TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CoolBluAly Offline
<3 Live, Laugh, Love <3
Welcome me, I'm new!

No ones there - July 29th 2010, 11:09 PM

I litteraly feel like I have no one to talk to. I've been depressed all summer and I decided to be brave and invite some friends out to a movie last sunday. I invited like 8 people, one showed up. They all cancelled last minute and I feel like it's because of me. Plus, my mom made me go to the pool with her today and I tried to invite someone, and they cancelled last minute too, and the next person, and the next...
I just feel so alone. I went to a conference thing earlier this summer and met all these amazing people and we all became best friends, but they all live in different states. Why did this happen to me?? The one time I make amazing friends and we all had fun together and we all loved each other, they live in different states. My mom doesn't understand and says that they were people that I knew for only a week, but we became a family within a week.
Plus, I went to the pool alone today and I looked in the mirror in the bathroom and realized how much weight i've put on and it didn't help that my mom pointed out infront of the whole pool.
For the past 2 years I've put on a happy face and a smile and I've always been the support system for people but no one supports me or encourages me. I can't keep this up, and I don't know what to do. I just sat in the shower and I pressed my nails into my arm so bad now I have 4 huge welts on my arm, and I just don't know what to do or say.
Sorry if it's so long, but I just have no other place to rant and I feel like i've hit a dead end.

'If he wants a fight well now he's got one
And he ain't seen me crazy yet
He slapped my face and he shook me like a rag doll
Don't that sound like a real man?
I'm gonna show him what little girls are made of
Gunpowder and lead'

-Miranda Lambert, Gunpowder and Lead

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Justanotherteen Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: No ones there - July 30th 2010, 01:49 AM

CoolBluAly,
I totally understand where you are coming from, I feel like I'm at the same point in my life where I don't have friends to turn to or to hang out with. When you mentioned how you made really great friends at the conference, that's a great thing! You ARE capable of making friends easily and you definitely will in the future. Everyone goes through periods where they feel lonely or unsatisfied with their relationships with others. Just hang in there
The people you met at the conference- did you get their emails or phone numbers? Even if they don't live close by, its always good to reconnect!
PM me if you ever need to chat.
-Suzy

Closed Thread