TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives


You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!


Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
TeenMisery Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
TeenMisery's Avatar
 
Name: U dnt need 2 noe
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: New york city

Posts: 18
Join Date: July 15th 2010

depression - July 15th 2010, 06:23 AM

I feel awful everyday its just like a living nightmare i wake up to the most terrible family anybody would possibley have..they so unsupportive and rude mean and they hate me.all this hate really eats out my heart,and its really ripping my heart into pecies i no longer can cope and at times there would be little things that would get me threw the day or days but lately never do those days come around anymore ..its just more depression after depression,more hate and disappointments,My heart is so much pain.more pain then ever before..i literaly cry every night as wollow into self pity,cause thats all i could do for myself is feel sorry for myself..They pain rarely ever goes away and nobody shows any care,

i droped out at age 17 because i was bullied teased to the point i couldn't go there anymore.My stupid uncaring parents kept being rude and not understanding where im coming kept telling me go bak and yell at me.mean while when my brother did it he was never yelled at..all this lack of care love just gets so hurt and drained.

at this point in my time i really do feel like i reached rock bottom the lowest point of my life is this moment here..i was have high hopes for better days but each day makes things worse so i never hope for that anymore since im always led down.

i rarely ever enjoy my life anymore,and i cant even remember the last time i felt good about myself.i lost all my close friends.i dont even enjoy things i used to anymore because tehy seem pointless.

everywhere i turn im screwed nobody helps or gives a dam.

i spent most of the day with my mom to get ready for wedding but honestly i cudnt wait for the day to be over cuz when is sleep is the only time im at peace.

just plz help I'm desperate..also i stay home all day because i hate being around others they make me feel like crap with all there scuess money ,career and happniess..and good loving families that i just alltoghter stopped going out.
   
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Marguerite Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
Marguerite's Avatar
 
Name: Marguerite
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Posts: 1,064
Blog Entries: 2
Join Date: June 1st 2010

Re: depression - July 15th 2010, 01:37 PM

Hey.

I guess I can relate to your story.

Here's mine in brief summery:

Extremely depressed, didn't really have friends, tried to kill myself a couple of times, dropped out of school, barely left the house for a year.

I guess I was lucky. While I have my problems with my mum she didn't pressure me to go back to school, she was really understanding of my problems.

I did go back to school after a year. I'm in it now and have been for about 3 months.

Sometimes I wish my mum had pressured me. I wish I'd gone back to school before I'd drifted away from all my friends and had to do another year.

I'm sorry your family are insensitive, and I know this is going to sound generic and cliche... But they wouldn't care if you went back to school if they didn't care about you. Maybe you could talk to them, try and make them understand your problems.

I'm not going to tell you going back to school had made everything better for me. I'm not instantly happy, i've still got problems. But a weight was lifted from me, things are looking up.

You have to be ready, for sure. I'll tell you what though, going back to school for me wasn't a well thought out descion for me. I just said to my mum "Hey, you think I could go back to school?" then I started going lol.


Let me be honest with you: There is no quick fix to what you're feeling. I wish I could tell you think about the good things in life, do things you enjoy, etc etc and it'll get better.

Time is the only healer. You can aid that. Doing things you love again will make you feel better. Talking to someone will, even going on medication.

It's a process, is all I'm saying.

When I wasn't going to school, all I did was sit at home and be miserable thinking about how much things suck. You're caught in this cycle of being depressed because things suck and things sucking because you're depressed. Sound familiar?

Things haven't miraculously got better since I started going to school. But I can feel myself breaking from that cycle because I have plans and oppertunities now. If I want to go to university and study whatever the hell I want I can do it. I'm not going to be stuck here in this life forever in some shitty job alone.

If you believe things aren't going to get better, they aren't, because you aren't going to do anything about it. I'm not trying to sound superior. I've just been where you are and if I had someone to tell me this a year ago I wish i'd have listened.

I hope you go back to school. Get a new attitude. Some new clothes. A haircut. Honestly, that kind of stuff helps. Go back and show them who's boss. Do your school work. See how good it feels to get good marks. Invite an old friend to the movies.

If it's too hard to make a fresh start at your old school go to another. I'm sure your parents would be happy to send you wherever if it meant getting you back there.

It says your 17, what have you got, 1, 2 years left? What's that? Nothing. Then you'll have the rest of your life ahead of you. I know it hurts. And maybe tomorrow I wont be so optimistic and I'll feel exactly the same as you. But right now I just want to tell you that it's not going to change instantly, but it will change.

You'll get older, leave school, move out of home, make new friends, see new places. You're worth it.

I'm sorry for the novel. I just would rather try hopelessly to make a real difference in someones life than superficially tell 15 people that everythings going to be okay if they just think super positively.

People do care about you. Your parents do. You think I'd waste my time writing all this if I didn't care?

PM me Anytime xx
   
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
TeenMisery Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
TeenMisery's Avatar
 
Name: U dnt need 2 noe
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: New york city

Posts: 18
Join Date: July 15th 2010

Re: depression - July 16th 2010, 04:47 AM

Your not understanding me very well,My family is so insensitive and they don't care enough to even listen to me, There lack of care and love was very well stated above,then talking things out wont do shit.There stubborn and careless,and tired many times so it doesn't NOT work!

And why would you leave the school after having friend and shit.I dropped out for good resonable reasons, I had no friends, i was fucking teased and bullied everyday,i was tourmentedand evenr after my counseling sessions have not worked,They countined to tease and she started to be less helpful as days went by because she had no idea what more she could do to help,

also being pressured isnt good if you going threw this much shit (try and understand better)

(also when i was home i was able to chill and relax thats something i couldnt do at school cause i was around imature retards.)

also liek i said i dont enjoy things anymore..so i can and talking to someone isnt an option since i have nobody to talk to..like i mentioned lost all friends..so there nobody thats fucking left.

I dont believe things arent going to get any better..and even if i do that shouldnt affect anything in my life or how things work in my life.

first off you need to stop eing so dam insensetive and pushingme bak in school after i mentioned
   
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Marguerite Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
Marguerite's Avatar
 
Name: Marguerite
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Posts: 1,064
Blog Entries: 2
Join Date: June 1st 2010

Re: depression - July 16th 2010, 05:18 AM

First off, I didn't have friends at school. I sort of have some friends that I didn't really talked too, then I moved schools (Where I live you have to move schools to do year 11 + 12) and I had no one. I was depressed. I'd just met my father and half brothers for the first time.
My mum was addicted to gambling. We never had any money. I went with out food so often. I felt so alone and depressed and all I thought about was suicide.

All I'm saying is, you seem to be assuming that I dropped out when I lived on lollypop lane and you dropped out for real reasons that I can't understand.

I'm sorry councelling didn't help. I'm sorry you were being teased. That sucks. Like I said though, you could always try a new school.

I don't have anyone to talk to either. The truth is I only have one friend left and I haven't seen him in over two months.

I'm not being 'damn effing insensitive'.

If you posted this so you could get a bunch of replies like 'It's okay, don't worry about it, it'll get better' then I'm sorry for giving you actual advice.

Perhaps next time you post for advice you should put a disclaimer up that says something like "Please don't give me real advice... I'm just looking to feel sorry for myself. Sugar coat before replying please."

I'm not trying to be harsh. There is just no point in you stewing in self pity. I understand how you are feeling. I feel that way too.

What I come to realize is two things:
1) Depression is an illness. It's not a state of mind. 'thinking positive thoughts' isn't going to cure you.

2) Life sucks. It's hard. You have to fight depression and try and get over it.

I don't know whats going on in your life. It's probably much worse than mine. You have every right to be upset. If however you plan to just give up, then what is the point? Just check yourself into a retirement home and wait until death.

I'm not making you feel bad for being upset. Today I found out that we have no money until next week, which means toast for dinner all week AGAIN. I lost it and had a sook.

What I have to do though is constantly remind myself though that maybe I don't have that much money... Atleast I have SOME food. I have shelter. There is a kid out there right now starving, running from gun fire, all alone.

No matter how bad you think your life sucks at this point there is always someone who's life sucks worse. And if you think your life sucks, and you don't plan on doing anything about it, then it's going to continue to suck.

