TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Rosefire9 Offline
Tree-Hugging Dirt Worshiper :)
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: April Nicole Jones

No Longer Happy - July 18th 2010, 11:43 PM

I really need some help, if any of you are willing to give it. I don't care who it's from, as long as it's good advice.

Well, I'm only 13, turning 14 this November and I already feel tired of life. I want to kill myself so badly. I live with alchoholic parents, a mom who's only priority when drunk is staying drunk, and a dad who's always pissy even when he doesn't drink. I've gone through so many terrible things, and there was a time not to long ago when I was happy and I had no reason to be. Now I'm depressed and suicidal and I have every reason to be, even though my friends all say I have a good life they don't really know what happens when they aren't around. Nothing makes me happy anymore. Not even doing things I once enjoyed. I want to tell somebody in my family but I'm afraid they will either judge me or make me go through a mental evaluation to make sure I'm not insane. I've been to counseling but it never helped. I don't know what to do anymore.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: No Longer Happy - July 19th 2010, 01:45 AM

Hey there,
Sounds like you are going through a rough time, but that doesn't mean you should give up! I understand living with alchoholic parents can be hard but you are strong enough to still get through life and deserve to be happy. I know it may be scary to tell someone how you are feeling, but you'd be suprised how many people are so understanding. Sometimes just having a friend that knows what you're going through and is by your side makes a huge difference. It's definately worth a try too. Keep looking for things that spark your interest. They don't have to make you happy, just keep you from being depressed. It took me a while to find what worked for me but so far it's volunteering at the animal shelter near me, coloring, and making collages with positive sayings! It may sound cheesy, but it all adds up. Keep your head held high, you will get through this.
I'm always here if you'd like to talk,
Alessa

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Rosefire9 Offline
Tree-Hugging Dirt Worshiper :)
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: April Nicole Jones

Re: No Longer Happy - July 19th 2010, 02:12 AM

Thank you so much Alessa!
I know of one such friend who would probably not judge, I just don't have any way to get a hold of him at the moment. But when school starts, hopefully I'll have the chance to talk to him.
I'll try to find things that keep my mind off of my depression-right now, I think that one thing is writing poems which is what I have been doing lately, but I'm not sure just yet.
I really like the advice you give too. I felt happier just reading your suggestions And seeing that you are the moderator of the Depression and Suicide forum, I know your probably very experienced with advice giving. I really appriciate your help, it should work very soon if I talk to somebody and get started on finding some activities. I may just even be able to talk to my parents when they are sober. ^_^

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: No Longer Happy - July 19th 2010, 07:07 PM

That sounds like a great idea! I'm glad my advice helped! I also right poems when I'm in the mood. People always told me to keep a journal, but I just could never write my feelings or anything. So I just wrote poems about my moods and stuff and it's a great way to express yourself. Good luck with talking to your friend and parents! Let me know how it goes!

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
ChelseaSmile Offline
They Were Wrong
Average Joe

Name: Chelsea

Re: No Longer Happy - July 19th 2010, 07:25 PM

I'm sorry, and I feel sort of the same.
But your life is worth living. You'll get over it soon.
I promise. Just give it some time.
Message me if you need anything.
-Bryri
  Send a message via Skype™ to ChelseaSmile 
Closed Thread