TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
e228p Offline
Not a n00b

Name: dafpjdssf

I hate this! >< - July 23rd 2010, 10:29 AM

I feel like a piece of shit, I hate how I look, I hate how my friends see me as invisible, how they pick other people over me, how I just fade into the background of everything, how I give my friends advice, compliment them, do everything for them and they do fuck all for me in return.
I'd give anything to be somebody else.
I hate feeling this way.
I don't want to die, but I don't want to live anymore.
Help me, please..

(#2 (permalink)) Old
AmberS9109 Offline
I'll Be There For You =)
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Amber

Re: I hate this! >< - July 23rd 2010, 01:26 PM

I feel for you. I used to feel exactly how you do.
The thing is, if your friends are making you feel so inferior, then they're not really your friends. You need to get out and find some new friends and actually get to know them before hanging out with them every day and letting them into your life completely. Letting people in right away is one of the worst things you can do, especially if you don't really know who the person is and how the person acts on a regular basis.
And I'm sure you look fine. You sound like an intelligent girl who deserves the best in her life. But, to be blunt, life is never going to be easy. When it is easy, it's just going to get hard again. But like the saying goes "Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself". You're in complete control. So get rid of those other friends, because they're not worth your time. Get some friends who you enjoy being with and who would do anything for you in return of all the great things you do for them!
Don't hesitate to PM me if you need to talk.

Two is better than one.
Amber + Stephen ♥ 11.15.09
  Send a message via AIM to AmberS9109 Send a message via MSN to AmberS9109 Send a message via Yahoo to AmberS9109  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Nomophobia Offline
Music is my escape
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Muse

Re: I hate this! >< - July 23rd 2010, 02:35 PM

hey, I cant give much advice on this but, I really understand what you are going through cos I feel exactly the same at the moment! I'm here for you xx

"Friends are like stars; you don't always see them but you know they are always there"

"It gives me hope. I love you so much. You give me a reason to breathe. Its something for me to not kill myself for" >>> means so much :')

Paramore! <3
Pm me anytime, I like to help!
  Send a message via MSN to Nomophobia  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Rosefire9 Offline
Tree-Hugging Dirt Worshiper :)
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: April Nicole Jones

Re: I hate this! >< - July 23rd 2010, 03:38 PM

I don't really have any advice to offer because my life is exactly like yours. The reason me and alot of my friends grew apart last year was mainly because they had made new friends whom they chose over me. So I understand completely when it comes to that. However, when things got better, I made new friends who have never chosen anyone over me. So like Amber said, you should forget about your old friends and make some new ones who you KNOW will treat you the way you should be treated.

Hope your life gets better soon

(#5 (permalink)) Old
sirjan xerdaj Offline
Pinkly Smooth .
Average Joe

Name: Xerdaj Sirjan

Re: I hate this! >< - July 23rd 2010, 04:53 PM

I feel the same way right now. But if you really sit and think about it, is it all in your head? Maybe your the one doing too much for your friends. Make it 50/50. Treat them how they treat you, unless they're treating you like shit, then I suggest you tell them to off and find new friends. What I doing to fill the empty void have my friends come to me and if they don't I write poems and show them. If they're dumb enough not to understand then I admire their ignorance and go about my way. Maybe you should do the same.

PM if you want, we can nag and rant

[X E R D A J] ~Sessyrocks~
-=i wanna be your knight=-
  Send a message via AIM to sirjan xerdaj Send a message via MSN to sirjan xerdaj Send a message via Yahoo to sirjan xerdaj Send a message via Skype™ to sirjan xerdaj 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Max_99 Offline
Average Joe

Re: I hate this! >< - July 23rd 2010, 11:42 PM

I've most definetely felt the same way, but let me be a bit harsh.

You can never be someone else, you will always be you. It sounds as if your friends are very lucky to have you, but aren't the most suitable friends for you. I suggest that you join clubs/groups with people similar to your interests.

Be happy with you and only you, know that you can always be even slightly better than you are, there's always room to improve.

Happy trails and best of luck!

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Rooo Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I hate this! >< - July 24th 2010, 12:05 AM

www.operationbeautiful.com

~I'm Rosie
Feel free to private message me for MSN or facebook

(#8 (permalink)) Old
e228p Offline
Not a n00b

Name: dafpjdssf

Re: I hate this! >< - July 24th 2010, 06:56 AM

My friends don't really treat me like shit, I just wish they put more effort into being friends with me. They don't really understand what I'm going to, and if I try to talk to them about my problems, it ends in a fight leaving me feeling worse. They're friends with people who bully me & they don't do anything about it. I can't exactly up and make new friends because alot of people in my school dislike/tease me, and there's no clubs or anything in my school or town.

I can't stand how I look, I feel like the most vile looking, flawed person ever.

Closed Thread