Maybe you think I'm horrible, but this is only tough love. If you want your life to continue to suck maybe just do sit in your room and reflect on how much you sucky life sucks.

Or maybe, if you want to turn your life around, you could listen to me. You don't have to go back to school at all. But you need to make some changes. You don't have to succeed even. You just have to try. And don't pretend like you can't, because I KNOW you can. I believe in you.
   
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
TeenMisery Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
TeenMisery's Avatar
 
Name: U dnt need 2 noe
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: New york city

Posts: 18
Join Date: July 15th 2010

Smile Re: depression - July 19th 2010, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marguerite View Post
First off, I didn't have friends at school. I sort of have some friends that I didn't really talked too, then I moved schools (Where I live you have to move schools to do year 11 + 12) and I had no one. I was depressed. I'd just met my father and half brothers for the first time.
My mum was addicted to gambling. We never had any money. I went with out food so often. I felt so alone and depressed and all I thought about was suicide.

All I'm saying is, you seem to be assuming that I dropped out when I lived on lollypop lane and you dropped out for real reasons that I can't understand.

I'm sorry councelling didn't help. I'm sorry you were being teased. That sucks. Like I said though, you could always try a new school.

I don't have anyone to talk to either. The truth is I only have one friend left and I haven't seen him in over two months.

I'm not being 'damn effing insensitive'.

If you posted this so you could get a bunch of replies like 'It's okay, don't worry about it, it'll get better' then I'm sorry for giving you actual advice.

Perhaps next time you post for advice you should put a disclaimer up that says something like "Please don't give me real advice... I'm just looking to feel sorry for myself. Sugar coat before replying please."

I'm not trying to be harsh. There is just no point in you stewing in self pity. I understand how you are feeling. I feel that way too.

What I come to realize is two things:
1) Depression is an illness. It's not a state of mind. 'thinking positive thoughts' isn't going to cure you.

2) Life sucks. It's hard. You have to fight depression and try and get over it.

I don't know whats going on in your life. It's probably much worse than mine. You have every right to be upset. If however you plan to just give up, then what is the point? Just check yourself into a retirement home and wait until death.

I'm not making you feel bad for being upset. Today I found out that we have no money until next week, which means toast for dinner all week AGAIN. I lost it and had a sook.

What I have to do though is constantly remind myself though that maybe I don't have that much money... Atleast I have SOME food. I have shelter. There is a kid out there right now starving, running from gun fire, all alone.

No matter how bad you think your life sucks at this point there is always someone who's life sucks worse. And if you think your life sucks, and you don't plan on doing anything about it, then it's going to continue to suck.

Maybe you think I'm horrible, but this is only tough love. If you want your life to continue to suck maybe just do sit in your room and reflect on how much you sucky life sucks.

Or maybe, if you want to turn your life around, you could listen to me. You don't have to go back to school at all. But you need to make some changes. You don't have to succeed even. You just have to try. And don't pretend like you can't, because I KNOW you can. I believe in you.
well at least you had some sort of friends.i didn't have that and you didn't have it bad as me because i was getting teased that's much worse then not have friends.meeting your father for the first time so what? i wish i didn't know my father or brother after all the shit hes done,he hasn't done nothing for me,he was never there for..he was there physically but not mentally.that's not as bad as having a father you just saw for the first time.In Fact my brother was abusive psychically and emotional to me.He still is at the age of 18.He barely speaks to me,and always wants the worse,i hate him so much i cant even be in the same room as him,so i would love to have never either one of them.

How can you not understand my reasons for leaving school? I will try and a new school cause every since i was a little girl this shits been happenin so i doubt it will get any better in any other skool.

you gave me so little adivce and most of it was about you,and all of it i already knew from my experince,so the adivce u gave did nothing for me,plus u dnt know my parents u cant say care about you

first of all there nothings i can do but self pity myself since nobody eles would shit for me,and your not making it better. your supposed 2 b supportive not being a harsh rude ass person,cuz that dont do shit for me,

okay thats so fukin ruder to jst wait until death like your letting me down and thats the rudest shit so far i heard from when i asked for help from anyone..you need to be more dam helpful.instead of saying don't give up,you go around with ur cold ass heart yea just give up//like wtf??

there is no change i can make,change isn't always good,and i don't always be thinking how Sukey it is but its way worse then majority of the people in this country.everybody is out there with no worries..hav everything and more then what they need...is something you need to look at also instead of only others who dont have food...theres also charities that will help them one day and some are already helpin them,but i dont see one for me.or for the people who depressed and if so it only has 2,00 votes

i wish i had only food to worry about like you,but i got so much more shit in my mind then you/so need your support not the opposite
   
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Marguerite Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
Marguerite's Avatar
 
Name: Marguerite
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Posts: 1,064
Blog Entries: 2
Join Date: June 1st 2010

Re: depression - July 19th 2010, 12:08 PM

I don't understand why you are being like this.

I'm sorry I wrote all that stuff about myself, I was just trying to help.

Back when I was dropping out of school I wish I'd had someone to say that kind of stuff to me. To say they've been there and that it gets better. I understand that not everyone is like me and I apologize for making that mistake.

As for worrying about school and meeting my father, I'm sure what you're going through is worse but saying it's not a big deal (in the manner you did) was pretty- well, extremely- rude and insensitive. I'm not trying to make you feel bad and if you were just some person I knew in real life I'd probably get a lot more angry over it, but the fact your on teenhelp makes me more sympathetic.

Also, you are pretty lucky you said that kind of thing to me and not to someone less compassionate in real life because people don't take kindly to that kind of behaviour.

People are unfair Misery. Life is cruel.

You think I haven't been bullied? Or my mother hasn't been abusive? I'm sure it was A LOT worse for you, but it does it matter?

Is it really a competition between who's life is harder because you seem almost offended when I suggested I have had similar problems.

Like I said I'm sure yours are worse but there are people worse off than you and me both and your not going to get anywhere in life when you get angry every time someone even dare think they have a problem that comes close to relating to yours.

I understand reason for leaving school! That's what this whole thing was about. You don't have to go back to school. Get a job, take a traineeship. My point was that I was on the edge and going back made me a lot happier. When I left I couldn't even think of something so awful as going back to school. Like I said though, I just wish I'd done something with my life in that time other than just sit at home and feel sorry for myself.

I never told you to 'give up and die'. I would never say that to anyone. I just meant that if you aren't going to do about it, then nothing is going to happen.

It's like instead of getting a job you are just sitting around waiting to win the lottery. It doesn't work like that. Life doesn't spontaniously get better. I'm being such a hypocrite because this was me a year ago, like i've told you.

As I said, you seem so concerned that your problems are worse than mine. That's fine. I'm sure are they are. Maybe i'll never ever understand your reasons for leaving school and my problems seem paradise compared to yours. It still doesn't change the fact that if you don't do anything other than wallow in self pity nothing is going to happen for you.

I did give you advice. You said I didn't. I gave a lot, you just chose not to listen. That's fine too, you don't have to take my advice.

You can accuse me of being a bitch, that's fine, I can take that. You tell me I'm being 'fkn rude'. I'm obviously not helping you, but i've tried too despite what you might think.

Maybe it's harsh but this is life. I could have told you your life sucks and I'm sorry. If that's all you want then fine. Your life does suck and I AM sorry. What you said about your brother is horrible and couldn't imagine. I'm sorry you're being teased and that your parents are unsupportive.

I just thought it would be more constructive if I actually tried to help you instead of just offering pity.

I don't care what you think of me. I don't think that you are just SO weak that change your life and that you'll never be happy.

Maybe that makes me such a horrible person, with my insignifigant problems, but I believe in you.

Why is it that you can stand up to me, a person offering help, but not your family or the people teasing you? You're obviously a strong person.

I'm not going to tell you that you are pathetic and can't be saved. You aren't pathetic and you can save yourself. I don't care what you think.

