your stuff; what makes me sad, how can I solve this? (try to) if it gets worse, then...Uhh I'm not sure at the minute, I will reply ASAP with a solution lol

Feel better
I'm sure you're an amazing person.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Eyes on Fire-Xx Offline
The doctor's next companion
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Sumi

Re: Telling my parents...? - July 2nd 2010, 09:18 PM

no, its fine. there dosnt realy have to be anything, i just get suicidal, or over tiny things. its depresion, i need medication :/. and i thik shes going to get mad, even if i dont tell her i tried and SH :/ the one time she brought up my cuts seriously, she was pissed. so i lied cause she was reeeealy mad :/

The strongest oaks
grow in opposing winds
and Diamonds are
made under
Pressure

PM me anytime for anything at all! <3<3<3
  Send a message via AIM to Eyes on Fire-Xx Send a message via MSN to Eyes on Fire-Xx  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Prof.Engrish Offline
愛してる
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Telling my parents...? - July 3rd 2010, 02:31 AM

Telling your parents your depressed/suicidal is very challenging. Also to the fact your mom doesn't make you feel comfortable telling her.

What I recomend you do is talk to someone else you feel comfortable with. Also i don't think i can post phone numbers on this site. But if you google up National Suicide Prevention Lifeline . You should find a (toll-free) hotline, that hotline is composed of proffesionally trained people that are here for people that are suicidal. Believe me it does work as i was formely suicidal my self.

Also know that medication won't always be the one thing to cure suicidal. Although it seems that medication maybe the only option. It may be cured just by having a long talk with someone.

If nothing should work, then i advise you just tell your mom your suicidal and ask her to book an appt with a psychologist. Save this as your final option as this can get pricy

Well hope everything work out for you just hold your head up high!

"This is 10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Concentrated Power of Will, 5% Pleasure, 15% Pain; And a 100% reason to remember the name!"
Buddy/Live Help Operator/Technology and Gaming & Current Event and Debates Forum Moderator
PM/VM
  Send a message via AIM to Prof.Engrish  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
DarkSeph Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Liam

Re: Telling my parents...? - July 3rd 2010, 08:28 AM

If your mother is definitely going to make this difficult, it might be worth talking to a doctor, explaining the problem and organizing for both you and your mother to see them. It might help having someone like a doctor or therapist to explain things to your mother and support you. Even if your mother does get mad, it's probably more a hate of depression (considering she has it herself) rather than being mad at you. Picking on you about it probably makes her feel better about herself and her own depression. But deep down she's still your mother and cares and wont ignore you if you genuinely need help. Best of luck, really hope things work out.

Currently inactive...
  Send a message via MSN to DarkSeph  
Closed Thread