TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
worthlesschild Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: roan

i need a friend - July 26th 2010, 03:45 PM

constantly on the verge of suicide, instantly withdrawn and depressed, so sensitive, i am looking for a friend. i need a friend one my age (13) and preferably someone i can relate to and understand. i am a vegetarian, eco-friendly boy who loves animals, anime, books, and is looking for love. that pretty much describes me and id really love a friend who can understand that and my depression. thank you if you can help.

Last edited by worthlesschild; July 26th 2010 at 04:00 PM.
  Send a message via Yahoo to worthlesschild  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
itsmekt Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: i need a friend - July 26th 2010, 05:13 PM

Hey I'm Katie! Im also vegetarian and I try to be eco-friendly when I can. I'm 16 so not exactly your age but I'm definitely here if you need someone to talk to.

I know how hard it is to go through depression and how lonely you can feel at times. But know that it will get better and don't give up hope.

I hope you find someone to talk to. I'm always here so PM me

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: i need a friend - July 26th 2010, 05:14 PM

Hi there Roan,

I'm sorry to hear that you feel as though you are constantly on the verge of suicide. Understandably, that must be very hard for you. Unfortunately around your age, it's actually quite common to have mood swings and feel low from time to time. However, if you're talking about suicide then it is extremely important that you do try and seek support for how you are feeling.

Talking to an adult, such as a guidance counsellor that you may have at school, could be very helpful to you. It's very good to try and open up and tell someone how you are feeling and it may help to have someone to listen to you and perhaps give you some input and advice. As for people around your age, it seems as though you have a lot of passions and interests. Have you considered joining any groups or clubs around where you live or at your school? There should be something that's suitable for you. That way, you'll be able to meet new people as well as indulging in your interests.

Of course, there's lots of people here willing to be your friend and to talk to you.

Take care.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
WordNerd
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Lindsay

Re: i need a friend - July 26th 2010, 06:39 PM

Hey Roan. I'lll be your friend if you want. Like itsmekt I'm older than you (17) but you seem like an interesting guy. message me if you would like to get to know me. :P I've had issues with depression and bipolar disorder and lots of other things like that haha.

"If you are going to tell the truth, be funny, or they'll kill you."
-Billy Wilder

My tumblr is mydalekromance.tumblr.com please visit me there.

feel free to contact me anytime.
Support for victims of sexual assault or abuse can be found here start the healing
  Send a message via AIM to llamasliketoparty  
Closed Thread