One day you'll be happy whether you like it or not.
   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
TeenMisery Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
TeenMisery's Avatar
 
Name: U dnt need 2 noe
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: New york city

Posts: 18
Join Date: July 15th 2010

Re: depression - July 20th 2010, 09:10 AM

Thats because i cant do anything about the sititustion and your supposed to pity and support and adivce at the same time if you were smart enough you would of known.

also my mom barely pushed me to go to skool,she would say stuff "liek i dont care if you fail only runing your own life" like thats what a good parents should say she knew it was the wrong thing to say but she said to be a major bitch. and when she did she did it in harsh manner like treating to call people on me,and screaming,yelling,pulling on my legs,having a rude manner,instead of trying to solve the issue like a good parent she went and did the worst thing she could do either not pay any attention to and ignore it.which what she did after awhile.this wasn't done to my brother.they were so careless of him,he never went school and when they do want him to do they say it so nicely like if hes the king of the castle. she did not offer any helpful advice and she raised me in a very poor manner.she teached me nothing,i learned things own my own,and then she would repeat it to be like if that was good enough when it wasn't.

when i was crying i didn't have a shoulder to lean on.shes never by my side and the more time i spend with her the more i want to hurt her.I hate her so much i don't even think shes my real mom.

I'm not being mean to you just to make myself seem worse..i am in a way worse situation just saying

also going back wont make things better only worse atleast at home i can find ways to be alone.over there i have no options to be alone.I have to sit in a room full of people that i hate.getting a job wont do nothing for me,besides get me money i dont need it now since my parents payin me ill get one when i need to that shit isnt the answer to everything or anyting..im strugging with money so the hell wud u even suggest thats really dumb.

actually my life did at one point get spontaniously get better at one point in my life..so you cant tell me that shit..im not fucking stupid to belive thats hit either cause i been threw allot and i know my shit by now and i know whats true and what isnt cause learned as i grew.maybe not as much as the average people around my age or the same age,but it hell do seem like i know more shit then you know.

I dont know you keep bring shit into this that has to do with money nothing i mentioned had shit to do with money..thats not even as issue at this point.and i anit waitin no dam lottery.

You make no sense in the thrid sentence from the top you said i understand your reason for leaving skool then you turn around sayin maybe ill never understand, it makes you really sound like your too screwed up in the head to even understand whats going on.

You dont know if something or nothing will you not pyshic so dont say that shit..you dnt know that shyt for sure..so stop bein so dam nagetive.

You didnt give me any so called adivce that did me any justice.everything you said i knew before from self experince and its not help at all.

because standing up to them is like standing up to a dog you tell them to stop and they still do it.
   
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Marguerite Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
Marguerite's Avatar
 
Name: Marguerite
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Posts: 1,064
Blog Entries: 2
Join Date: June 1st 2010

Re: depression - July 20th 2010, 10:49 AM

Look, you've obviously misunderstood me. For example, you say you don't know why I bought money into it... I wasn't speaking literally, I was using an analogy.

I've been extremely nice and understanding towards you and I don't think you'd ever get away with talking to someone else the way you talk to me.

You're right, my problems aren't that big. Sometimes I look around and I can't believe I felt so down when there are people dying left right and centre. My problems actually are pretty trivial in the scheme of things.

I'd say your problems are not that bad either though. You keep going on about how crap your life is, but I mean, you haven't really said why. Because you're teased and your parents aren't understanding? Because your mum didn't give you a shoulder to cry on? If that's all you're a very lucky person. Hey, so am I, but I see that. You are stuck feeling so sorry for yourself.

I'm sorry to be blunt but it really upsets me that i've tried to be nice and help you again and again and you keep coming back and insulting me.

Besides, this isn't helping you. That is what I'm trying to get across. If you ever want your life to get better, you need to do something other than feel sorry for yourself. That might sound harsh but I only say it with your best interests in mind.

'You dont know if something or nothing will you not pyshic so dont say that shit..you dnt know that shyt for sure..so stop bein so dam nagetive'

How is it negative to say things like 'I believe your life will get better'?? You have a strange grasp on what negativity is.

'Thats because i cant do anything about the sititustion and your supposed to pity and support and adivce at the same time if you were smart enough you would of known.'

Uh, are you even kidding? What did you come here for if you thought you can't do anything about it? I guess I just have more faith in you than you have in yourself.

For the record, pity isn't a good thing and I've never met anyone who wanted pity. I sort of assumed because you came to a help site you were after advice and not someone to just tell you 'Hey! Nothing is ever going to get better and your life is fucked!'

Well it could if you wanted it to and your life isn't that screwed up.

As for me not helping you with advice, then I'm sorry. You don't have to take someone's advice though and as a general social rule you don't insult the person who has given it to you just because it isn't the holy grail of answers.

I really hope that you can get your life back on track and can be happy one day.
   
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Member
Jeez, get a life!
***********
 
Kitty.'s Avatar
 
Name: Kitty
Gender: Female

Posts: 6,269
Join Date: January 23rd 2010

Re: depression - July 20th 2010, 06:31 PM

Hey,

Have you told your family about how this makes you feel? Sometime you might be surprised at how they react to it.
Since counselling didn't work, try getting a different counselor. Some people go through at least 10 counselors until they find the right one.
Try focusing on positives instead of negatives. One positive I love is the sunrise and the sunset. It's so beautiful and lovely. Think of some positives yourself.
I hope this helps.
Take care <3
PM me anytime.
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
TeenMisery Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
TeenMisery's Avatar
 
Name: U dnt need 2 noe
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: New york city

Posts: 18
Join Date: July 15th 2010

Re: depression - July 21st 2010, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty. View Post
Hey,

Have you told your family about how this makes you feel? Sometime you might be surprised at how they react to it.
Since counselling didn't work, try getting a different counselor. Some people go through at least 10 counselors until they find the right one.
Try focusing on positives instead of negatives. One positive I love is the sunrise and the sunset. It's so beautiful and lovely. Think of some positives yourself.
I hope this helps.
Take care <3
PM me anytime.

yes i have..i cant go see a counselor right now skool is out of session.
   
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
TeenMisery Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
TeenMisery's Avatar
 
Name: U dnt need 2 noe
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: New york city

Posts: 18
Join Date: July 15th 2010

Re: depression - July 21st 2010, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marguerite View Post
Look, you've obviously misunderstood me. For example, you say you don't know why I bought money into it... I wasn't speaking literally, I was using an analogy.

I've been extremely nice and understanding towards you and I don't think you'd ever get away with talking to someone else the way you talk to me.

You're right, my problems aren't that big. Sometimes I look around and I can't believe I felt so down when there are people dying left right and centre. My problems actually are pretty trivial in the scheme of things.

I'd say your problems are not that bad either though. You keep going on about how crap your life is, but I mean, you haven't really said why. Because you're teased and your parents aren't understanding? Because your mum didn't give you a shoulder to cry on? If that's all you're a very lucky person. Hey, so am I, but I see that. You are stuck feeling so sorry for yourself.

I'm sorry to be blunt but it really upsets me that i've tried to be nice and help you again and again and you keep coming back and insulting me.

Besides, this isn't helping you. That is what I'm trying to get across. If you ever want your life to get better, you need to do something other than feel sorry for yourself. That might sound harsh but I only say it with your best interests in mind.

'You dont know if something or nothing will you not pyshic so dont say that shit..you dnt know that shyt for sure..so stop bein so dam nagetive'

How is it negative to say things like 'I believe your life will get better'?? You have a strange grasp on what negativity is.

'Thats because i cant do anything about the sititustion and your supposed to pity and support and adivce at the same time if you were smart enough you would of known.'

Uh, are you even kidding? What did you come here for if you thought you can't do anything about it? I guess I just have more faith in you than you have in yourself.

For the record, pity isn't a good thing and I've never met anyone who wanted pity. I sort of assumed because you came to a help site you were after advice and not someone to just tell you 'Hey! Nothing is ever going to get better and your life is fucked!'

Well it could if you wanted it to and your life isn't that screwed up.

As for me not helping you with advice, then I'm sorry. You don't have to take someone's advice though and as a general social rule you don't insult the person who has given it to you just because it isn't the holy grail of answers.

I really hope that you can get your life back on track and can be happy one day.
well you brought job into as if its such a big issue when its not a issue at all..i have my parents paying for me so there no reason to work when i stuff offered to me.i have enough problems in my life to even devote any of time into work and actually have a good affect on me,it will only trigger a negative affect since nobody likes working and neither do i..its like the modern version of people a slave back in the days expect now you get paid for working ur ass off.

