TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Enekstrix Offline
Kiki
Not a n00b

Name: Kiersten

...please help.... - July 14th 2010, 05:07 AM

I have cried for almost the past five hours straight... I really can't deal with this stress anymore. I think maybe there's a gene in my body that says 'no you can't live contently, you don't deserve it'. I recently was cast into a play my drama club is doing and I was so happy just to get casted. Now... I can barely smile at practice. My part is a nurse that has to act completely emotionless. I couldn't bring myself to say that I wasn't acting when I was commended on it. Then I went to my bf's house. It was pretty cool for him to cook for me since I was tired. My head turned and I got really dizzy after that like I was going to pass out. My bf asked if I wanted to fool around a bit... I usually do. We went to his room and started kissing and I just started to cry.
He backed off thinking he did something wrong but when he saw me, he just hugged me tightly. The whole time he spoke there was a voice in my head saying, 'you'll have to leave him soon. You can't stay like this forever'.
I told him the truth. We've decide not to do anything that even relates to sexual for a long time also since I can't handle it. I really don't want anything to do with any of it. I just want to get away from here. Away from everything. I can't stand this life. I can't stand the people around me. I can't stand living in this stupid box inside my head!
I desperately want to die but I can't... I could never do that to him. I know he'd do anything for me....I just don't want to live.................

Drawing on my fine command of the language, I said nothing.

True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked.
  Send a message via MSN to Enekstrix  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
"Bisexual" Tux (Linux Mascot)
I've been here a while

Name: Chris

Re: ...please help.... - July 14th 2010, 06:23 AM

Hey. Great job for reaching out.

First off, it's going to be okay.

Secondly, you should talk to someone you trust as soon as possible. Tell them how you feel. reach out to people that you personally know. You'll likely find that just talking to someone about your feelings can help a whole lot. There's so much that you can do still with you're life. You're only 17. So many opportunities, so many experiences to come. It would be a shame to throw it all away now. Please let me know if you ever want to talk.

Chris
You can always contact me to talk about anything!
---------------------
Proud to be myself.

Need a hug? Please take one!

Image Credit: startingover18 (Tumblr)

last updated on 11/11/17

(#3 (permalink)) Old
ChelseaSmile Offline
They Were Wrong
Average Joe

Name: Chelsea

Re: ...please help.... - July 14th 2010, 07:25 AM

You might as well have been writing a story about me.
I understand how you feel completely, I've been feeling the same lately.
There was no reason that I was severely depressed, I just was.
When people asked me why I was so unhappy, I honestly couldn't think of a good reason... Well a reason at all actually... It didn't even have to be a good one.
I just talked it out with some friends. I know it sounds so simple doesn't it?
Knowing that they cared enough about me got me through it.
And I just kept thinking to myself that I can't go on just being unhappy.
I was being rude to everyone around me and it had just gotten to be too much.
Maybe this will help you, It helped me.
Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help create the fact. - Henry James.
Message me if you ever need to talk or anything.
-Bryri
  Send a message via Skype™ to ChelseaSmile 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Enekstrix Offline
Kiki
Not a n00b

Name: Kiersten

Re: ...please help.... - July 14th 2010, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaSmile View Post
You might as well have been writing a story about me.
I understand how you feel completely, I've been feeling the same lately.
There was no reason that I was severely depressed, I just was.
When people asked me why I was so unhappy, I honestly couldn't think of a good reason... Well a reason at all actually... It didn't even have to be a good one.
I just talked it out with some friends. I know it sounds so simple doesn't it?
Knowing that they cared enough about me got me through it.
And I just kept thinking to myself that I can't go on just being unhappy.
I was being rude to everyone around me and it had just gotten to be too much.
Maybe this will help you, It helped me.
Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help create the fact. - Henry James.
Message me if you ever need to talk or anything.
-Bryri
Well it would be that simple if all my friends weren't already gone... Almost every friend I had went away to college this year and went to different ones to... I have very few friends left besides my bf and most of them are more like acquaintances than friends...

Drawing on my fine command of the language, I said nothing.

True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked.
  Send a message via MSN to Enekstrix  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
DarkSeph Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Liam

Re: ...please help.... - July 14th 2010, 04:25 PM

Sorry to hear you don't have many friends to turn to at the moment, but you really aren't alone. Perhaps turn to the people you do have for more support. Talk to your bf, friends you have, family, people you trust, anyone at all. Or spend time with them and do fun things to take your mind off everything. TH will always be here for you too, so don't be afraid to reach out for support here anytime you feel down. Loneliness or feeling you don't have anyone to turn to can be a huge cause of depression. Chances are people in your life who care, like your bf, would really like to be there for you.

Don't feel bad about feeling down, it happens to a lot of people, but things really can get better and you can be happy. Try to stay positive, you have your entire future ahead of you. Really hope things get better soon.

Currently inactive...
  Send a message via MSN to DarkSeph  
Closed Thread