TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
liketheangel Offline
Average Joe

Name: Amy

real low point- will i get sectioned? - August 10th 2010, 12:53 AM

ive been really struggling lately. and im the sor tof perosn who keeps it all in but the other night i got too drunk and it all sorta came out. i was drunk on the floor. found with pills and alcohol. stupidly when the ambulance asked me if i was considering to kill myself i said yes. long story short i spent the night in a prison cell, and the next day everythign was crazy.
i understand people are worried and i feel incredibly guilty.. but i cant handle the questions they all looka t me differently. my parents drove 6 hours to see me and dont know why im so messed upm is it selfish i dont want them to know.
im jsut so confused. i got so clsoe to it the other night but now im killing myself for almost doing it. ive never seen people so worried about me.

i guess i dunno some advice would be good im lost confused and feel out of control. got to see a doctor tomorrow. they were tryign tog et me sectioend at the police station so im jsut really worried. is it likely they might section me?

Floating, falling, sweet intoxication
Touch me, trust me, savour each sensation
let the dream begin let your darker side give in
to the power of the music that I write
The power of the music of the night

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Antihero
I've been here a while

Name: Ghost

Re: real low point- will i get sectioned? - August 10th 2010, 01:46 AM

Depends how much of the "truth" (god I hate that concept in psychology) you tell them. I'm sure I would end up sectioned if I actually told a shrink my darkest thoughts and intentions. Do you think you need inpatient help? It seems possible they'll deem you a "danger to yourself" based on the info you've given them. If I were them, I'd probably need some more details to form my opinion. I've often had just a fucking bad day and taken a few xanax, downed a few beers -- kind of tempting fate, so to speak. If that's what happened the other night, I'd tend to think you don't need sectioning and won't be admitted. But if you have an ongoing, definite intention to end your life, you probably will be admitted -- and you should be.

The neon burns a hole in the night, and the Freon burns a hole in the sky.
You can find my kind living right on the fault line, eyes on the seaside, lives on the B-side, kites on the power lines.

Closed Thread