Ok first of all you think being teased is nothing,its a fucking huge ass deal being teased u haven't shown any sensitivity to that subject besides the one time you said im sorry that happened other that you feel no dam major when it is and its supposed to taken seriously not like oh its not big deal nothing major yes it is.!! i know people who commit sucuide from it so it is a fuking big ass major deal!just being teased is bad enough and to top more stuff makes my life real crap.

oky you be taking things so lightly it means she was never there to help,support or guide which can really screw up someone life..and once again you being insesnetive.you dont know shit! and u think its so dam easy jus cuz u never been threw shit.

also i have allot more shit to worry about then that..i have all my close turn and leave when i needed them,then i never enjoy myself anymore cause nobody is willing to go and show me a good time like they used now its just a pain in the ass to be around anyone cuz of all there crappy attutide so im like the only teenager who spends all day in the house because i lack social skils and i have no place to go where im at peace and can enjoy my time either alone or with somebody..on top of that i have nobody to turn to.and some stuff i hate about myself im not pretty,smart,i suffer from social anxiety OCD,..and thats not even all of it i have way more problems.

and for the god dam record yes pity is a good time read the dam definition below

Sympathy and sorrow aroused by the misfortune or suffering of another.

havin sympathy shows you care and feel sorry for the person for suffering so yes its a good thing..i don't fucking get it its like im the whos fuking counseling you!
   
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
TeenMisery Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
TeenMisery's Avatar
 
Name: U dnt need 2 noe
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: New york city

Posts: 18
Join Date: July 15th 2010

Re: depression - July 21st 2010, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marguerite View Post
Look, you've obviously misunderstood me. For example, you say you don't know why I bought money into it... I wasn't speaking literally, I was using an analogy.

I've been extremely nice and understanding towards you and I don't think you'd ever get away with talking to someone else the way you talk to me.

You're right, my problems aren't that big. Sometimes I look around and I can't believe I felt so down when there are people dying left right and centre. My problems actually are pretty trivial in the scheme of things.

I'd say your problems are not that bad either though. You keep going on about how crap your life is, but I mean, you haven't really said why. Because you're teased and your parents aren't understanding? Because your mum didn't give you a shoulder to cry on? If that's all you're a very lucky person. Hey, so am I, but I see that. You are stuck feeling so sorry for yourself.

I'm sorry to be blunt but it really upsets me that i've tried to be nice and help you again and again and you keep coming back and insulting me.

Besides, this isn't helping you. That is what I'm trying to get across. If you ever want your life to get better, you need to do something other than feel sorry for yourself. That might sound harsh but I only say it with your best interests in mind.

'You dont know if something or nothing will you not pyshic so dont say that shit..you dnt know that shyt for sure..so stop bein so dam nagetive'

How is it negative to say things like 'I believe your life will get better'?? You have a strange grasp on what negativity is.

'Thats because i cant do anything about the sititustion and your supposed to pity and support and adivce at the same time if you were smart enough you would of known.'

Uh, are you even kidding? What did you come here for if you thought you can't do anything about it? I guess I just have more faith in you than you have in yourself.

For the record, pity isn't a good thing and I've never met anyone who wanted pity. I sort of assumed because you came to a help site you were after advice and not someone to just tell you 'Hey! Nothing is ever going to get better and your life is fucked!'

Well it could if you wanted it to and your life isn't that screwed up.

As for me not helping you with advice, then I'm sorry. You don't have to take someone's advice though and as a general social rule you don't insult the person who has given it to you just because it isn't the holy grail of answers.

I really hope that you can get your life back on track and can be happy one day.
well you brought job into as if its such a big issue when its not a issue at all..i have my parents paying for me so there no reason to work when i stuff offered to me.i have enough problems in my life to even devote any of time into work and actually have a good affect on me,it will only trigger a negative affect since nobody likes working and neither do i..its like the modern version of people a slave back in the days expect now you get paid for working ur ass off.It will only increase my depression,and it wil not help me cope.job isnt the solution to everything just cause allot poeple my age do it.

Ok first of all you think being teased is nothing,its a fucking huge ass deal being teased u haven't shown any sensitivity to that subject besides the one time you said im sorry that happened other that you feel no dam major when it is and its supposed to taken seriously not like oh its not big deal nothing major yes it is.!! i know people who commit sucuide from it so it is a fuking big ass major deal!just being teased is bad enough and to top more stuff makes my life real crap.

oky you be taking things so lightly it means she was never there to help,support or guide which can really screw up someone life..and once again you being insesnetive.you dont know shit! and u think its so dam easy jus cuz u never been threw shit.

also i have allot more shit to worry about then that..i have all my close turn and leave when i needed them,then i never enjoy myself anymore cause nobody is willing to go and show me a good time like they used now its just a pain in the ass to be around anyone cuz of all there crappy attutide so im like the only teenager who spends all day in the house because i lack social skils and i have no place to go where im at peace and can enjoy my time either alone or with somebody..on top of that i have nobody to turn to.and some stuff i hate about myself im not pretty,smart,i suffer from social anxiety OCD,..and thats not even all of it i have way more problems.

and for the god dam record yes pity is a good time read the dam definition below

Sympathy and sorrow aroused by the misfortune or suffering of another.

havin sympathy shows you care and feel sorry for the person for suffering so yes its a good thing..seroiusly you have allot shit to learn i thought i knew nothing compared to people my age but the more i chat with the more dummer they seem..maybe its just an internet thing.
   
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Marguerite Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
Marguerite's Avatar
 
Name: Marguerite
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Posts: 1,064
Blog Entries: 2
Join Date: June 1st 2010

Re: depression - July 21st 2010, 10:31 AM

Um, I barely mentioned anything about a job. The thing about the lottery was an analogy which basically meant 'You can't wait around for things to happen for you, you have to work towards them'.

You insult me for saying that being teased is 'not that big of a deal' (And I know it can be life changing, but in the scheme of the world, it isn't, is it? I mean we talk about our own problems and yet people are starving to death, dying in wars, being phsyically abused etc..) and yet you felt free to tell me my problems were 'not a big deal' and that was fine? You're right, they aren't. I just thought it was kind of rude the way you went about it and odd that you think yours are end of the world type problems.

Look, I didn't want to insult you, all I wanted to do was help. I feel becoming a bit snarky (Considering whether to point out the irony in you spelling dumber wrong?) but you have told me my problems are not a big deal, called me dumb, 'fucking rude' for trying to help you (or 'fkn' as you would say) and I have only returned those comments with compassion.

I could sit here and give you advice to be told what a horrible person you are, but I think it's time I have a reality check: You don't want help, you just want people to feel sorry for you.

Until you actually change your mind and decide you want your life to get better then there is no point trying to help you anyway.

As for pity, it is not good thing. Don't be fooled. Empathy is a good thing, and I've tried to show you that.

Pity is just feeling sorry for someone. Why would you want someone to just show you that, that they think their lives are better than yours with a quick 'Wow that's horrible stay strong' opposed to someone spending like 20 minutes (as I did) thinking up a long, thoughtful reply in order to empathise with you and try and help? Of course, only to be told that i'm 'fkn rude'.

Obviously that didn't work, and I'm sorry, I truly, honestly apologise and I wish nothing but the best for you. I really hope that you can reconnect with your friends and family. I know life is unfair sometimes but I think you are a really strong and intelligent person who is, as it is obvious to me, a survivor.

Now ignore all that please, and all of my other replies, as I wont be replying again and I'll give you what you wanted from the start:

I'm sorry your life sucks.
   
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
floatingangel Offline
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
floatingangel's Avatar
 
Age: 28
Gender: Female

Posts: 308
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: depression - July 21st 2010, 04:49 PM

Hey Misery, to be honest, you have to take a step back and look at your life objectively. what could have happened that caused you to have no friends like you said? sometimes, it could be that you feel bad about yourself, feel bad about everything else, and in the end, people can see that... think about it, are there people you judge against? are there people you don't like being around?
nobody is perfect. and one thing i can tell you is that people like people who're optimistic and who're interested in them. try that, try talking gently to people around you with love that you find you never received.
and marguerite is sincerely trying to help you and i can see that.. don't diss her words and judge them like that. i hope that once you calm down and take a more objective look at your life, you'd see that..
<3



and the voice of truth tells me a different story
the voice of truth says "do not be afraid"
   
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
TeenMisery Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
TeenMisery's Avatar
 
Name: U dnt need 2 noe
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: New york city

Posts: 18
Join Date: July 15th 2010

Re: depression - July 22nd 2010, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marguerite View Post
Um, I barely mentioned anything about a job. The thing about the lottery was an analogy which basically meant 'You can't wait around for things to happen for you, you have to work towards them'.

