TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
greenheart Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Bri

Once upon a time... - July 3rd 2010, 04:49 AM

There was a boy. A kind, amazing gentle boy. He was a shy boy. She was a shy girl. They fell in love. He promised to marry her. He showered her with attention. He was the best anyone could ever hope for. He wrote her a beautiful song on the piano. It is playing now, as her story is written. She can see that poor, lonely boy at his piano, playing and alone.

Then, something happened. The boy was afraid. His father was abusive to his mother. Never physical, but the most dreadful emotional pains. The boy knew the girl wanted to travel for her country. The boy demanded she let go of the thought of her career in the State Department. Her passion. Her dream. The one thing that helped her escape from her depression after her parents' divorce. (Her dad left her and her sister, 6 and 3, by themselves in the house for a week while he went to Hungary with his girlfriend with money he stole from their mom.) The boy knew this. The boy still demanded the dreams release.

She cried. She told him she'd give it up. That she'd stay and love him. Something happened. She still doesn't know what. They weren't close anymore. He told her she was at fault. That she is to blame. That she never loved him and he hates her. She tells him to be well, to be happy. He laughs in her face, tells her she is a manipulative b****. Calls her a terrible person. Tells her he hurt himself over her.

The boy, the kind, gentle, amazing, lovely boy hates the girl now. The boy the girl still loves so much. The boy blames the girl now. The boy tells the girl she is just like her father, knowing she would hate to be like that.

The girl now wants to die. That girl is me.

there's a reason cliches became cliches: they spoke the truth for many people.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
greenheart Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Bri

Re: Once upon a time... - July 4th 2010, 09:55 AM

Please help, she said. Help, she whispered. His scorn was a weight on her leg, pulling her down into the deepest trenches of the sea of despair she was in. She is drowning. Sinking so fast...

It seems, no one is there for her.

there's a reason cliches became cliches: they spoke the truth for many people.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DarkSeph Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Liam

Re: Once upon a time... - July 4th 2010, 10:16 AM

I'm really sorry. I know from experience that seeing the people you love most change completely is the most difficult thing in the world.

I know it's really difficult to hear, but if your bf is treating you that way, you have to break free from it. Being blamed and spoken down to by someone you love is extremely damaging to your self esteem and confidence. You honestly don't deserve that at all. And someone who loves you should always support you with your dreams no matter what. I know you might still care for him, but sometimes people become ill mentally and honestly breaking free would be the best thing for you both in the long run.

Don't blame yourself for any of this either, trust me you sound really nice and I'm certain you're a wonderful person. You deserve to be happy and to be appreciated. As bad as things may be, they can get better. Stay strong and I really hope things works out for you. If you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to PM anytime too.

Currently inactive...
  Send a message via MSN to DarkSeph  
Closed Thread