TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xHollyx Offline
Not a n00b

Name: holly

I cant take it! - August 10th 2010, 08:45 PM

my dad who i havnt seen in 13 years promised he'd call me yesterday.
he spoke to my sister on the phone and he said he wanted contatc with me.
he aplogised for everything that he'd put me and my brother and sisters through.he said that my mam brought out the worst in him.
he said there wasnt a day that went by without him thinking about me and that he'd even made a will up and in it he had said that he wanted someone to find me and for his house to be left to me.
he even said that his mam (whos now in a care home) speaks about me all the time even though shes lost her memory of recent things she can still rember the past and he wanted to bring me to see her.
his brother was right , he'll seem nice in the begining but he'll turn out to be a complete arsehole.
i thought maybe something came up yesterday an emergancey so he couldn't call me, but he hasnt called today either.
every time my phone rings i get my hopes up thinking its going to be him, but its not him, and it will probly never be him.
i didnt sleep on sunday night because i was nervous about the phone call and excited about it at the same time and i didnt sleep last night because of disapointment.
disapointment in him for lying and in myself for believing him.
i cant take it i didnt think i'd hurt this much. i'd rather him call me and say he wants nothing to do with than to get my hopes up.
i've thought of every reason why he couldnt call me, maybe my sister didnt give him the right number or he took it down wrong, maybe when he said he'd call me monday he ment next monday, maybe my sister mis heard him and he said he'd call me, but never said what day, maybe his mams really ill.maybe he's ill or maybe he just lied about everything and hates me.
i dont know what to do, i dont know if i should call im , cause i think that if i call him he'll give me a stupid lie about why he never called .
do i call him or not ? or wait for him to call me ? please i need advice i relly cant take this much longer its driving me isane ><

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Nomophobia Offline
Music is my escape
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Muse

Re: I cant take it! - August 10th 2010, 09:14 PM

Hey, I'm really sorry you are going through this. I know how hard it can be. At the end of the day it's up to you, you can either call him and get it out of the way with a stupid lie, or you can wait and dwell on the chance that he might call you. Honestly, it sounds like he isn't truly interested otherwise he would have stuck to his promise, or at least called today. he could have even rung your sister to explain why he couldn't contact you.
Yoou are not alone in this situation, I'm here for you and want to help. I know a lot about uninterested fathers!

"Friends are like stars; you don't always see them but you know they are always there"

"It gives me hope. I love you so much. You give me a reason to breathe. Its something for me to not kill myself for" >>> means so much :')

Paramore! <3
Pm me anytime, I like to help!
  Send a message via MSN to Nomophobia  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
xHollyx Offline
Not a n00b

Name: holly

Re: I cant take it! - August 10th 2010, 09:33 PM

my sis said he sounded interesed on the phone and he couldnt call her back because she had her phone on private, she said that he even said hed bring me to mcdonalds or the cinema the first time that we met and that he was really glad she called, he even asked how my brothers and sisters were because he raised them for 10 years as if they were his own. i dont understand why he'd lie though cause i know his address and i have his number its different if she just met him on the street and he lied cause we wouldnt know how to contact him.i think i will call him ....but i thought he shouldve called me because it was up to him to make the effort, liek ive made loads of effort to contatc him and it wasnt even my fault he left, it tooks months for me to track him down and i really got my hopes up when my sis said he wanted contact, but i know never to believe a word he says again.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Nomophobia Offline
Music is my escape
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Muse

Re: I cant take it! - August 10th 2010, 09:57 PM

Oh right. yeah I can see where you are coming from, he should show u he is making an effort. You will have to take what he says with a pinch of salt and sort of, see it to believe it if you excuse the cliche!
Good luck with whatever you decide and message me if you want to talk

"Friends are like stars; you don't always see them but you know they are always there"

"It gives me hope. I love you so much. You give me a reason to breathe. Its something for me to not kill myself for" >>> means so much :')

Paramore! <3
Pm me anytime, I like to help!
  Send a message via MSN to Nomophobia  
Closed Thread