You insult me for saying that being teased is 'not that big of a deal' (And I know it can be life changing, but in the scheme of the world, it isn't, is it? I mean we talk about our own problems and yet people are starving to death, dying in wars, being phsyically abused etc..) and yet you felt free to tell me my problems were 'not a big deal' and that was fine? You're right, they aren't. I just thought it was kind of rude the way you went about it and odd that you think yours are end of the world type problems.

Look, I didn't want to insult you, all I wanted to do was help. I feel becoming a bit snarky (Considering whether to point out the irony in you spelling dumber wrong?) but you have told me my problems are not a big deal, called me dumb, 'fucking rude' for trying to help you (or 'fkn' as you would say) and I have only returned those comments with compassion.

I could sit here and give you advice to be told what a horrible person you are, but I think it's time I have a reality check: You don't want help, you just want people to feel sorry for you.

Until you actually change your mind and decide you want your life to get better then there is no point trying to help you anyway.

As for pity, it is not good thing. Don't be fooled. Empathy is a good thing, and I've tried to show you that.

Pity is just feeling sorry for someone. Why would you want someone to just show you that, that they think their lives are better than yours with a quick 'Wow that's horrible stay strong' opposed to someone spending like 20 minutes (as I did) thinking up a long, thoughtful reply in order to empathise with you and try and help? Of course, only to be told that i'm 'fkn rude'.

Obviously that didn't work, and I'm sorry, I truly, honestly apologise and I wish nothing but the best for you. I really hope that you can reconnect with your friends and family. I know life is unfair sometimes but I think you are a really strong and intelligent person who is, as it is obvious to me, a survivor.

Now ignore all that please, and all of my other replies, as I wont be replying again and I'll give you what you wanted from the start:

I'm sorry your life sucks.
actaully you mentioned job like it was an answer to everything and thats all you needed to say in order to feel you have actually helped me/as if just igoure everything eles and work a job like if it wasnt bad enough i have a family who doesnt care and friends who dont care.you sounded very selfish when saying that.like you didnt give a dam about anybody only your self.

why are you sayinge if its scheme or not of the the world i don't have the answers to everything..if i did i wouldn't here asking for help.

you should also stop looking at people who are suffer theres a very small amount of people suffer then ones who ive happily..if you keep foucing on bad people you will never get any better..thats why you supposed to look at the good people to improve life.

if i didnt wnat my life to get better i wudnt have asked for help.also if u wanted u cud have given adivce but you didnt cuz you just needed a reason to not help cuz ur selfish.
   
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran
*************
 
.:Bibliophile:.'s Avatar
 
Gender: Just me

Posts: 16,929
Blog Entries: 1796
Join Date: January 18th 2009

Re: depression - July 23rd 2010, 12:46 AM

Hey there,

I know what it is like to need your parents support and not get it. It can really put a damper on life and make things seem impossible. However, you can get through it. Sometimes peoples parents cannot be there for them the way they need. This is not fair and there is no understanding it but their inadequecies as parents does not mean you cannot make it in life or that you will be alone forever.

You have to take some steps and view yourself as worth saving and things will fall into place. It might not happen in a day or a week or a month but with time things can improve you just have to believe in and love yourself.

Right now you may not have a lot of friends but you can gain some. I never really had friends until September of last year. I hated myself because of it. I thought people didn't view me as worthy and I thought I would be alone forever. September of 2009 I met some really great friends and they are the best people ever. They really care about me. They LOVE me and they support me. Although waiting for them to come into my life sucked I am glad I did because they are the best friends ever. Sometimes we have to wait a while for the good things to come but when the good things come they are really good.

As for your schooling; why not go back and get your GED (if you are in USA). That way you can skip high school and go straight to college. You might enjoy college more than high school because there are a lot more people, they are quite a bit more mature etc.

Try not to look at the problems in your life as a whole instead break them down.

Schooling; slowly go back and get your GED
Family; Maybe they cannot support you the way you need but you can and will find people who can over time.

Sometimes when I have a lot of problems going on I tend to look at them as a whole and get overwhelmed. If you take them on one at a time it might seem less overwhelming.

As for counseling; do you think you could look into going outside of school? If you have health insurance it might cover that. It might be something to look into.

I know life is really hard at the moment but things will work out you just need to keep on fighting.

If you ever need to chat please feel free to pm me.

Jenna


|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|
   
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
Marguerite Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
Marguerite's Avatar
 
Name: Marguerite
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Posts: 1,064
Blog Entries: 2
Join Date: June 1st 2010

Re: depression - July 23rd 2010, 09:50 AM

Sorry, I know I said I wasn't going to answer but you are the rudest person I have ever encountered. I'm sorry I wasn't able to help you but I tried too.

Maybe if you weren't so horrible to people your life would be a little easier.

Even though you treated me like that I still hope that you make peace with your family and find something in your life that you enjoy. Everyone deserves to be happy
   
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
TeenMisery Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
TeenMisery's Avatar
 
Name: U dnt need 2 noe
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: New york city

Posts: 18
Join Date: July 15th 2010

Re: depression - July 24th 2010, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marguerite View Post
Sorry, I know I said I wasn't going to answer but you are the rudest person I have ever encountered. I'm sorry I wasn't able to help you but I tried too.

Maybe if you weren't so horrible to people your life would be a little easier.

Even though you treated me like that I still hope that you make peace with your family and find something in your life that you enjoy. Everyone deserves to be happy
I'm not the rudest person ever,I'm not horrible to anybody,i been trying to get my family the way i wanted for years,You have hope yet you give no form of advice in order to achieve that peace..hoping for it never works.

Quote:
Hey there,

I know what it is like to need your parents support and not get it. It can really put a damper on life and make things seem impossible. However, you can get through it. Sometimes peoples parents cannot be there for them the way they need. This is not fair and there is no understanding it but their inadequecies as parents does not mean you cannot make it in life or that you will be alone forever.


You have to take some steps and view yourself as worth saving and things will fall into place. It might not happen in a day or a week or a month but with time things can improve you just have to believe in and love yourself.

Right now you may not have a lot of friends but you can gain some. I never really had friends until September of last year. I hated myself because of it. I thought people didn't view me as worthy and I thought I would be alone forever. September of 2009 I met some really great friends and they are the best people ever. They really care about me. They LOVE me and they support me. Although waiting for them to come into my life sucked I am glad I did because they are the best friends ever. Sometimes we have to wait a while for the good things to come but when the good things come they are really good.

As for your schooling; why not go back and get your GED (if you are in USA). That way you can skip high school and go straight to college. You might enjoy college more than high school because there are a lot more people, they are quite a bit more mature etc.

Try not to look at the problems in your life as a whole instead break them down.

Schooling; slowly go back and get your GED
Family; Maybe they cannot support you the way you need but you can and will find people who can over time.

Sometimes when I have a lot of problems going on I tend to look at them as a whole and get overwhelmed. If you take them on one at a time it might seem less overwhelming.

As for counseling; do you think you could look into going outside of school? If you have health insurance it might cover that. It might be something to look into.

I know life is really hard at the moment but things will work out you just need to keep on fighting.

If you ever need to chat please feel free to pm me.

Jenna


okay first of all i been waiting for better for 5 years and i do not want to wait an longer..because i wat to enjoy my life when im young not when half my life has already passed.Loving and beliving in myself doesnt do shit..and i need my parents to be supportive and helpful esapcially since im going threw hell..and everybody around wanna be so dam selfish and insensetive can be a huge ass problem.
   
