TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
teapotoftea Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Urgent Help please! - July 3rd 2010, 04:37 AM

Hi people
A close friend of mine who lives on the other side of the world sent me this email today. And have no idea how to respond. I'm scared for her. She is 20 and her family does not care for her anymore. The email is basically story of her life. Please help me out!

Happy Birthday or late birthday :/ I really fear for my own life now, because im thinking about taking it... im hurt mentally realllllll bad.... I smoke pot and drink to make it go away it helps but not for the most part.... I dont think he loves me at all... And i watched him do a dope deal this morning he shoved me away when i tried to hug him. Idk what he wants i dont think its sex, because i have to beg for that, then he wont even let me stay with him. Im real sick of being in downtown birmingham im sick of the dope dealers the hoes, the niggas who try to fuck with me, all the fucking drama... i want to escape.... but im thinking and considering taking my life as an escape..... Might do it tomorrow.... but i honestly dont know... i need a sense of direction... and i cant keep going into the hospital because now they could try to have me committed to where i wouldnt ever be able to get out and i dont want that i love to be free. I just dont exactly love heartache. Or pain for that matter. I am probably making no or little sense. I listen to you. I take advice from you. Tell me.... what should i do???? Im going to go and try to talk to him one more time. Last words ive said to him today are.. "I want my hair straightener and my stuff back tomorrow." But i said that because he is being a fucking jerk. I am in love..... And pain just seems to follow me everywhere i go. I clawed my wrist today with my nails, and it deffinitley left a mark.... It hurt. Im not the same cutter girl that i used to be but over dosing sounds like a good idea to me and i know to do it where no one can find me so that they cant try to being me back to life. And praying... that really fucking doesnt work i try to have faith and that honestly gets me no fucking where.... Tell me what should i do Daniel????

How do I respond ?! I'm scared.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Angeal Offline
Average Joe

Name: Ranada Givens

Re: Urgent Help please! - July 4th 2010, 08:20 AM

This may seem really far fetched, but its an idea:
1st) your friend has to get out of the relationship with her boyfriend, it's not healthy and as long as she's in it it won't help her one bit,(tell her this)
2nd)(the far fetched idea)you said that her family does not care for her anymore, well talk to your parents and see if they wouldn't mind having her stay for awhile until she gets on her feet or gets better(i'm sure if you explain the situation to your parents and they care at all they'll want to help)then if your parents gives you the green light(a yes)invite her to come stay with you for awhile. That way she's out of that city, away from that jerk of a boyfriend, and you'll know she's okay, and you can check up on her.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT HAPPENS.
I'LL PRAY FOR HER, AND YOU

(#3 (permalink)) Old
**Theresa** Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Urgent Help please! - July 4th 2010, 07:16 PM

like it was already said have her get out of the realtionship and ask her to get help there are people that will help her get back on her feet again i will keep both of you in mind please let me know what happens and if there is anything that i can do to help

Closed Thread