TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
EightEleven91 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Dan

Finding life difficult. - July 12th 2010, 12:11 AM

I am normally the one to say, life is great. How can people possibly not like life?
But, right now i'm finding life hard, difficult, almost pointless..

Struggling to find a job, hardly any money.

Some people in the world are moronic idiots.

Everybody is out to gain something from someone else, out to make someone else look a fool to make yourself look better...

The people you think you can trust, you cant... You cant trust anybody....

Nobody knows how I feel and I could be described as the 'happy go lucky' type.. But life at the moment is just pathetic and is probably more harm to keep going through it.

I wouldnt for one minute think about harming myself.. But I dont know which way to go. Life is crap.

I speak my mind on situations.
I am sorry if you dont like it.
I am happy if you can take it.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: Finding life difficult. - July 12th 2010, 01:44 AM

Hey Dan,

You're surprisingly not the only one feeling this way. No matter how awesome life is, there are always downfalls. But you know what, that's when you use that strength you have inside of you to stand back up and keep on going. Which way to go? You've started going the right way already! Talk about it. So what if you're always happy go lucky? Everyone has problems and it's no use to keep it all inside. Get it all off your chest. Talk to a friend, family member, religious leader, a random person! Anyone! Yes, you are right. Not everyone is who they say they are. But that doesn't mean the whole world is like that! Try to think of the glass of milk being half full rather then half empty. There are way more honest and caring people in the world then there are cruel and not honest. Maybe the economy isn't the best right now, but that doesn't mean you're stuck! If you can't find a full time job. Start with something smaller and work your way up.

Find your point to life. Everyone has a different one. It can be anything from helping people learn to fixing cars! Mine is to put as many smiles on kids faces as I can. Even when I'm really depressed, just the laugh of a small child always makes me light up. Animals I'm also in love with. They never talk back, just listen and love you as long as you treat them well. I really hope this helped you out a bit. I know life can be rough sometimes, but you are stronger. Keep fighting and keep your head up Dan. I'm always here to talk.

Take care of yourself,
Alessa

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
EightEleven91 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Dan

Re: Finding life difficult. - July 13th 2010, 12:10 AM

Thanks for your advice and taking the time to type so much to me.
I do feel better today, i'm actually scared at how down I was yesterday and had never, ever, felt that down at all..
Today i'm better but still feeling abit down.. But nowhere near as bad as yesterday. I wonder to myself why I felt so down, there wasnt any particular reason... Just the more I thought about life, I thought of everything bad about it, and nothing good which is quite scary for me.
I wonder why I felt so down yesterday....

I speak my mind on situations.
I am sorry if you dont like it.
I am happy if you can take it.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: Finding life difficult. - July 13th 2010, 02:57 AM

Sometimes our bodies just need a break from everything. And that's okay. If you're afraid you may feel this way again, make a plan for yourself. When you are feeling good write down things you can do to feel better when you are down. Such as calling a friend, posting on TH, drawing, reading, going for a walk, anything you find calming that could help you feel better and take the time to think more about the positive rather then the negative. You're very welcome I'm here if you ever want to talk!

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

Closed Thread