TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

NOT okay... - July 15th 2010, 05:41 PM

I'm so...mixed with feelings. You can't tell how I sound, obviously but I'm very very pissed off, and very hurt.

This dumbass I dated online a few years ago had lied to me, saying a bunch of his friends were killed in a crash. So I cried cause I felt bad for him.

...I became suspicious and no newspapers near him reported it. It would be big news. Nothing.

After a couple weeks he admitted he lied. And we broke up. I stayed friends with him after a few months of forgiving him.

Last night, in middle of my class, someone sends me an e-mail (I was sending homework to myself) and a friend e-mailed it to me, where I burst into tears immediately and left the room to cry in the hallway.

Anywho, come to find out it was a lie, but every other friend of his thinks he's telling the truth. A hacker got his phone and went to a website and posted his death. I don't believe it from my previous experience with HIM and people in general.

Basics: I'm not naive. Others are. I am now a bitch. I feel really tired of the fake deaths. Even people on TH do it. Or they lie they're in a hosptial (not everyone, but some)

.....and it's really gotten my spirits low. Ha I doubt anyone will read all this but dammit to hell...I just feel like giving up. If this is how the whole world is...why do I want to be in it?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DarkSeph Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Liam

Re: NOT okay... - July 15th 2010, 06:50 PM

I can kind of relate to how you feel. It's more than frustrating when one person lies and makes up awful things and everyone automatically believes them. Makes you wonder what the point is when everyone is either going to lie, or be completely gullible and believe the lies without question. And it's even worse when it's someone close to you. =/

I can tell you however, that not everyone is like that. There are honest, sensible people out there in the world. People like the ones you mentioned aren't worth being upset over. You're better than them, they aren't worth your time. Keep positive.

Currently inactive...
  Send a message via MSN to DarkSeph  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: NOT okay... - July 15th 2010, 06:54 PM

Hey,

Sadly enough, I know exactly how you feel. I have a hard time trusting in what anyone says, and have seen TH users lie about various things in the past, like mental illnesses, hospitalization, friends/family dying, being abused, being raped, etc. and it's sickening. I've even had friends/acquaintances in real life lie about mental health issues, abuse, and other various issues.

And well, when so many people lie, it becomes disheartening, makes you not want to talk to people, makes you just want to disassociate from all the ugly in the world. And, I can't really blame you.

But, the main reason I don't disassociate from everyone, or just contemplate ways to escape it all, is for the people out there who ARE honest, good people. They're not a common breed, but they do exist. And well, why not let those good people find a friend in someone else of the same type? I mean, I'm honest, I don't fabricate things, I don't tell fictitious stories, or try to draw attention to myself, and I like finding people the same way. And well, if I withdrew myself, others with the same mindset as myself, and seemingly you, would be less likely to meet each other, thus less likely to get a little more hope in the human race.

Keep your chin up, and just, stay a bit skeptical. It'll help you keep on your toes and avoid the liars and frauds taking advantage of your kind nature.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: NOT okay... - July 15th 2010, 09:10 PM

Hey guys, I wanted to let you know, your posts really made a lot of sense to me. They were simple, but it worked and hit home. I guess I just needed to know I'm not the only one who sees these things.

I appreciate it. You are very right. Have to believe in those who are honest.

<3 TH

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: NOT okay... - July 15th 2010, 10:22 PM

agreed honest people do exist. And some of them are definitely people you're talking to .(hint hint ) but the fact that is that you have to be able to tell those who're trustworthy from those who arent. But the problem is that those who're untrustworthy are masters in the art of looking trustworthy... either way, there IS a difference

i know your day will get better! always here to support and listen

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

Closed Thread