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
Angeal Offline
Member
Average Joe
***
 
Angeal's Avatar
 
Name: Ranada Givens
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Location: Biloxi Mississippi

Posts: 117
Join Date: June 7th 2010

Re: depression - July 24th 2010, 07:31 PM

I know how it is to cry your eyes out alone. I never had a mother, and my step-mom person isn't really one, she yells alot and I hate it. I've never dropped out of school, and don't want to. I can see where your coming from though, I have friends who are there for me, and I'm not a real people person. I'm not going to sit here and tell you that you should go back to school, it would be pointless, and really if you were getting teased and bullied to the point that you dropped out I don't blame you, I have thought about it before, but I knew that my dad would never have it. I think that what you really need to do is look inside yourself. Sometimes when we get depressed we lose the real us. The real meaning of ourselves and we focus on the wrong that lifes thrown at us. Maybe, God is using this and the way your lifes been going is so you can help other people, because you know how it is. Just remeber there is always a light at the end of the tunnel, no matter how far away it might be, and sometimes we do have to travel a very long, rocky road before we find it. In the end we will reach it.

PM anytime you think you might want to talk. I'll be more than happy to help.
   
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
TeenMisery Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
TeenMisery's Avatar
 
Name: U dnt need 2 noe
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: New york city

Posts: 18
Join Date: July 15th 2010

Re: depression - July 25th 2010, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeal View Post
I know how it is to cry your eyes out alone. I never had a mother, and my step-mom person isn't really one, she yells alot and I hate it. I've never dropped out of school, and don't want to. I can see where your coming from though, I have friends who are there for me, and I'm not a real people person. I'm not going to sit here and tell you that you should go back to school, it would be pointless, and really if you were getting teased and bullied to the point that you dropped out I don't blame you, I have thought about it before, but I knew that my dad would never have it. I think that what you really need to do is look inside yourself. Sometimes when we get depressed we lose the real us. The real meaning of ourselves and we focus on the wrong that lifes thrown at us. Maybe, God is using this and the way your lifes been going is so you can help other people, because you know how it is. Just remeber there is always a light at the end of the tunnel, no matter how far away it might be, and sometimes we do have to travel a very long, rocky road before we find it. In the end we will reach it.

PM anytime you think you might want to talk. I'll be more than happy to help.
this isnt about loosing the real me..im not fake..and at times i am but i catch myself before people start hating me for it,im not foucing on the wrong i need get my life toghter im 18 at this point in time people have there life well put toghter,i dont know any 18 whos so unsure like me..people dont even belive im 18 cuz im mentally probably a child.even thought i want to grow up it seems like i never do.

i do not no longer want to travel to that tunnal..things will not get better iwiating for things to happen.
and this thread got over 200 views yet only 3 people responded..shows how selfish all of you are...and im sick of al you keep saying same things that i already learned on my own and thinknig its actually something i dont know.
   
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
Marguerite Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
Marguerite's Avatar
 
Name: Marguerite
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Posts: 1,064
Blog Entries: 2
Join Date: June 1st 2010

Re: depression - July 25th 2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenMisery View Post
and this thread got over 200 views yet only 3 people responded..shows how selfish all of you are...and im sick of al you keep saying same things that i already learned on my own and thinknig its actually something i dont know.
I know I keep saying I wont come back, but everytime I come here this is high up in the posts.

I think you are being truly unfair TeenMisery. Someone actually PMd me and asked me if I was okay after seeing your response to me. They said (and I quote) they were horrified you treated me the way you did when I was only trying to help.

Now, I really don't care. It did shock me a bit and I was a little upset, but I'm not going to get overly emotional over a thread on some website.

That said, I see you doing the same thing to the other people who replied and maybe it's not my place but I really don't understand the way you're acting.

I know you are upset and going through a hard time but it is no reason to take it out on people here who have only attempted to help you. They didn't have to. We are not paid counsellors. We only offer advice in hope we can help strangers on the internet, something we don't have to do and gain nothing from.

We didn't help you, and that sucks. I wish I could of.

It doesn't make us rude or selfish though. And for the people who didn't answer, they are not obligated to reply. I haven't seen you try to help anyone else on this website, does that mean you are selfish as well? Perhaps they didn't reply as they didn't wish to get insulted as those who have answered have been.

I'm not sure what you want. If there was one overall, great answer, then no one would be sad. Did you really think someone was going to say "It's easy! You don't need to put in any effort. You just need to lie back, press the red button and everything will become wonderful like magic!"

I can't believe you would actually act this way. I've tried to be civil. I would not want to insult someone going through a rough time. But for goodness sake. How about appreciating that people are trying to help (Regardless of whether they do) and stop acting like the world revolves around you.

I'm sorry for being rude, and I really hope this doesn't get me kicked off TH, but you've been nothing but nasty since your second post.


To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never, to forget

~Arundhati Roy
   
  (#22 (permalink)) Old
Alrex Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Alrex's Avatar
 
Name: Alex
Age: 29
Gender: Alien
Location: Richmond, BC, Canada

Posts: 613
Join Date: June 24th 2010

Re: depression - July 25th 2010, 01:43 PM

I read your posts, personally I think it might not be the people around you. It could play a factor, but also take into consideration you might need to change yourself.

Sorry if I am coming off blunt, but this is not a forum where people should come and rant so people feel sorry for them, this is a help forum.

Honestly, my life sounds a lot worse when I was younger. My family was completely dysfuntional. My dad took a hacksaw to my neck and sawed about an inch in putting which almost killed me and put me into a shock coma. My mom tried to stab my dad multiple times and my sister attempted suicide and I found her in on the bathroom floor in a pool of her own blood when I was like 12.

I never got along with my family members, it was as if all of my family members were at war, every single day and it is still going on. I don't even associate with them anymore.

Even still I don't expect people to feel sorry for me, so I rarely ever tell the story of my childhood. This was just a good example of how you are not the only one going through problems. I don't want people to feel sympathetic, and the only thing I wanted was advice.

We are all facing problems here, I suggest you lighten up a bit when people are trying to help you is all.
   
  (#23 (permalink)) Old
Alrex Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Alrex's Avatar
 
Name: Alex
Age: 29
Gender: Alien
Location: Richmond, BC, Canada

Posts: 613
Join Date: June 24th 2010

Re: depression - July 25th 2010, 01:48 PM

Sorry, now that I re-read it, it was a bit harsh

But you understand what I mean't hopefully!
   
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while
********
 
Whisperer's Avatar
 
Name: Alessa
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Location: USA

Posts: 1,937
Blog Entries: 118
Join Date: May 17th 2009

Re: depression - July 25th 2010, 11:56 PM

Hey there,
I am sorry you having a tough time. Stay strong. I've decided to close this thread as I feel it isn't productive arguing back and forth. If you would like, feel free to start a new thread. Remember, you don't have to follow someone's advice, they are just trying to help, they may not understand completely but they are doing their best. Please PM me if you have any questions.
Alessa


Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.
   
  (#25 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while
********
 
Whisperer's Avatar
 
Name: Alessa
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Location: USA

Posts: 1,937
Blog Entries: 118
Join Date: May 17th 2009

Re: depression - July 28th 2010, 03:16 AM

I have reopened this thread due to request of the OP. Please remember when posting to be considerate. Do the best you can do to help out but there is no need to compare whose life is worse. People are all in different situations and handle things differently and that doesn't mean they are doing it wrong. Feel free to give advice but remember it is their decision to follow the advice or not. If this thread turns into an argument that isn't productive I will close the thread again.
Thanks
Alessa


Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.
   
  (#26 (permalink)) Old
TeenMisery Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
TeenMisery's Avatar
 
Name: U dnt need 2 noe
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: New york city

Posts: 18
Join Date: July 15th 2010

Re: depression - July 29th 2010, 09:41 AM

Ok its opened and nobody replied and nobody is helping, You know i was referred from a friend to go get help from ,but deep inside i know people online dont care about anybody but themselves

why are people so selfish its like all anybody cares is themselves..out of 300 people only 3 respond its very selfish behavior.

Last edited by TeenMisery; July 29th 2010 at 09:53 AM.
   
  (#27 (permalink)) Old
Alrex Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Alrex's Avatar
 
Name: Alex
Age: 29
Gender: Alien
Location: Richmond, BC, Canada

Posts: 613
Join Date: June 24th 2010

Re: depression - July 29th 2010, 11:46 AM

This reminds me of why I stopped working customer service

I'm going to blame it due to miscommunication over the internet, but due to pms we have been exchanging, and pretty much all the posts in this thread, YOU have been coming off as if the internet and TeenHelp revolves around you.

This is a give and recieve forum. Not every has time to respond, or sometimes people don't want to give wrong advice so they don't post.

We aren't here to cater you, we are here to help you IF we can.

You also seem to ask for help, but reject everyone that is trying to help you.

Personally I would vote to re-lock this thread, and if the user wishes, re-create one after understanding this post.

Last edited by Alrex; July 29th 2010 at 11:58 AM.
   
  (#28 (permalink)) Old
Firesong3 Offline
Member
Average Joe
***
 
Firesong3's Avatar
 
Name: Nicola
Gender: Female
Location: At the bottom of the well

Posts: 106
Join Date: May 31st 2010

Re: depression - July 29th 2010, 12:07 PM

Well my dear, I care about you. I didn't post before because I thought you were getting enough advice, but if you feel you are being neglected, PM me and I'll listen to whatever you have to say. All of us on here are real people just like you, most of whom care about others and want to help. Sure there are a few trolls around but you get RL trolls too!

I know it's tough, just take it one step at a time, maybe get a book out of the library to help you if you think there's nobody to turn to. My personal favourite is Taming the Black Dog, it really cheered me up at some of the worst times and even today I flick through the pages occasionally to feel better
   
  (#29 (permalink)) Old
TeenMisery Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
TeenMisery's Avatar
 
Name: U dnt need 2 noe
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: New york city

Posts: 18
Join Date: July 15th 2010

Re: depression - July 30th 2010, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrex View Post
This reminds me of why I stopped working customer service

I'm going to blame it due to miscommunication over the internet, but due to pms we have been exchanging, and pretty much all the posts in this thread, YOU have been coming off as if the internet and TeenHelp revolves around you.

This is a give and recieve forum. Not every has time to respond, or sometimes people don't want to give wrong advice so they don't post.

We aren't here to cater you, we are here to help you IF we can.

You also seem to ask for help, but reject everyone that is trying to help you.

Personally I would vote to re-lock this thread, and if the user wishes, re-create one after understanding this post.
Im not rejecting it..it just hasnt worked for me so no use tryingt things hat did not work out..people stop pming after they got no answers left and i hav proven them wrong..can never just admit ur wrong..closing wnt do nothing

aso u havent even replied to my pms and i tried my hardest to my calm all tthough i was so upset everything going on and how nobody wnts to copprte withme i got fed and started cursng its such bullshit i use up my type shit out and nobody fuking replies bak the next day..this isnt my first foru asking for help i had to fuking explain my dam self 200+ times..after awhile it sttarts to fuking get annoying when people leave without sayin shit and just tell stuff i did before and didnt work like was enough thats what u and Marguerite, she keeps blaming depression not knowing its the problems causng depression she also is a lame excuse for help.

Quote:
Well my dear, I care about you. I didn't post before because I thought you were getting enough advice, but if you feel you are being neglected, PM me and I'll listen to whatever you have to say. All of us on here are real people just like you, most of whom care about others and want to help. Sure there are a few trolls around but you get RL trolls too!

I know it's tough, just take it one step at a time, maybe get a book out of the library to help you if you think there's nobody to turn to. My personal favourite is Taming the Black Dog, it really cheered me up at some of the worst times and even today I flick through the pages occasionally to feel better
ight now i need people helping me not just listeing that wont do shit i got penlty of people willing 2 listen i need help!! key word is HELP!!! its not that hard to understand i feel like im the one cousling yoou uys if feels like u are the dumband im teaching u.

also a book wont slve my isues this isnt about how to spend my time cuz i will spend it reading some boring books i dont even like reading its uper boring shit. i need my issues solved not put aside.its fuking unfair to say something liek oh jus a rread book and things will be fine no it wont!!!!a god dam book cant do shit.

i need people to turn to not some stupid books.im so sick of explaining self its like nobody understands..
   
  (#30 (permalink)) Old
Firesong3 Offline
Member
Average Joe
***
 
Firesong3's Avatar
 
Name: Nicola
Gender: Female
Location: At the bottom of the well

Posts: 106
Join Date: May 31st 2010

Re: depression - July 30th 2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenMisery View Post

ight now i need people helping me not just listeing that wont do shit i got penlty of people willing 2 listen i need help!! key word is HELP!!! its not that hard to understand i feel like im the one cousling yoou uys if feels like u are the dumband im teaching u.

also a book wont slve my isues this isnt about how to spend my time cuz i will spend it reading some boring books i dont even like reading its uper boring shit. i need my issues solved not put aside.its fuking unfair to say something liek oh jus a rread book and things will be fine no it wont!!!!a god dam book cant do shit.

i need people to turn to not some stupid books.im so sick of explaining self its like nobody understands..
Well, you could try it anyway

And the reason why we can't give you the help you want is because you need to turn to the people in your own life for that. We're here to try and offer advice, support and yes, to listen, but we can't very well come and pull you out of your situation physically. The only person who can really do that is you. I'm sorry that I don't have a pair of fairy wings and a wand to fly over and wish your life better, but I don't, so I recommend what helps me. A book doesn't make it all go away, but it's a start (for me).

And as for solutions, I don't know your situation in detail! That's why I can't say Step 1, this, Step 2, that, nobody can. We're not professionals and we don't even know the full situation. So I'm sorry you feel like we're letting you down, but somehow I think you'll be ok on your own if you feel it easy to reject our help.
   
  (#31 (permalink)) Old
Angeal Offline
Member
Average Joe
***
 
Angeal's Avatar
 
Name: Ranada Givens
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Location: Biloxi Mississippi

Posts: 117
Join Date: June 7th 2010

Re: depression - July 30th 2010, 04:57 PM

You might want to try and read the book. You never know it might just help you. You keep saying how everyone is selfish, and quiet frankly your sounding pretty selfish. You say you want help, but how you keep shooting people down it sounds like your being pretty selfish. Some people may read threads, but don't know how to reply, so they don't want to reply and say the wrong thing.I wasn't calling you a fake neither.(I'M SORRY THIS SOUNDS HARSH)

If your parents and home life are really that horrible, then you should get a job, save up some money and then move away from them. You should stop feeling sorry for yourself, because if you keep it up you'll just think about your problems constently and it won't do no good. You say that no one cares, well I care, and if you ever want to talk, feel free to PM me. Maybe you should go out. You can't drink because your obviously under the legal age, but you can go out to eat, or do something fun, maybe bowling, and it's a great way to meet people. You never know, someone might be looking for a friend also. You said something about a weddng, you could have tried to meet some people there and make friends. To me it sounds like you don't want to try and make friends, you just want to sit around and feel sorry for yourself. You should also try and meet new people instead of advoiding people.

Just remeber if you ever want to talk, feel free to PM me anytime. I'm more than willing to help.
   
  (#32 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while
********
 
Whisperer's Avatar
 
Name: Alessa
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Location: USA

Posts: 1,937
Blog Entries: 118
Join Date: May 17th 2009

Re: depression - July 31st 2010, 02:22 AM

Listen up guys, this thread isn't being very productive. If the arguing continues, I will close the thread again and not reopen it. There are other ways such as Helplink and Livehelp to get advice and support.


Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.
   
  (#33 (permalink)) Old
TeenMisery Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
TeenMisery's Avatar
 
Name: U dnt need 2 noe
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: New york city

Posts: 18
Join Date: July 15th 2010

Re: depression - August 3rd 2010, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firesong3 View Post
Well, you could try it anyway

And the reason why we can't give you the help you want is because you need to turn to the people in your own life for that. We're here to try and offer advice, support and yes, to listen, but we can't very well come and pull you out of your situation physically. The only person who can really do that is you. I'm sorry that I don't have a pair of fairy wings and a wand to fly over and wish your life better, but I don't, so I recommend what helps me. A book doesn't make it all go away, but it's a start (for me).

And as for solutions, I don't know your situation in detail! That's why I can't say Step 1, this, Step 2, that, nobody can. We're not professionals and we don't even know the full situation. So I'm sorry you feel like we're letting you down, but somehow I think you'll be ok on your own if you feel it easy to reject our help.
No i do not want fucking people to know i spend my god dam summer reading books thats stupid and boring.

I explained my problems in enough detail for somebody to help me,and if you need any more detail on any problem ask queastions..leaving out detail that i feel inst nesscary is why i didnt add so much,i felt like giving people too much to read wont get many replies/i will ot be online i know my sitution is getting worse and things are getting better and im not an ok postion.

You might want to try and read the book. You never know it might just help you. You keep saying how everyone is selfish, and quiet frankly your sounding pretty selfish. You say you want help, but how you keep shooting people down it sounds like your being pretty selfish. Some people may read threads, but don't know how to reply, so they don't want to reply and say the wrong thing.I wasn't calling you a fake neither.(I'M SORRY THIS SOUNDS HARSH)

Quote:
If your parents and home life are really that horrible, then you should get a job, save up some money and then move away from them. You should stop feeling sorry for yourself, because if you keep it up you'll just think about your problems constently and it won't do no good. You say that no one cares, well I care, and if you ever want to talk, feel free to PM me. Maybe you should go out. You can't drink because your obviously under the legal age, but you can go out to eat, or do something fun, maybe bowling, and it's a great way to meet people. You never know, someone might be looking for a friend also. You said something about a weddng, you could have tried to meet some people there and make friends. To me it sounds like you don't want to try and make friends, you just want to sit around and feel sorry for yourself. You should also try and meet new people instead of advoiding people.

Just remeber if you ever want to talk, feel free to PM me anytime. I'm more than willing to help.
im not shootnig people down i told them it wont work,and i have reasons for it very good reasons.im not being selfish just cause i want help.Well out of 400 people all them are just dumb?

also i hate working jobs,and i never did saving enough to move out will eventually run out.Im in need of support not being own my own.if i do be on my own how can i possibly get support.I hate going out i told you i lost interest in many thiings and being around people really annoy me people look at me funny..i have tired making friends but they did not live in new york..they all lived in outter states like mary land and new jersy..etc..so there is no way wed be able to chill out.Im not avoiding people they happen to avoid me,its hard when everyone around is so cocky.
   
  (#34 (permalink)) Old
katniss Offline
Member
Not a n00b
**
 
katniss's Avatar
 
Name: Sarah
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Location: Ohio is for Lovers

Posts: 85
Join Date: July 28th 2010

Re: depression - August 3rd 2010, 02:38 AM

All I want to say is this: To be happy in your life, you have to WANT to be happy. You have to make the effort, even when it's difficult. You have to want it, and work for it, you can't just expect people to have sympathy when you won't listen to anything anyone tries to say. Everyone is just trying to help, because they care about you. In order for people to continue caring about you and your feelings, you have to care about their feelings too, and maybe things will turn around for the better.
Hope this helps.
   
  (#35 (permalink)) Old
TeenMisery Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
TeenMisery's Avatar
 
Name: U dnt need 2 noe
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Location: New york city

Posts: 18
Join Date: July 15th 2010

Re: depression - August 6th 2010, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katniss View Post
All I want to say is this: To be happy in your life, you have to WANT to be happy. You have to make the effort, even when it's difficult. You have to want it, and work for it, you can't just expect people to have sympathy when you won't listen to anything anyone tries to say. Everyone is just trying to help, because they care about you. In order for people to continue caring about you and your feelings, you have to care about their feelings too, and maybe things will turn around for the better.
Hope this helps.
if i didnt want to be happy i wudnt hav asked for help,if i didnt want t make en effort i wouldnt have said ive tired that and it didnt work,if i didnt want a better reltionship then i wudnt have asked for help,i do listen to the people who help me but its always the same old crap i heard a million times before and that i have done and did not work..so cant blame me for wanting to do things that only makes things worse!!!
   
  (#36 (permalink)) Old
~*Rach*~ Offline
FREE HUGS! :D
Not a n00b
**
 
~*Rach*~'s Avatar
 
Age: 25
Gender: Other

Posts: 75
Blog Entries: 13
Join Date: January 30th 2010

Re: depression - August 6th 2010, 11:56 AM

Im really sorry to hear your having such a hard time
I wish I could be there to help you.... But I cant....
Do you have anyone you could access for help near you??
Feel free to pm me any time.....
Just one more thing....
Try to smile



Smile!!
You are gorgous! Always remember that
Feel Free to PM me any time.
"The fear of fighting is a fighting fear"
   
  (#37 (permalink)) Old
spirowilliam Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
spirowilliam's Avatar
 

Posts: 4
Join Date: August 9th 2010

Re: depression - August 9th 2010, 02:07 PM

I was also suffered by the depression but it is the part of the life and I was getting out from it by concern with a psychiatric and with following to the schedule of the exercise as Yoga and diet. It was helpful to increase concentrate in my activity.
   
  (#38 (permalink)) Old
SaveMe Offline
Member
Regular TeenHelper
*****
 
SaveMe's Avatar
 
Name: Natasha
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Location: Canada

Posts: 351
Blog Entries: 6
Join Date: July 10th 2009

Re: depression - August 9th 2010, 11:45 PM

Hey there,

I may not have been in the same situation as you but I have been through some hard times myself as have many other people on Teen Help. I understand you may not have friends and that must be really hard to deal with. I also went through something like that. I realized later on that they left because I simply did not treat them fairly. I know you're hurting and it's really hard sometimes. I know some peoples advice may not help you. The thing is though, they are trying. I don't know about you, but that would at least give me a little bit more hope. Knowing people care enough to take the time to give you advice and do the best of their ability. Some of the suggestions may seem odd to you, but try them anyway you never know what could help. You'd actually be pretty surprised at what can really make you happy. Have you looked at the Reasons To Live or the Hold on (To Hope) threads? I find they give me at least a little bit of hope and make me feel a little better. Another thing the helps, it watching something maybe really stupid but funny. Laughter is the best medicine ! Remember stay strong and if you need to talk feel free to PM me (:


And she fights so you won't ignore her,
'cause thats her biggest fear.

Support
Love<3





Keep your head up gorgeous,
they'll kill to see you
fall..
  Send a message via AIM to SaveMe  
  (#39 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran
*************
 
PSY's Avatar
 
Name: Robin
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Location: Southern California

Posts: 10,028
Blog Entries: 35
Join Date: June 12th 2009

Re: depression - August 11th 2010, 09:54 AM

TeenMisery,

It seems many of TeenHelp's members have misunderstood you, and therefore have not been able to offer the answers, advice, solutions, or words of comfort that you're looking for.

So please, help us help you. What exactly is it that you want us to do? Are you looking for us to sympathize with you? Many of us do. Are you looking for resources, such as phone numbers for support groups and local charities? We can do our best to provide those as well. Are you looking for advice on how to be happier? We have already tried to do that, but we can keep trying. We would be happy to do ANY of these things for you.

But first, we need to understand the situation better. You've basically said that all our advice to you is crap, that our words mean nothing, and that our actions are selfish. If that's the case, what can we do to offer better advice, words that mean something, and actions that are unselfish?

I am truly sorry to hear about your situation, and I do hope that you will find happiness and peace soon.






Last edited by PSY; August 11th 2010 at 10:09 AM.
   
  (#40 (permalink)) Old
HopelessVictim Offline
Love Me Before I Parish♥
Average Joe
***
 
HopelessVictim's Avatar
 
Name: April J.
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Location: Land Of The Freaks

Posts: 176
Blog Entries: 4
Join Date: July 26th 2010

Re: depression - August 11th 2010, 06:20 PM

TeenMisery,

I read through this entire thread, and I couldn't help noticing how rude you were being to the people who tried to help you. Truth is, they didn't have to help you at all. All of the people who helped you had other things they could have been doing besides giving you advice. So instead of telling them how their advice is crap, maybe you should think about how they were kind enough to even give you the advice to begin with because they didn't have to give it to you at all.

I hope your life gets better soon and that you realise that we are all only trying to help you.

-April


8262010
The Day I First Cut Myself...
   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
depression

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All material copyright 1998-2019, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.