TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount7

Edit avatar

Worthless - July 15th 2010, 04:15 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I just don't even care anymore. I'm like this zombie who goes to work and comes home and cooks, and cleans and just exists.
I 'm not benefitting anyone by being here. I'm not good at anything, I can't do my job anymore, I can't get good grades, I can't even clean a bloody fridge right, apparently. I disappoint all the time. No one is proud of me - there's nothing to be proud of.
I'm sick of people pointing out these little flaws. It just adds up to how I'm such a freaking waste of space. They're totally right. I don't think anyone would even miss me if I did just vanish.I don't even see the reasoning behind NOT doing it anymore...it's like I'm saving people the hassle of putting up with me. I'm totally worthless.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Artimaeus Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tyler

Re: Worthless - July 15th 2010, 05:45 PM

I don't know you, Jo...but you're not worthless. Everyone has a place in the world. If there really is notrhing that you are good at, then that just means you haven't found it yet. Everyone has a nack (Sp.) for something. Doing the same thing over and over is boring, and it can wear (Sp.) you down, but just keep on going. Don't let people bother you, try to ignore them. I know it's difficult, but just try. You are a good person. You deserve to be around just like everyone else. Please, don't give up.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DarkSeph Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Liam

Re: Worthless - July 15th 2010, 06:56 PM

You are not worthless. Anyone who says otherwise is NOT right, and deep down I'm certain you know that. I'm sure you have plenty of talents. And judging from your posts you're a really nice person, which is something you should be proud of. Be proud of who you are. People who pick out flaws and judge others aren't worth your time. I'm certain a lot more people care than you might think too. Don't let other people's opinions get you down.

Currently inactive...
  Send a message via MSN to DarkSeph  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount7

Edit avatar

Re: Worthless - July 15th 2010, 08:35 PM

It's hard to not feel it. I've spent my life trying to make people proud of me, especially my parents, but they're so difficult to please and these days they act like I'm such a let down, the tones of their voices make it sound like they've just given up on me. I'm really not good at anything. My grades only come from hours of endless work and patience, rather than smarts, and I haven't got any real skills in anything, except making tea.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Worthless - July 15th 2010, 10:29 PM

If your parents are using the "making someone feel bad is the best way to make them improve " method... their methods may as well be thrown into a damned thrash can.. be taken into the dumpster.. thrown into the rubbish dump.. and then get kicked into godknowswhichdimension by a chuck norris roundhouse kick amplified by lex luthors power amplifier. I think that you're definitely a better person than you think you are.

Have faith and confidence in yourself. You are most definitely someone worthy to know, worthy of care, and capable of so much. You should join more activities.. because from what you posted on here your schedule is too busy and monotonous.. so much so it bores you so much. try having some other things.. anything from maybe dance classes or sports or anything fun. it'll help you feel much better about yourself, and chances are you'll discover that you're way better at something than most people are everyone has their talents.. no one is lousy at everything.

remember we're always around to support you, whatever it takes

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
ChelseaSmile Offline
They Were Wrong
Average Joe

Name: Chelsea

Re: Worthless - July 15th 2010, 11:38 PM

Your not totally worthless.
And you deserve to keep living.
Everyone has a purpose in life, you have yours.
Surround yourself with better people, get a different job. Maybe these things would help?
Believe that your life is worth living, and your belief will help create the fact.
Message me if you ever need anything. Or to talk.
-Bryri
  Send a message via Skype™ to ChelseaSmile 
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Worthless - July 15th 2010, 11:41 PM

Parents can be very frustrating sometimes, and your parents are not dissapointed or sick of you, they haven't given up on you, they're just being stubborn and strict. Sometimes parents think they're doing good by acting this way when they really aren't, and you need to stand up and defend yourself because you do have a purpose and you are not worthless. You need to tell them to stop pestering you and tell them how it is making you feel, and if they don't want you around you'll move out someplace else. That'll really make them think.
Also, your schooling can't be nearly as bad as my grades were, if you need a rest from it and then come back and finish later, you can do that. I had to do that. Your studying and everything will come in handy and you'll eventually be finished, and all your hard work will show to be useful.
As for work, you should feel lucky you even have a job. Here where I live it's very hard finding a job because the economy is terrible, I'm trying my hardest just to find a place to work, even part-time would do just fine.
Something good will happen if you just be patient, people would miss you if you left, so don't think about suicide or anything like that, it's not worth it.

Closed Thread