TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Snufflez Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Aubrey

Scared to sleep - July 31st 2010, 04:59 AM

Basically, I'm afraid to lay down and attempt to go to sleep because I don't want to think about things. I'm going through a big relationship problem and I've been trying to distract myself for the past few days until I'm able to be calm enough (or alone long enough) to write it all down and post it. Whenever I go to sleep I end up laying there for a bit and thinking about it though. And I start to cry. Last night I ended up staying awake until 4, because I was so tired that I basically passed out, therefore, not thinking.

And I seem to do this a lot, not just with this relationship problem. Any time that I am depressed, I'll be afraid to think about it.

I know that this is not a healthy way to deal with it, but I don't know what else to do. My parents don't know about it, they just think I'm having trouble sleeping. Has anyone else gone through this or is going through this? I really need some advice on what to do.

Love is life, and if you miss out on love, you miss out on life. <3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Scared to sleep - July 31st 2010, 07:22 AM

Hey there,

I have this problem a lot too. One thing I found that helps with it is journaling. What I do is before I go to bed I will just journal whatever is on my mind and that helps me go to bed in peace. However, sometimes I will journal before bed, lay down and still have thought whirling around in my head. When that happens I sit up and journal some more and get the new thoughts out or whatever. It really helps because all those thoughts are no longer stuck in my head.

Journaling is hard for me to do at times because I feel like crying or whatever else but in the end it does really help me sleep.

Sometimes I also read. When I am really tired and I pick up a book it sometimes has the ability to put me to sleep. If you don't want to try the journaling then this might be an alternative.

Lastly, I listen to loud music. When I have music blasting in my ears it is hard as heck to think about the thoughts in my head and eventually I calm down enough and fall asleep.

I don't know if these things will work for you but I thought I would share with you the things that work best for me. I also hope that soon enough you will be able to share whatever is bothering you with us. I know that is hard and sometimes it takes a while to get our thoughts in order but when you do we would all be happy to hear what is going on and hopefully support you through it all.

Best of luck and if you need anything feel free to pm me.

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: Scared to sleep - July 31st 2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snufflez View Post
Basically, I'm afraid to lay down and attempt to go to sleep because I don't want to think about things. I'm going through a big relationship problem and I've been trying to distract myself for the past few days until I'm able to be calm enough (or alone long enough) to write it all down and post it. Whenever I go to sleep I end up laying there for a bit and thinking about it though. And I start to cry. Last night I ended up staying awake until 4, because I was so tired that I basically passed out, therefore, not thinking.

And I seem to do this a lot, not just with this relationship problem. Any time that I am depressed, I'll be afraid to think about it.

I know that this is not a healthy way to deal with it, but I don't know what else to do. My parents don't know about it, they just think I'm having trouble sleeping. Has anyone else gone through this or is going through this? I really need some advice on what to do.
You have to confront it. When you are having a problem, don't be afraid to think about it. I myself am having problems with sleeping but what I do know is that what you are doing is showing that in your heart you are running away from acknowledging facts or facing what you need to face.

This relationship problem, think about it and decide what next, but don't be afraid cause if you are you will always be held hostage by fear.

I came here to help out, so if you wanna talk or just need someone to bounce ideas or issues off of or something else then send me a message and I will reply as soon as I can.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
spirowilliam Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Scared to sleep - August 9th 2010, 01:15 PM

It is your myth of your mind. Brain has two parts like active and inactive part. When person suffered by the different circumstances then it memories can be save in the inactive part. So it is require to solve its otherwise it harmful to the health. You should concern the psychiatrist to get the better suggestion and medication.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
LostInsideofMe Offline
Shadow-in-the-Background
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Britta

Re: Scared to sleep - August 11th 2010, 03:41 AM

Hey. =]

I do the exact same thing, but I still struggle with it. I usually don't sleep until 6 or 7 the next morning. I get in trouble every day for staying up. I can't tell my guardians why I don't sleep.

So, PM or add me as friends if you ever need to talk!

XxXx - Britta

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Keyblade Offline
Average Joe

Re: Scared to sleep - August 12th 2010, 09:41 PM

I know this feeling. I can't go to sleep either cuz im depressed as well. Its either cuz of relationships, parents, friends, or sumthin deeper than that. For me , i dont like the fact that i'm growing up so I lay there and start to cry about it. I also stay up late jst to push the fact ot of my head. I rly think the best thing you can do about it is to face it. I tell myself that no matter how old I get, I'll always be myself. And if your still sad about ur relationship, just think this: The person was stupid for ever of dumped u! U r beautiful inside and out! And you can do soo much better! I hope this helps, and if it does jst PM me if you wanna talk

Closed Thread