TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
sarah679 Offline
ella xx
Not a n00b

nightmares and sleeping problems - July 14th 2010, 05:41 PM

im so scared. so im constantly having all these nightmares and not being able to sleep this week. its like, im either wide awake all night, or i sleep for like an hour but i have a nightmare and then im too scared to go back to sleep. im so frightened and annoyed. what the hells wrong with me? somebody please help me!!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
falling_x Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Vicx

Re: nightmares and sleeping problems - July 14th 2010, 06:44 PM

Nightmares are in fact really useful. Yes they are scary, but they are there for a reason. They allow us to experience emotions that we cannot experience (for whatever reason) during waking hours.

There's nothing wrong with you - it's just your subconscious telling you that there is something you need to look at and sort out. If you are being chased for instance, you need to look at what is chasing you - you are running away from something. Once you know what you are running away from you can deal with it.

Your nightmares will stop or happen less often once you find out what it is they are trying to tell you.

Feel free to PM me any time
falling_x

So much for that idea ...

Want a chat? Get in touch ...

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: nightmares and sleeping problems - July 15th 2010, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by falling_x View Post
Nightmares are in fact really useful. Yes they are scary, but they are there for a reason. They allow us to experience emotions that we cannot experience (for whatever reason) during waking hours.

There's nothing wrong with you - it's just your subconscious telling you that there is something you need to look at and sort out. If you are being chased for instance, you need to look at what is chasing you - you are running away from something. Once you know what you are running away from you can deal with it.

Your nightmares will stop or happen less often once you find out what it is they are trying to tell you.

Feel free to PM me any time
falling_x
With that said, what do you dream about ?

I came here to help out, so if you wanna talk or just need someone to bounce ideas or issues off of or something else then send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
*Rainbow*Rider* Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: H

Re: nightmares and sleeping problems - July 15th 2010, 01:52 AM

I get this too. All the time. It takes me a good three hours on a good night to get to sleep, and then I have nightmares. Sometimes its only once a week, this week its been every night so far.

Try to go to sleep with something comforting. I always sleep with a teddy my grandmother bought me years and years ago, and my dog sleeps next to my bed so I can just put my hand over the edge of my bed, stroke him and I feel better.

Also, try hot milk, camomile tea, and writing down your worries before bed. Sometimes it helps to get to sleep.

If the world is a cold place
Make it your business to start some fires

(#5 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: nightmares and sleeping problems - July 15th 2010, 04:47 AM

Hey there,

Nightmares are awful. I wish you did not have to deal with this. However I know that you can get through this. I think that a lot of the suggestions and comments people have made are great and I hope that you will take them and try to work with it.

Do you know why you are scared? If you could figure out the reasons you are scared you might be able to decrease the intensity of the nightmares. One thing I find that helps with this is journaling. I journal almost every night and it gets out all my issues and sometimes it opens my eyes to feelings I wasn't even aware of.

Is there anyone you could talk to about this? A parent or a friend? Sometimes when I am scared and it is bedtime I will sit down and talk to my dad or a friend a little while before. It calms my nerves and if I am able to touch on the issues behind my fear I am able to go to bed and not be completely creeped out. Maybe this will help you.

Please hang in there and if you need anything I am just a pm away.

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread