TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Alrex Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Alex

Think about suicide, maybe just bored? - July 3rd 2010, 12:18 PM

Hello! Throughout the years 7 - 16 I thought about suicide on a daily basis due to my parents. (One is Japanese, one is Persian) and it was like living in a warzone due to culture clashes.

I've always wanted them to get divorced my whole life, and I still believe if they got divorced, life for everyone would be much better.

When I became 18, they loosened up the hitler grip on me and let me do my own thing. They are still a bit demanding, but no longer to the point where they threaten to kill me if I disobey them. From the age 17 I stopped thinking about suicide because my life became so much more free and indipendent. I am never home to hear their arguments because I work night shifts and I sleep with earplugs during the afternoons, and on my off days I try to get out of the house to enjoy life.

Recently I've been thinking suicide again. I don't know why. I'm not depressed but life seems to be on repeat.

I tried picking up new hobbies (I learned the harmonica, I picked up an interest in collecting lighters, I ride trick style bikes, been learning about female psycology) but even still my life seems extremely boring and I feel extremely alone at some points because I am either sleeping or working, then I get exactly 30 hours off work to hang out with friends.

I am thinking the possibility of a new job, but if I quit this, I am scared my parents will start shit kicking me hitler style again. I can't move out because I am saving for school, but if I don't listen they will kick me out.

Sorry if this is all rambling. I am work on my break, working a nightime shift like said earlier.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Apollo Offline
LiveStrong™
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Apollo

Re: Think about suicide, maybe just bored? - July 11th 2010, 05:07 AM

Alex,

Clearly, you are not very content with the circumstances given in your life. People don't think about killing themselves because they are bored. It is very serious and needs to be addressed as soon as possible, because there is a reason you are considering it. I also commend you for trying to find ways to keep yourself occupied. At times life may be boring, but enjoy it because any day it could all change. If you are financially stable with the job you have now, you should keep it while you can, but that's just my opinion. Make friends at work or something. Some of my best friends are the ones I met at volunteering. In the mean time, is it possible you could take out student loans so you can go to school now? But anyways, I think you should really consider talking to someone about the thoughts you have been having.

-Apollo.

Always feel free to contact me.
<3 |.YOU ARE LOVED.| <3

.TOMORROW IS A NEW DAY.

You may think the world is better off without you...
The truth:
The world isn't
good enough without you.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Alrex Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Alex

Re: Think about suicide, maybe just bored? - July 11th 2010, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
Alex,

Clearly, you are not very content with the circumstances given in your life. People don't think about killing themselves because they are bored. It is very serious and needs to be addressed as soon as possible, because there is a reason you are considering it. I also commend you for trying to find ways to keep yourself occupied. At times life may be boring, but enjoy it because any day it could all change. If you are financially stable with the job you have now, you should keep it while you can, but that's just my opinion. Make friends at work or something. Some of my best friends are the ones I met at volunteering. In the mean time, is it possible you could take out student loans so you can go to school now? But anyways, I think you should really consider talking to someone about the thoughts you have been having.

-Apollo.
My job pays really good, but I am stuck in a small room for 8 hours, during the night with no contact with anyone because I am the only employee on site.

Good idea on the school. I could maybe take up part time work instead while attending school.

Closed Thread