TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Random_Hero Offline
Not a n00b

Name: armand

nightmares - August 2nd 2010, 03:38 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

i have been having realy terrifying night mares everytime i fall asleep... my fathers been dead for ten yeaars and i miss him so bad ...but in the dream he isnt so happy to see me and he tells me im pathetic and that i will be alone because i failed him as a son..then he blows his brains out and the bullet goes though the door into my mom and thers meat and blood everywere and i just cant wake up so i panic and i think all this bloods gonna attract them and then i hear it ....the bonchilling call of a velociraptor and i look and its gone and then its behind me and sometimes i turn around and he digs his claw into my throat and ripps it out and im gaslping for breathe and i come up short and my throat hurts like its real and still i cant waake up....im gaging on my own blood and its scarry bc raptors just start jumping on me and stabing me ripping me all apart and i feel my body tense with every rip and eventualy i shock myself awake....its raely realy scary and i never had a nightmare seem so real....i wanna die i dont wanna sleep im afraid and id rather realy die than live through that again....i cant take it!!!!!
  Send a message via Yahoo to Random_Hero Send a message via Skype™ to Random_Hero 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Snufflez Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Aubrey

Re: nightmares - August 2nd 2010, 05:15 AM

I'm sorry to hear that you've been through this. Nightmares can be a really terrifying thing. You said that in your dream he wasn't happy to see you. Did you not have a good relationship with him when he was alive or is this just a part of the dream that isn't related to your real life? Is it possible that your self concious might be scared that he is mad at you for something?

I'm not an expert on dreams, or sleeping for that matter, but maybe there is a medication you can take or something along those lines.

I wish I had more advice to give you, but know that everyone here is always there for you. If you need to talk feel free to PM me. Take care hun.

Love is life, and if you miss out on love, you miss out on life. <3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
lizzy6554 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: nightmares - August 2nd 2010, 05:22 AM

theres issues you need to work out in order to stop having these nightmares i dont know what they are but u might when these wake u up call me not matter what time
[Edited]

Last edited by eunoia; August 2nd 2010 at 05:57 AM. Reason: It is unsafe to post your phone number on the Internet.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Darrenboy! Offline
my long tongue is long.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: nightmares - August 2nd 2010, 05:32 AM

just remember that a dream.. is just a dream. Nothing more, nothing less. I've had worse nightmares of falling godknowshowmanydamnkilometres through an endless sky towards idontknowhateither. So just remember that experiences in dreams.. are merely experiences that do not happen in real life. and dont take the dream so seriously cause real life certainly offers more realistic scenarios.

i know that you certainly were a little shaken by whatever thats occured. But just remember that no matter what happens, you have the power to resist it, and take control of it. You're in control of yourself.

Best of luck!

Those who have went through more pain than everyone else, and want to protect anyone and everyone they know and care for from that pain, are stronger than everyone.

we come, we help, we stick and never leave. pm me anytimeee!

Official member of the completely Unofficial free hugs Club !

I'm firing mah Hugs!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
ThePunkAlien Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Josh

Re: nightmares - August 3rd 2010, 04:00 AM

Nightmares are a way of your subconscious dude. And yeah, it sucks not knowing your father or not having him in your life. I know nothing about my Dad and when I screw up and fall apart I'm always afraid that I'm failing him and my Mom - made worse since they're not in my life anymore. The only way I'm able to get past it sometimes is to try to find some form of balance in life. Once you fix your consciousness, or bring your consciousness to surface, it can't haunt you anymore... dreams are basically a way of your unconscious yelling at you.

"Maybe I just like people. Maybe sexuality isn't one thing or the other. Maybe it's just something that's shifting and moving. I just know I'm not thinking man or woman."
- SHAMELESS.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Angeal Offline
Average Joe

Name: Ranada Givens

Re: nightmares - August 3rd 2010, 02:46 PM

I know how it feels. My mom passed away when I was 5 in a house fire. Ever since I could wrap myself around it I've been having nightmares. Mine isn't as bad, but the nightmare I'm standing there watching the house burn, I hear her screams, and I don't do anything,but stand there and watch, I don't cry, nothing.Then when its all done, I just casually walk away. I used to wake sweating, and then i would cry and not want to go back to sleep. I'm still afraid to go to sleep for the fear of the nightmare coming back, but I do have a certain time to be in bed for school. I've pretty much learned to cope with the nightmare, but that don't mean that I've gotten over the fear of it. The best advice I can give is, to try and find the meaning fo the nightmare, and then just try and learn to come to terms with it.
Feel free to PM me if you need to talk

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Spirit. Offline
Run free
I've been here a while

Name: Kaveri

Re: nightmares - August 3rd 2010, 03:17 PM

Hey armand!

Josh is right. Dreams as they say are 'the royal road to the unconscious'. I think you may have some suppressed or repressed feelings and memories that hurt you at some point in your life and it's manifesting itself in your dreams. That could be because you're going through something that might have triggered that off.
What you could do, is try to figure out what happened when you were younger that hurt you and caused such feelings that you feel while you dream. But I suggest you do this in the presence of a close friend, so they'll be there to help and assist you through it. You need to confront your fears and pains in the past for this to stop.

I would like to know, are the dreams recurring? Do you have the same dreams again and again, as that could be because as I said, something has triggered it off. But if you are just generally having nightmares, then, that's probably because you're afraid of something or something is stressing you out right now in your life. Try to figure that out first, maybe it'll help!
Hope everything turns out better.
Take care, yeah?
If you need to talk, please, don't hesitate hesitate to PM/VM me!

~Through the wind and the rain she stands hard as a stone
In a world that she can't rise above.
But her dreams give her wings and she flies to a place where she's loved.

Concrete Angel

"And so I grew from colt to stallion
As wild and as reckless as thunder over the land.
Racing with the eagle, soaring with the wind.
Flying? There were times I believed I could."

HelpLINK Mentor - 2.4.2011
LiveHelp Operator - 18.6.2011

Send a message via MSN to Spirit. Send a message via Skype™ to Spirit. 
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Raysic Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Roy

Re: nightmares - August 3rd 2010, 08:18 PM

this may not sound good and i can't imagine what your nightmares are like and what you're going through, but i've found (and i know of many others) that if you try to laugh off a dream, tell yourself it was a dream and nothing more and telling a close friend or friends about the dream that it will go away. i don't know much about nightmares, but it's always worked for me on a recurring nightmare. tell people, try to laugh it off, dont be afraid, best advice i can give

Closed Thread